Ch.16 Measurement
349 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, please place your hand on this crystal."

As the instructor directed the student in front of me, I had an epiphany.

I've.... probably leveled up, haven't I?

I did technically beat a bunch of people in the battle royale. I wasn't exactly playing offensively, but I definitely knocked quite a few out myself. And there was definitely that one bandit on the road. So if I'm correct.....

------------------------------------------------------
<Status>
Name: Aer
Class: Warrior (Engineer, Cook, Scribe)
Level:24
Stat Points: 210
Hp: 587/587 (11)
Mp: 379/379 (63)
Sp: 568/568 (257)
Str: 60 (12)
Int: 43
Con: 59
Wis: 40
Dex: 55
Spd: 50
Luk: 22

Titles:
[World Traveler] [Inventor] [Masterchef] [Windscribe] [Combat Veteran] [Brawler] [Player lv 24]

Skill Points: 115

Unique Skills:
[Appraisal lv 30] [Otherworld Language]

Combat Skills:
[Bash lv 15] [Heavy Slice lv 12] [Spin Slash lv 8] [Charge lv 8] [Parry lv 29]

Life Skills:
[Cooking lv 25] [Crafting lv 3] [Calligraphy lv 1] [Horse Riding lv 1] [Negotiation: lv 5]
---------------------------------------------------

Yep. I leveled up a whole 14 times. I also gained the parry skill, which makes sense considering my style of fighting. I have a good amount of status points now. Skill points too. I think I'll hold off on spending them for a minute though, I did just tell my friends I'd be near the bottom, and I'm fairly certain that these level ups may have already risked that. (Not that that's entirely a bad thing, it's just.... I made a claim. And their reactions would be funny.)

The instructor then called me up to do my test. He repeated the instructions to me. Place my hand on the crystal, then inject a little of my mana into it. I did as instructed, and this appeared on the crystal.

------------------------------------------------------
Name: Aer
Class: Warrior
Level:24
Hp: 587/587 (11)
Mp: 379/379 (63)
Sp: 568/568 (257)
Str: 60
Int: 43
Con: 59
Wis: 40
Dex: 55
Spd: 50
Luk: 22

Titles: 7

Skills: 12
---------------------------------------------------

"A little below average, but not too ba-"

He cut off as he blinked a few times, then his gaze flicked back up to my level. He stared at it, unblinking, before slowly turning to face me. I smiled and put a finger to my lips in a shushing gesture. He looked conflicted for a moment, but ultimately decided to respect my privacy. Though he also warned me that I'd probably be called to the principal to talk about it later. Which is fair enough, I suppose.

I walked over to the side to wait for my friends so we could discuss our results. The crystal was blurred when I took a look at it from a distance, likely a weaker version of what they have at the town gate.

A minute or two later, we were all gathered together in a quiet corner. Deondre started us off.

"Alright, so I had an average in the low nineties, and my strength stat even goes above a hundred, so they said I was pretty high up in terms of stats!"

"I did a lot better than I thought I would," said Hekiria, with a shrug and a wry smile. "I knew I had high eighties mostly, but I didn't know that was anything good. Apparently I've just gotten too used to how strong my family is."

Then she smirked.

"What about you Aer? Were you actually as low as you thought?"

"Actually, I levelled up quite a bit from the battle, so I wound up with high fifties, and low sixties. They said I was on the low end of average."

I could practically see the gears creaking in their heads, and had a brief struggle to contain my laughter. After a few seconds, it clicked for Hekiria.

"Wait, you levelled up? How? Were you level 20 or something? Because I can't see you getting more than one or two levels from what amounts to a group spar otherwise."

Trying my best to keep a straight face, I showed them my current level. Deondre just blinked and tilted his head, as the gears in his head stuttered. Meanwhile, Hekiria was gaping. I doubled over laughing as she began sputtering.

"Wh- B- Yo-.... But that.... Th- Tha- That should not be possible. You're lying. You're lying about something, because if that's your level there's no way your stats are that high."

She pointed an accusatory finger at me as she spoke, and between gasps I expanded the window to show my stats as well. Deondre just sat on the floor, leaned back on the wall, and stared at the ceiling with a slightly glazed over look in his eyes. Probably contemplating the meaning of life or something. Meanwhile Hekiria had her hands on her temples muttering at a breakneck speed, trying to reconcile my irregularity with her view of how the system worked. All the while, I had my hand over my mouth, trying my best not to laugh myself to death.

I'm pretty sure we were both failing.

I wanted to make this a bit longer, but this was a decent stopping point and I have work to do by the end of the day. (My catching up did not end on the weekend like I thought, but I shall persevere!)

11