Chapter 37
3.4k 24 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

And now I have to solve the problem what I shall do with the rest of the night.
For example, it's kind of a waste that I have all those extremely extravagant beds and am the only one who can't use them.
Cause if I would try to, my thoughts would just transport me somewhere else.
For now, I might find something to occupy myself, but how long will that last?
I contemplate like this while I walk to the room which copies my own in this castle.
It's mostly identical but has a nice asset.
That is that it has a grand terrace.
With this, I can survey the whole area.
And I had something in mind.

 

Terraforming!

 

In consideration naturally, as Chiaki has to sleep, but this wasteland of sharp stones is just too depressing for my taste.
If I can create golden walls, then green plants should be possible as well.
According to Zika it should in the end still look gloomy, but with a little finetuning and an eye for details, it might look less depressing.
But before I start with a forest there are two other points I have on my list.
The first one is rather easy but absolutely essential for my beautification project.

I need a river!

 

  • River
     
  • River
     
  • River
     
  • River

 

"Squash"

 

With this, from the horizon till directly here at the castle, water is gushing out of the earth, forming a river that floats endlessly from the distance, until it vanishes on the other side.
I hope I didn't bother my guest.
There was some noise, but the walls are thick and we are high above the rushing waters, so Chiaki should still be able to rest.
Why did I do this in the first place?

The reason is pure necessity.
If I have pitfall toilets installed in this castle I simply cannot afford to have the waste accumulate on the ground.
I really don't want to deal with that stink.

The castle is already pretty remote, located on a mountain, but now there is just a small earthen passage connecting us to the rest of this world, which is in addition interrupted with the castle's drawbridge.
Quite a sight and surely absolutely impregnable, if there would be any people who could try besieging it in the first place!

 

  • People
     
  • People
     
  • People

 

Stop!!!

Huff, that was a close call.

 

I couldn't afford anyone else here at the moment.
There might be quite an amount of supplies, but this doesn't mean this barren place could sustain life in a lasting way.
Yet as it kind of belongs to the castle scenery I'm aiming for I want at least this.

 

"Make please a village here!" (I)

 

  • Village
     
  • Village
     
  • Village
     
  • Village

 

And with that, promptly a village shapes itself into form down there.
It is a rather troubling sight, to see how the ground at the end of the path from the castle, starts to rise, move like a living thing, and wobbles like flesh.
Then the concrete pulls back and what remains are structures which "look" as if they are made from wood and to a smaller degree stone.
It's more of a European style, as I wanted to stay somewhat consistent with the medieval fantasy setting here.

Yet now one might ask why I would do this.
I have no real plans to populate the area, so why would I build a village?
The reason is, it simply looks good!

At the moment I have one big castle here which towers over a barren, dreadful landscape.
And it's in a very distorted way my home.
Now there is in my opinion the problem that my castle just looks evil.
And I would want it to look friendlier!
So rather than having the image of being an eerie shut-in, with this village, it will at least from afar look as if people would dare to come close to this place.
Even if no one does, just from the created image this looks better.
And so I don't regret it.

The next on my list of things I want to add would be a forest.

 

  • Forest
     
  • Forest
     
  • Forest
     
  • Forest

 

Well...

THIS IS NO FOREST!!!

 

This is an abomination made of all variants of tentacles with thorns, blistering infectious growths, and structures just consisting of spikes!
And... does it move?!

Who comes up with such a thing?
Okay, in some way I do as it is my creation, but I certainly didn't wish for this kind of result.
So instead something else completely twisted my wish.
Something that has absolutely no common sense regarding forest and just made something with a concept completely divergent from anything one could call plants.

 

You!

Yes, certainly!
What makes these structures are the nightmares inside me.
I can order the things I want, but the execution is their doing!
In some way, I am no more in full control of my own mind.
A very troublesome thought if you're asking me.
I might be in charge, but not alone and this is just distressing.
I'm a little scared here.

However, until now there was no situation where I got taken over.
It just accumulates to reflexes, like with those poor demons I ate and my subconsciousness which is designing whatever I wish for.
But regarding my mental state, it's a problem that I share my mind with demons and the reflexes caused a rather large number of casualties until now.
I should really focus on staying myself.
And I start with creating the kind of forest I want to have.
I will show to my subconsciousness how the real deal looks like!

 

This was quite occupying.
In the end, all I managed to change was the color scheme from violet to green and introduce something like trees with actual leaves.
Extremely distorted trees that give of a feel as if they're trying to grab you and probably will.
Like this, it looks maybe similar to a forest, but utterly ominous and is surely no place where the non-existing villagers should let their children play.

 

Also, I created grassy planes in green and some fields, which were simple enough in nature that my subconsciousness couldn't mess them up.
But who knows how they look close by.
However, looking at the clock I should start to get ready for school.
And before that need to bring Chiaki out.
I hope for her that she got some sleep.

 

While I go to that room, navigating with the help of my inner Chiaki radar, I notice that Kuri is tailing me.
Presumably, she was already quite long there.
After I find the room in that labyrinth of floors with my innate minimap, I open the door and find Chiaki deep asleep.
She honestly managed to find sleep in this nightmare world.
And as it seems there was a pajama in the wardrobe for her.
Quite ironic how much at peace she is.

 

"Chiaki, it starts to get late, so maybe you should now wake up." (I)

 

At once her eyes rush open.
This was certainly too easy.
I didn't even say this out loud.
I didn't...
No I din't control Chiaki!
That thought is forbidden!
We don't control people!

Please!

 

I should at least greet her.

 

"Uh, how was your night?" (I)

"This was no dream..." (C)

"I fear not." (I)

 

Okay, she looks a little disturbed.

 

"Could you get some rest?" (I)

"Y-yes! But... Wow, everything really happened!" (C)

 

She stares at her hand and after a moment it starts to glow.

 

"This really happened." (C)

"Ehm, it's gonna get late, so maybe I should let you out. Oh, and I've completely forgotten to give your phone back. Here!" (I)

"Thank you! Wow, it's a little bit much to take in." (C)

"According to you, you were yesterday more in a delirious state. No wonder it comes now all back. But you look much better!" (I)

 

Her aura is also again rather hard to look at with her brightness.
Zika will hate this.

 

"Yes! Ehm, so out here?" (C)

"We are right now at home. I would like to do it there. If only to convince my mother that you are alright." (I)

"O-okay!" (C)

"You know, I will have to... to get you out." (I)

"Uh, I remember. Yesterday when you had Karin exiting this place the ground ate her. I hope she's fine." (C)

"Sure, I would never harm others." (I)

 

As long they aren't hostile demons.

 

"I don't think I am ready, but I guess I never will be, so please just make it fast." (C)

"Okay, I will!" (I)

 

With this, I take some steps away to teleport me back into my room.
It's time to bring out all the people!
And with a thought, I vanish.

 

"Swsh"

 

  • People...

 

 

142