Chapter 68
2.8k 29 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Nngh"

 

The girl, whose name was Nanako if I remember it correctly, stirs.
The boy with the hero complex, I guess his name was  Sora, looks as well as if he'd wake up any moment.
Glasses boy is basically in a coma and I don't even know what I did there to the goth girl.
But two are already bad enough.
In this situation, I do the only reasonable thing.

 

"Chiaki! Help me?!" (I)

 

Don't judge me.
Dealing with people is probably my least refined ability.
The only other thing that came to my mind would be teleporting far away from here, leaving everyone on this rooftop.
And I still hold this back as a viable alternative.

 

"Wh-what do you mean?" (C)

"They will wake up any moment, and you know that I'm not good with people! I have no idea what to tell them." (I)

 

I don't even know if I can scold them for following us after I tortured them.
That would feel terribly inappropriate.

 

"I'm not sure if I'm the right one to tell them anything." (C)

"Please, Chiaki. I can't do this, pleeaase." (I)

"Oh my. That's unfair! I can't say no if you come with void-black puppy eyes." (C)

 

Once again I realize that my eye illusion isn't as easy to apply and maintain as the rest of my body shifting.
But that doesn't matter as the two will wake up any moment.
Maybe I could just teleport them into their beds and tell them it was all a bad dream?
Sigh, guess this won't work after what they've been through.
And they might talk to each other.
So there's no other choice but to talk this out.
Good luck, Chiaki.

 

"Ngh. Waaaahhh-... Wha-?" (N)

 

The girl wakes up with a start, a stifled scream, and looks confused around.
Fitting for someone who got just released from a nightmare.

Chiaki is right on her.

 

"Hey you! Are you okay? I know this was quite much at once. You should calm down first!" (C)

 

I never understood how anyone could be able to calm down while Chiaki comes over them like a tsunami.

 

"Wha- What happened? No. I... I know... Do I?" (N)

"You've got swallowed and spat out by an outer god. But overall, you're fine!" (C)

 

I'm not sure if Chiaki's approach is the best one there is but I, in her place, would still stammer incoherent things, trying to puzzle an answer together.

 

"A... An outer god? How would? Are you crazy?" (N)

"No, no. She stands right there." (C)

 

And Chiaki points at me.
Didn't I just say that I don't want to be involved or draw any attention?
Should I wave now?
Well, I do.

 

"Sh-she? I don't understand. I feel so... I don't know. As if something's gone. But do I want it back? An outer god?" (N)

"You should take it slowly. As far I've understood it you've got disconnected from your most recent memories. Relatively spoken. Might have felt like several years. But now you're fine." (C)

"I... I remember a place. But was that me? It's so strange. I know I should feel something but it feels empty. I'm not sure if I'm alright." (N)

 

Suddenly there's a shout from the side.

 

"Die demon lord! Huh?" (S)

 

Yes...

The "hero" just made his appearance.

 

"I-is Soralia saved?" (S)

 

Okay...

 

"Well, now that the demon lord has been vanquished it should be possible for the allied forces to start a counterattack against the orc invasion and drive them back past the black valley. The goblin tribes might require some more effort with their high fertility rates but are no greater threat on their own. If anything that's a long-term work-creation program for the adventurers. It may take a while for the lost planes to recover but eventually, the kingdom will find back to its old strength." (I)

 

Ahem. Why is everyone looking at me?
Wait, why do I know that Soralia is a fantasy world as cliche as it could be?
I mean, it's perfectly divided into good human, elf, dwarf countries on the left and evil orc, ogre, demon countries on the right.
Why the heck do I know this?!
It's not even well-thought-out!
The politics are barely touched and the characters flat.
The fuck!?

Okay, okay.
Calm down.
There's just one more generic isekai-story in my head adding to the thousands I've already read.
But I'm sure that Sora wasn't the protagonist in a single one of them!
I'm confused.

 

"You..." (S)

"Iekh! Sorry! It wasn't meant like this! Everything was a big, stupid accident! I'm just so new to all this and didn't think it through. Please, you have to believe me!" (I)

"I wanted to ask how you know about Soralia?" (S)

"According to that girl there, she ate us and did something to our minds." (N)

"It wasn't intentional!" (I)

 

Might not help much but I feel it's important to mention.
I am no bad person.

 

"What even happened?" (N)

"You secretly followed us to a meeting with utterly aggressive demons and they promptly wanted to invite you for dinner. Iori just in time sucked you in before something bad had happened. Well, "more bad" than what actually happened. At least I hope it would've been more bad." (C)

"Followed? Ah. Yes. I think I remember." (N)

"Why the heck did you go behind us? In any case nothing good could come from this and you had to know this!" (I)

"We, we know that you're not normal. Not even human. We were so close to some really big occult secrets. Naturally we had to study this!" (S)

"You're aware how stupid this sounds?" (I)

"Wait! What is with Jonichi and Yoko?" (S)

"Uh, Jonichi got it a bit worse. But he should be better as soon as he wakes up. Maybe tomorrow." (C)

"And Yoko?" (N)

"She..." (C)

"Ugh. What happened?" (Y)

"She's perfectly fine!" (C)

 

This "Tadah"-gesture was overkill, Chiaki.
I directly run towards her.
For me, she was noted as a terminally ill patient, with minor responsibility from my side.
I need to make sure that she's alright.

 

"How do you feel? Does anything hurt? Do you remember what happened? Or better did you successfully forget it? You need to stay calm, okay?! Stay calm!!!" (I)

"Wah!?" (Y)

 

I said, stay calm!

 

"I, I don't know what you mean. I feel great. Everything's fine." (Y)

"Oh. Okay." (I)

 

Chiaki comes from the side.

 

"You don't remember something like billions of tentacles doing indescribable things to you?" (C)

"Huh? I'm not sure. Maybe?" (Y)

 

Why do I worry now that she might suddenly implode?
If not today then suddenly some months or years in the future.

 

"Oookay. I just want you to know that you went through quite some bad stuff. So if you note something disturbing with you or if you need any help please contact me." (I)

 

I write for her my number on a piece of paper, which no one shall question now where it came from.
I needed it and that's what matters.
While I am quite sure that it's not in my interest to give them any information like that, I also believe that I owe her that much after I messed up her soul.

 

"I don't understand. Who even are you?" (Y)

 

Your friendly outer god classmate!
Yet I should go for something different.

 

"I... Am a bit supernatural in nature and caused you some trouble, which I feel really bad about. So please let me make up for it. If there's anything you need." (I)

"Uhh, my head's a bit woozy, but if you say so." (Y)

 

At least she takes the paper.

 

"Wait, she can ask for any favor and we get nothing?" (N)

 

Why am I not surprised that this came from the one with the most peculiar aura?
However, I once said that it's wrong to read them out like this and so it is to apply such ideas to them.
It's some kind of soul racism, which should be considered bad.

 

"As far I've understood you are mostly fine and there won't be any lasting effects." (I)

"You ate us!" (N)

"Look, I am sorry for this. I really am. But following me without my consent is by no means okay. I'm only trying to keep my life easy and simple and you're making this harder for me. By no means do I want to threaten you. I'm absolutely no violent person. But I simply need to ask you to leave it be and focus on something else. You just had the proof that supernatural powers truly exist. But now you should be more careful about what you are researching or you might bring yourself and others in danger." (I)

"Hm. But don't you think that a bit of recompensation would be right? Or rather... Let's say a bit help that this won't repeat." (N)

"Are you seriously trying to pressure an outer god?" (C)

"I'm sure it would help to make me forget all the terrible things I just went through. I mean, what happened to me... I don't even know how I could stay sane there." (N)

 

I'd say because you're a cunning bitch.
Something in me stirs and wants to do something to the girl which I know I shouldn't do.
Instead, I have an idea.

 

"Sigh. You promise that I'm getting my quiet school life, without ever being bothered again, if I comply?" (I)

"Oh... Yes, absolutely." (N)

"Fine. What do you want?" (I)

"Knowledge. Not the kind Doreo gives out, with all the rituals, roundabout ways, coaxing, and eventual self-destructive fallout. I want something simple, with impact." (N)

 

This sounds like an absolutely terrible idea.
I don't even know what to do with this request.

 

"Oh, you mean something like controlling one's own lifeforce? To cast magic and such?" (C)

 

Thank you, Chiaki, for giving them ideas!

 

"Ah, that sounds about right! I'd take that!" (N)

 

And with the most disturbing fake smile, she looks expectant in my direction.
I have no idea how I should make this happen.
Wait, actually I do!
I perfectly know how I could grant this request.
But I don't!

Why, and how? I'm confused.
I only know that if I'd try I could make this happen.
However, I can't simply give them power.
That would be irresponsible, even if I feel guilty.

On the other side, I've tortured them.
Sending them back home without any kind of compensation would be mean.
Maybe I can compromise?

 

"Before I grant you anything I have some conditions." (I)

"I'd present Sora's soul to you this instant." (N)

"Nanako!" (S)

"What? No! I'm not this kind of..." (I)

"Dark demon goddess?" (C)

"Yes! I mean no! You know what I mean, Chiaki." (i)

"Then what is it that you want?" (N)

"Listen. I need someone who can change the stories about the seven wonders. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about as you've seen them and otherwise your whole club wouldn't deserve its name." (I)

"Change the stories?" (N)

"Yes. The rumors and such. Make them less violent. I don't want that anyone dies because he swims at the wrong place. No too extreme changes. Only limiting the worst parts." (I)

"And if we agree we get what we want?" (N)

"I think so. But one more thing. If you receive any kind of power from me I won't allow you to use them for nefarious acts. As I said, I'm not violent, but if you use anything that is related to me for selfish reasons in a way that others are harmed I will know. And I don't even want to think about what happens then." (I)

 

God, I can barely hold onto myself.
It's completely against my character to act so imposingly.

The truth is, something inside me made me say this.
I wasn't controlled, I think, but there was a part of me that really had to make this clear.
The girl looks a bit frightened now, but then she nods.
Okay, time to bestow some powers.

 

110