Chapter 69
3k 46 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The girl is already worrisomely eager to get what I promised.
Which makes me question how the fuck I could even consider doing this.
But it could be an important factor to stop the demons from eating the students.
Also, I doubt she would break the agreement to not use this for evil since I at least believe she wouldn't want to see me angry.

 

"Ehm, how is this done?" (N)

 

I have honestly no idea.
And at the same time, I somehow know.
I need to establish a connection.
And then I'll simply copy the information she wished for into her head.
Since she only wanted some magic, what should fit her bill would be basic life force manipulation, similar to what Chiaki already mastered, and context groundwork on doing magical stuff.
But where does this knowledge come from?
I've never studied this stuff and when I try thinking about it there's only the certainty I can do it.

 

"This might feel a little bad. I would ask everyone else to look away. Please." (I)

 

Sadly I lack the authority I would like to have and honestly should wield, given my status.
This gives me some unwanted attention when my tentacles emerge, followed by some gasps.

 

"A-and this won't hurt?" (N)

"It might sting a bit. Now please hold still." (I)

 

Promptly the tendrils grow in her direction and attach themselves to mouth, nose, eyes, and ears.
A moment later I'm inside.
Some tears are escaping this girl's eyes but I somehow managed to restrict her ability to move, so she won't squirm.
Suddenly there's a rush from inside me towards her.
Something that feels foreign and at the same time strangely familiar is pushing stuff from the expanse within me through the tendrils.
They feel now like I suppose network cables do and act as such, transporting information directly into her head.

The amount is abysmally small in comparison to the total it comes from, but still my weird sense with which I'm operating is troubled to fit it all inside.
It's easier said than done to put something into a brain as this space is not empty.
It needs some rearrangement of existing synapses.
While I have some doubts about doing brain surgery my weird sense is less restrained and simply does it before I can even argue.
With a jolt, the girl is back on and my tendrils slip out.
The blood flowing out of her orifices is worrying me, but overall she looks fine.

 

"And?" (I)

"Wow!" (N)

"Yes?" (I)

"I, I know everything! No, not everything. But enough to start. I feel like I was blind, but now I can see! It's strange. This is what I wanted." (N)

"Okay. Glad that you're content with the result. But as I mentioned before, you're forbidden from abusing whatever I gave to you. Because if you do I'll find out and make you regret you ever existed!" (I/?)

 

Wha-

What was that?!

This didn't come from me, but it did!
Why did I say this?
Okay, I find her aura a bit problematic and don't want to give her a weapon without any restrictions, but I'm not the kind of person who would threaten others.

And this wasn't even my voice.
Where did this demonic overlord bariton come from?
Why did I do so?
Everyone is now totally terrified.
Even Chiaki looks now concerned at me.

 

"Ehm, sorry. Don't know where that came from. But for real, don't do bad things with that knowledge." (I)

 

Is my assuring smile working to calm them down?

 

"Ehm, Iori? I would suggest that you first change your eyes back to normal. Also, your teeth kinda... grew... pointy." (C)

 

I touch inside my mouth and promptly cut myself on a far too sharp, feral tooth.
Naturally, the wound closes instantly.

 

"What!? Damn, just what is wrong with my eyes today? And goddamn, now even my teeth?!" (I)

 

As I do with everything else, I shift my teeth back to normal.
While I lack a mirror for the details it's easy enough to deduce the right shape from my memory.
On the eyes, I apply the same blend as usual.
But it's concerning how often this one becomes undone.
It takes a while, but eventually, I can convince the others that they are fine and I'm not going to swallow them anew.
Then the hero boy raises his hand half up.

 

"C-could I ask..." (S)

"Yes?" (I)

"My power. What happened to it? The power of the chosen one I wielded while I was in Soralia?" (S)

 

Oh god, boy!
This world was purely imaginative.
Just your dream!
Of course, you had power there!
A dreamer controls his own dreams and is naturally the strongest there.
It's also the ultimate plot armor, as nothing divergent from the fantasy can happen.
And don't ask me how I know this!

 

"Ehm, I think you can't use them in this world." (E)

"Oh..." (S)

 

Now he looks dejected.
I actually feel bad for him.
He was so long in this simulation I accidentally forced upon him and thought it was all real.
Which kinda was the case, as the created dream plane was stable for the time he dreamed it and even now there exists something like a frozen savegame of it from the moment where he left inside me.

Ugh, this is weird.
I perfectly know all this stuff.
To be precise I've never seen everything this clear.
It's totally disturbing.

 

"That means that everything I did there... nothing carries over?" (S)

 

Sadly no.
Even if it would be fairly easy to activate his conduits and strengthen his body so much that he would be in a similar state.
I wouldn't even feel bad about this, as he makes the impression of a genuinely caring person.
Aside from problematic harem-protagonist traits.
Heck, why do I know all this?!

Just proceed and get over with this.

Okay, if I say so myself...
Wait! Stop!
This is absolutely not alright!
I want answers! Now!

But only after I left.
Right now there are too many people around here.

Ah, yes.
That's certainly true.
For now, I could simply do this boy a little favor for all the inconveniences.
I simply flick his chest and send a powerful wave through him which should activate all his aura conduits to channel his life force through his body.
Not with a dangerous intensity that might burn him out from the inside and exhaust all his life force, but so much that he can't harm himself and still benefit from enhanced bodily abilities.
I simply gave a shove to accelerate his life force.

It's not like he'll suddenly become a hero with this bit but it's a start.
And if the books they've got at their club are of any value he can apply the theory behind them.
It's a bit like Chiaki when she started out with her beams.
But because he has no supervisor and I won't do it I put limiters on his conduits.
All of this happens in a moment before I realize that I don't even know how I got the idea to do this, not to speak of the necessary knowledge.

 

"What was that!?" (S)

"Ehm, I think I made you stronger. This should be a given, but whatever this entails now exactly, use it in a responsible manner. Don't play the hero, be careful and don't hurt yourself, and foremost, I don't want to see you in the news." (I)

"I... What exactly means stronger? It's a bit much at once." (S)

"Ah, well. Just a bit more than average. I lack comparatives." (I)

 

I mean Chiaki is certainly not average.
His power may only be a fickle flame compared to the sun but there are similarities.
Is this where I've got this idea?
From what Zika did to train Chiaki?

But no.
This was many times more efficient and there were simply too many shortcuts at once.
Today is just so weird.
I feel like I'm standing beside me.
Maybe I should just stop doing anything for now.
I definitely feel too weird not to be concerned.

 

"If everyone is happy now I'd like to go home." (I)

"Yes, yes. Sure." (S)

"And just to make this clear, you're not going to follow me. Never again!" (I)

"Absolutely. We're so sorry." (N)

 

I'm not sure if she didn't just say so.
But before I can think too deeply about this I have the urge to ask something else.

 

"How did you even manage to follow behind me? I should've noticed your presence." (I)

"Oh, that... Doreo told us how we could get high-grade, anti-surveillance talismans which would cloak us even from "all-seeing" eyes. As long as we wouldn't push our luck that is." (N)

 

Seems like I'll need to have a talk with a certain library demon.
I'm sure he even planned that things go in this direction.
I mean, a talisman to go after an outer god?
If that's not dangerous knowledge I wouldn't know what else is.
In fact, he's responsible for this whole mess.
If I get him I will...

Wait! What is wrong with me?
I'm totally losing it right now.
Since when I've been so aggressive?
No. I certainly should leave this instant before I do something I'll regret.

 

"Can I assume you'll all be able to get on your own back home?" (I)

 

Even if glasses boy won't wake up anytime soon, their leader should be able to carry him now.
There has to be one positive point.
Since I just ascertained myself that it's fine, I don't wait for an answer.

 

"Chiaki? Can we go now? Please?" (I)

 

She's right now occupied with talking to the girl whose soul we remodeled together.

 

"Oh, okay! Coming this instant!" (C)

 

Then she turns back to the girl.

 

"If you have any questions, call me" (C)

"Thanks. I really need you right now." (Y)

 

The only problem left now would be to avoid any staff who remained in school since it's already long past closing time.
However, somehow I am sure that we can simply walk out here without anyone noticing. Which is once again totally disturbing.

 

"Pfft." (C)

"What is so funny?" (I)

 

I couldn't find too much positive about this day.

 

"I just thought... Pfft. Soralia, really? Pffhihihi!" (C)

 

Oh god!

Now I get this name!

Arghh!

 

109