Ch 8: System Initialisation
1.9k 8 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[*Ding*]

[System has now been activated]

[ The host can now access the breathing techniques and status.]

' Hmm, why did it use breathing techniques and not breathing technique?'

'let's check.'

'Status Open'. I thought in my mind as a Red Tablet appeared in front of me engraved with various texts. As I moved my eyes new text engraved itself upon the Tablet.

The tablet had Four Golden Dragon Claws holding it up from 4 sides and  the text upon it looked like it was written with Blue Hellfire as ink for some reason.

'This system screen honestly seems more scary.What the hell happened to those normal blue ones I read about all the time? Well at least it's not chunni' I found myself going in a mental rant so I instead opted to again focus on the tablet/screen in front of me.

[ Name: Asura Hashibira

Age: 5 Years and 7 months

Vital signs: Healthy and Dumb

HP : 17

ST : 9

DEX : 12

STM : 15

CHI : 25

WIS : 5

The host has unlocked the status menu and can now gain access to the status screen with just his thoughts.]

' Was the Dumb part really necessary?'

{ Author: Of course it was,you little dum dum. }

' Hmm let's check out my skills. System open skills panel. '

[ Demi God Body: Level 1

Exp : 1/100

Description: A gifted body from the gods. This Divine body allows the host regenerative powers stronger than the most powerful demons at it's max level ]

[ Dragon Breathing: Level 1

Exp : 1/100

Description: A breathing form developed by Aoiba Hashibira in the future. This technique allows the user incredibly thick skin and hide while also allowing the user different battle forms , also the Breathing technique will allow the user incredible stamina growth. Right now the host will only get access to base increases in his stats until the host unlocks battle forms.]

[ Wolf Breathing: Level 1

Exp : 1/100

Description: A breathing form developed by Tanjiro and Zenitsu's descendant. This breathing forms focuses more on speed and Iaido then it's Dragon counterpart which depends on raw strength and brute force for most of it.]

[ Drake's Jaws: Level 1

Exp: 1/100

May allow the user to have a jaw strong enough to split steel in two at it's max potential.]

[ Wolf Claws: Level 1

Exp: 1/100

Description: A battle technique which allows the user to train their limbs better than any other existing living organisms. Can train the users nail to be sharper than Nichirin blades]

[ Beast Nose: Level 1

Exp: 1/100

Description: A nose capable of seperating and sniffing smells from a large distance. The nose will allow the user to have an incredible sense of smell. ]

[ Battle Forms: Locked 

Requirements to Open: It's out of you league right now.]

' Hmm that's interesting. There isn't anything like a store or something. Maybe it'll open up later. '

' Maybe the same goes for the battle forms. Now I'm really excited. At least it is showing that it's unlockable. Although I don't like the sassy attitude I'm gonna have to depend on this thing for survival. '

[ The system will now start integrating directly into hosts DNA and the Dragon and Heavenly Wolf blood will also be mixed.]

[ The system recommends the host to find a place to lie down as the host will be unable to move for a long time.]

'I don't like how this thing words itself. What the hell does it use as it's vocabulary?' I thought while shivering at the idea of an old pervert god looking at me through the system.

[ Time till process starts: 30 Minutes]

" Hey Inosuke let's go to the cave.And you gotta stay with me tonight.Don't go running outside I might need your help later."

" Sure bro."

Then Inosuke and I started our walk back to our little abode.

15 minutes later 

At the entrance of the cave

" Okay Inosuke just lie down with me and let's watch the stars. " I said to which Inosuke immediately lied down.

Living in the mountains teaches you a thing or two and in these mountains the only form of entertainment is survival. Even though the animals here are more intelligent they still kill to survive, so we also spend most of our time polishing our skills for survival.

I was also a animal lover in my previous life so I mostly get along with all the animals but Inosuke goes Ham on any new thing he finds. The first rule of the boars is: 'If it fits in your mouth then it's edible.'

When I first heard this phrase from Inosuke's mouth I was ready to hang some boar heads in our cave as decoration. I mean there's so much wrong with that sentence. Inosuke stopped me from turning the Boar family into Candied Bacon full on Gordon Ramsay style but the thought of them corrupting my sweet little brother still gives me shivers down my spine.

Guess that's what you get for leaving your brother in the hands of the boars.

Our little cave was made of Wolf skin as the base and some lamps which we stole from the nearby villagers which pass by sometimes.

{ Authors Note: Stealing is bad kids don't be like this dumb dumb here.}

" Oi ! Inosuke what do you think about going down the mountain sometime? "

" Don't know bro, but if you're going then I'll too "

" Okay little guy we'll go next week, maybe we can find more things to eat."

Inosuke's eyes shined brightly at the thought of getting something new to eat.

'I'll never forgive the boars.' I mentally cursed the boars in my mind.

[ The process will start now ]

I was suddenly hit by a jolt of pain coming from the center of my chest. The pain seemed to be moving around my body like it was gathering something from the air around me.

Inosuke seemed worried but I had already told him that something like this might happen so he wasn't panicking.

I would've said something to him but my mouth wouldn't open. It was like my body was gathering every last bit of energy it could and gathering it towards the center of my chest.

' Well this isn't so bad, I guess?'

1 hour later

' This is very bad, very very bad '

Right now I was feeling the worst pain I have ever felt. It was like my bones were shaking inside my body trying to disintegrate and regenerating at the same time .

At the start I was only feeling slight pain in my chest but now I could feel my ligaments and tendons being pulled apart and reattached.

"Grr.............."

I let out a low grunt.

7 hours later

' Ah frick. '

Now my internal pain had subsided a little but my skin hurt like hell. I had blood pouring out from my skin pores.

Both my hands hurt above the elbows and my chest felt like someone was pouring lava on it. My head hurt like hell both from an incredible headache and also from the two holes being poked at it from the inside.

The blood around my eyes started to cool down and now I couldn't open my eyes and there was the addition of the itchiness I was feeling now.

' Well if this isn't perfect then I don't know what is. This is exactly what I wanted.My favourite Isekai'

I thought as I lost consciousness.

3 hours later

I woke up to see Inosuke crying and my face being sniffed at by the Wolves of my pack.

I rubbed my eyes to get the dried blood off of them and barely managed to open them and look around.

As soon as I tried to stand I fell down again. Inosuke rushed at me and hugged filling my chest with his tears.

I had somehow managed to tear my shirt during the process. Well it's not like it was anything more than ragged cloth that I found lying in the forest anyway.

" Why didn't you wake up when I asked you to? Do you know how scared I was?" Inosuke said still bawling his eyes out on my chest.

" Yeah sorry for that little guy, I guess I should've given you more of a hint. "

I said as I started to pat his head. I can't blame Inosuke even if I told him that I may feel pain I never told him that I might lose consciousness.

Hell even I didn't know that it would hurt so much.

" Okay what did I tell you about being strong. Calm down now, I have already told you that I'll never leave you. "

After a few minutes Inosuke calmed down while still letting out a sob or two. The wolves already went back as they can't leave the cave alone as the pups might wander off or start crying.

Really those little balls of fur cry so much sometimes. That's why I made another cave for myself and Inosuke but Inosuke usually liked to sleep outside.

" What happened to your hair and what are those things on your head?  Also what are those wierd things on your chest and arms?"  Now that Inosuke was calm he again returned to his cheerful curious kid personality.

"Huh?"

I let out a small gasp as I touched my head to see what Inosuke was pointing at.

61