Ch 13: Secrets
1.7k 18 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[*Ding*]

[You've received  Companion Evolution Potion x 2 for killing your first demon]

[Congrats on not turning into Demon poop]

' This bitchy system!'

' Well I'll check the potions later. First I gotta get to the village'

I thought while running full speed towards the village. It wasn't that far for me but considering that I spent the whole night fighting an immortal demon I guess I can take it slow.

*20 Minutes later*

I finally reached the village and as soon as I entered it was like someone saw Tony Stark. Literally everyone was looking at me.

'Well can't blame them. I mean where else would you see a 13 year old with a body like mine. Not only that, my hair color, tattoos and even my wolf pelt isn't exactly a discreet outfit.'

There was also the fact that I had an abnormally large wolf following me while said wolf was happily wagging his tail, but for me Fenris was like family so I didn't consider him abnormal in any form.

I finally reached what seemed to be a medical shack near the center of the village and saw Cerberus standing there while keepin guard.

" Hey there little guy" I said while patting Cerberus.

"Fenris guard the gate with Cerberus." I said as I slowly start to enter the hut.

The first thing I saw was Gramps sleeping on a bed but before I could even get to him someone jumped out of the shadow of the room and caught me.

Don't get me wrong my instincts are better than even wolves but somehow I was now caught in a hug by Inosuke.

" Why did you tell me go away from there? Are you okay? Are you hurt? What was that thing?"

"Okay, okay slow down dude. You're gonna wake Gramps up. Also that thing is called a demon I'll explain about them later."

" A demon in these mountains?" Suddenly came a voice.

I turned around to see an old granny sitting next to Gramps while checking his temperature from time to time.

"Yeah the ones with abnormal healing and black skin with stripes. The ones that drink human blood and kidnap children at night, those kinda demons"

" How did you get away from it?"

"I didn't. I killed it."

I said which made the granny gasped in suprise.

" After the Tsugikuni clan left these mountains there hasn't been a single demon that's been killed in the last 200 years."

"What? The Tsugikuni clan?"

"Yes. A clan of abnormal human warriors born with unnatural strength. They guarded these mountains for years but somehow the population of that clan never went up more than 12 members and the there were never more than 2 children in each generation."

"They are a legend in these mountains. People from that clan used to guard our ancestors from those despicable Demons. But sadly they somehow vanished"

'Hmm that's interesting. That means that Yorichi's child survived in this world. Well everything will be clear when we get to the demon slayer Headquarters.'

"So, Gramps isn't hurt right?"

"No, he only got a wound on his shoulder and although he won't be able to use that arm fron now on it would've been worse if he lost more blood. Fortunately for him your little brother runs quite fast. Being able to go from that shack this old guy built in those mountains to here would've exhausted any other child his age." She said while giving Inosuke a quick glance.

"Sure, I was the one who trained him can't imagine my brother being called slow." I said which put a happy smile on Inosuke's face.

" So can we find a place to stay for tonight. We would've left these mountains but we just can't leave Gramps in this state."

"We can't exactly provide you shelter but food and water can be arranged."

'Hmm that's kinda expected. I mean we never came to this village and with them being in the mountains and all they most likely don't have extra houses.'

'Well we already survived in the wild this much is fine'

"Sure. We'll just stay near the village tonight."

"Okay, now get out of here and let your Gramps rest. He'll be fully healed in a day or two."

"Okay,okay we're leaving. Who does this to their esteemed guests."

[Author: Haha, nope guests can be a pain in the ass. Especially if they ask your marks every time they see you]

"Let's go Inosuke"

After that we just set went towards the forest but not before collecting our food from the granny. Sure I could've used the food in my inventory but whatever I save now can be used for later and demon slayers don't exactly have the best Salary in the world so any food will be an important resource.

*At Midnight*

"So Nii san why are we here exactly?"

Inosuke asked while looking at me with a curious gaze.

We were currently In a clearing in the forest and had both Fenris and Cerberus with us. We were all seated in the middle of the clearing and looking at the stars.

" It's about the Demons Inosuke. Don't you wanna know more about them?"

"Yes I do but why this place?"

"Well no particular reason I just like the view."

"So what are those Demons?"

"They are creatures which survive on human flesh. In fact it was one of them who killed our mother"

"Wha--??" Inosuke was stupified. 

"Yes it was one of the strongest demon in existence which killed our mother."

"But how is it that you can remember about that but I can't?"

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"That's because I'm not from this World Inosuke."

"What do you mean by that?" Inosuke was visibly shaking and was on the verge of crying.

I then proceeded to tell Inosuke about my past life and everything that happened to me except the fact that he was a character in a manga.

Sometimes reality can be fake and sometimes something you deem as fake can be reality.

I told Inosuke about everything including how I was reincarnated. I thought that there would be a barrier or something to stop me from telling him about my past life and my reincarnation process but nothing happened.

I left out some parts but nothing too important. I told my brother everything until when I was born. I just said I was born randomly.

" But why was our mother killed by that demon. You said those things don't approach big groups of people right?"

"Well that's because of our Father."

"Why?"

" Well he wanted to kill you and me both because he was drunk and didn't have anything else to do. Our mother knew that we would be killed if we stayed there and just took us and ran as fast as she could."

"You haven't experienced it yet but this society is a pretty fucked up place. No one helped our mother. No one except a demon named Douma."

"Our mother just wanted to see us safe so she went with him but somehow she saw him eating a person so she ran away with us."

"But Douma caught her and killed her but before she could die she threw both of us off a cliff and we somehow managed to get into that forest where we've been living."

Inosuke was now bawling his eyes out. I mean I can't blame him. He suddenly found out that Demons exist. Then he found out that his elder brother was a reincarnated being and that he had an asshole father and a loving mother who gave up her life to protect him.

"But don't you love me Nii san?" Inosuke asked while sobbing with his puffed up eyes.

"Of course I do you dummy. I didn't have anyone to call family in my last life and in this life you are the only one, so how can I be so heartless as to not love my own little brother."

Inosuke was now crying even more loudly and his sobs turned into wails.

Cereberus appeared behind Inosuke and he just jumped onto him and cried his heart out while burying his face into his fur.

I could've tried to stop Inosuke but sometimes it's better to let your emotions flow out instead of keeping them caged up.

Even I was crying a little.

After an hour or so ( I lost track of time) Both Inosuke and I stopped crying. I didn't want to cry so I don't seem like a weak brother but seeing Inosuke cry just makes me incredibly sad.

" So what are we supposed to do?"

" For what?"

" For killing that demon."

'Huh, I never thought that would be the thing he would stick to. It seems he still doesn't care about the reincarnation thing.'

' It seems like he doesn't care about these things. Well can't blame it on him it's his nature also growing up in the mountains and away from society gives him quite a different moral compass than "Normal" people.'

"Well don't worry for killing that guy we need to train a lot and become stronger because as much as we want to kill him he's one of the strongest entity on this planet."

"Also you don't need to be afraid of me despite that reincarnation thing I'm still your elder brother and would do my best to protect you. We're family and family sticks together."

Inosuke slowly relaxed his shoulders now had a fierce determination in his eyes.

' Guess Douma will have quite a horrible death. Even I can't wait to split his head apart and bash him into a wall again and again' I thought while a creepy smile got on my face.

"Okay then let's eat our food and after that there's something we have to do regarding Cereberus and Fenris"

' Let's see how great my system's potions are.'

Do you like Dogs and Wolves
  • 1) Of course I do, it's not like I'm heartless Votes: 10 50.0%
  • 2) I'm a Demon who has come to steal your dogs and cats. Mwahahaha Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 3) I'll go full on John wick mode on anyone that chooses option 2 Votes: 7 35.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Mar 26, 2021 01:16 PM.
52