Ch 22: Diabolo
1.3k 10 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Author: These are the basic meaning of the code words in this chapter.

Katon: Attack

Suiton: Dodge

Doton: Defense

Ration: Scout

Fuuton: Run]

[Author: Don't expect these to be used heavily in the chapter. I may forget about them but these were the best I could come up with.]

[PS: Yes they are the names of the elements in Naruto.]

"Everyone get ready!!" I shouted while me and Tanjiro got closer to the group.

At the same time I heard a large boom behind us. Whatever it was, it was strong and it would've crushed us if we hadn't moved in time.

I quickly took my stance and Tanjiro did the same. We were already expecting combat and this thing most likely was hunting those injured demons we saw before.

I turned back to look at the area we had been standing at and the ground there was cracked but the demon was nowhere to be found.

'It's smart it's probably using the forest as a cover not that it's huge body is providing it much.'

"Raiton." I said and everyone immediately became quiet.

I started to find the scent of the Demon but I couldn't pinpoint the demon's location.

'Fuck, if only I had a ranged weapon. Now that's one thing to introduce to the Demon slayer corps.' I thought while trying my best to concentrate on the fight in front of me.

Fenris and Cerberus had already surrounded Zenitsu and Haku while me,Tanjiro and Inosuke were surrounding them in an outer circle.

"East!" Haku shouted and we immediately changed our positions. The only one here who could survive combat with that thing would be me,Tanjiro and Inosuke.

Me due to my system. Inosuke due to me training him far better than in Canon and Tanjiro because he was trained by a former Hashira although he hasn't yet learned to use the "Hinokami No Kagura"

"Dragon Breathing: First Form

Speed of the Divine"

I activated my Breathing technique and got ready to engage the demon.

"Fufu, such little boys came here to feed me. Oh how unsightly it was to eat those weak humans but one of your Hashiras caught me and left me here with such a free buffet."

"Don't worry I'll make sure you all see each other being devoured alive. And those little pups, I remember them. They ran away from me before? Didn't they? This time I'll make sure to skewer them nice and slow." Came a voice from the treeline as a demon or devil came into our view.

It was a male demon ,easily above 7 feet tall with bulging muscles but his face was disgusting to look at. His eyes were completely red and his muscles were blue in color. It had a two sided battleaxe in it's hands.

"Oh! I didn't know that you demons fancy weapons now. I thought you would be like your bretheren, buck naked and screaming "BLOOD" but you truly suprise me. It'll be fun to cut you down like the other demons." I said trying to agitate it.

"Fufu~" The demon gave a chuckle that didn't match his body size but suddenly his eyes and muscles bulged out more and he looked enraged.

"Haha. You dare compare me Diabolo. One of the "Demon generals" to those pesky little shits. You've got guts boy I'll make sure to tear you off limb by limb." It said while glaring at me.

'Now what the fuck is this Demon General shit.' I thought while trying to figure out a plan.

During all this time me and the others were trying our best to analyse this demon and it's abilities.

'Hmm a battleaxe and it's huge size suggest that it must be great at close combat so that takes a taijutsu battle out of the equation not that any of us have the body strength and muscle strength to fight it hand to hand. It also limits our Kenjutsu and Breath style moves.'

I took out a rock secretly from my Inventory and threw it at the demon with full force. It noticed it too late but still managed to punch at the rock.

'Hmm it's reaction speed doesn't seem to be that high and I can see a little bruise at the area I attacked although it already started to heal. Most likely it depends on explosive strength and Instantenous speed to catch people off guard.'

I immediately took out more stones and piled them In front of us. Before the demon could even take down his arm and try to rush at us we already started to throw more rocks at it.

'Come on hit it, hit it.' I thought anxiously. Suddenly one rock from Zenitsu connected to the Demons left eye while one from Haku hit it at it's hand making it loosen it's grip on his axe for a moment.

"Katon!!" I immediately rushed forward with Inosuke and Tanjiro with me while Haku and Zenitsu were still throwing rocks at the Demon to provide cover.

" Wolf Breathing: First Form

Crimson Slash"

I immediately made an arc of blood in the air and managed to cut the demon's leg off making it lose it's balance.

At the same time Tanjiro and Inosuke managed to hurt the demon's arm a little which further lessened his control over his axe.

I saw the Demon's muscles change a little and he was most likely preparing for an attack.

"Suiton, Fuuton." I said calmly and we did a backflip to dodge the demon's axe and then immediately backed away towards the group.

The demon was now enraged, it's arm was already starting to heal but his regeneration speed seemed to be slow. Slower than I expected for someone of this level.

'So he's a heavy hitter but his regeneration, defense and speed are all shit compared to his attack power. Well this makes fighting him a lot easier but I still don't know if he has a trick up his sleeve. What about it's Blood Demon art. Why isn't he using it?' I thought but again we all picked up more stones and threw it towards the Diabolo.

"You pesky little shits!!" It started running towards us not caring about it's wierd posture because of the loss of it's arm and the stones hitting his body again and again scraping his skin off. I had already handed everyone a few throwing knives before so we were using them with the rocks interchangeably to try and get a hit on it's eyes while the rocks give it bruises.

"Fuuton"  I said and we all retreated at the fastest Speed possible while still maintaining the formation.

Cerberus and Fenris were already around the area trying to find a path towards a clearing and making sure some other demon doesn't attack us but somehow it looks like this big guy has scared away all the smaller demons so it doesn't look like any of them will try to get the jump on us otherwise they would've come here from the sounds this big guy was making in the night. 

'Seriously I am glad I didn't have someone like this as my neighbour in my previous life. Not that the ones I had were any better.'

Suddenly I heard some sounds from the treeline.

"Yes the sound is coming from here. Maybe we can get an easy kill and directly be promoted to a higher rank. Haha"

'Really? Kill stealers? Here right now? No wonder these guys dropped like flies in front of Muzan.'

Diabolo also heard those Mobs and turned towards them.

"Get away from here!!" Tanjiro shouted.

"Why? So you can take this kill all by yourself. My father was also a demon slayer . Watch and learn how I kill this thing and become the youngest Hashira in history." said Mob 1.

'This guy is already older than Muichiro and all of us.' I thought while thinking how I'll beat the shit out of this guy and every other demon slayer with the same mentality.

*Splat*

Diabolo appeared behind Mob 1 and now Mob 1 was covered in the blood of his partner who had his head squashed by Diabolo.

'Really? This is how aware these guys are of their abilities? No wonder Sanemi and Obanai behaved like bullies towards Tanjiro.' I suddenly had an urge to facepalm myself.

Zenitsu was too indecisive to do anything right now. Inosuke and Haku seemed unintrested in risking their life for these brats. But I still had to stop Diabolo because his regeneration speed would speed up after drinking their blood and the others were most likely not aware of this. These Mobs were walking health potions for the Demons.

I dashed forward with Tanjiro on my left and Inosuke on my right.

Diabolo was already moving his hand towards Mob 1 to hold him hostage but Zenitsu threw a rock and made his hand barely miss but Diabolo again tried the same thing.

'Oh no you don't.' I was already in front of Diabolo and quickly cut off his hand and then his leg which was now halfway healed. Inosuke managed to crosscut his other leg so it was barely hanging on to his torso by a piece of meat while Tanjiro managed to land several hits on his face and chest.

Diabolo fell down from the lack of limbs and I immediately cut off his head.

We all breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed a little.

"You little shits try that again and I'll not save any of you from your impending doom. Now fuck off!!" I said towards the group of Mobs as we all started to walk back to the others.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!" We all turned around and saw Diabolo rising up again but his head wasn't healing instead there was something coming out of it.

"Ahh shit, here we go again."

[Author: What happened to Diabolo? Will our dumb protagonist prevail? Find out in the next episode of Dragon ba--]

What did you guys think of the Final ch of Aot?
  • 1) Loved it Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 2) Hated it Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 3) Didn't like it that much but still loved the series as a whole Votes: 33 64.7%
Total voters: 51
39