Ch 24: The ‘Maiden Choker’
1.2k 13 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

It was 5 in the morning now. The sun had already started to rise. So I decided to wake everyone up.

Haku woke up at once as soon as I got close to him and so did Zenitsu.

I walked towards Inosuke who was sleeping while hugging Cerberus but as soon as I got close to him even he woke up.

'Fuck, why the hell does every single one of these guys have some sort of sixth sense. They're no fun.'

'It looks like Inosuke can sense battle intent now. Well maybe he could before but I forgot to ask? Whatever let's try to pull one on Tanjiro.'

I walked towards Tanjiro and surprisingly he didn't wake up.

I was about to go ahead and shout something in his ear to wake him up but I stopped when I looked at him again.

"N-nezuko. Mother..." He said mumbling in his sleep while making a teary face. I even saw some tears escape from his eyes.

Everyone else also heard it and we all got a little sad seeing Tanjiro like this. Maybe it's because of the battle yesterday. None of us showed fear at the moment but even thinking about what would've happened if we lost that battle makes me sick to my stomach.

Tanjiro also never mentions any kind of sad stuff in all the time we've been with him.

"Hey, Nii san why don't we just let him rest for a little while?" Inosuke asked concerned.

I moved towards my brother and patted his head.

"Sure. Hey Fenris, Cerberus Cloud Mode."

*Woof*

*Growl*

"Oi, bad Fenris. Just look at Cerberus, such a nice guy. He accepted at once." Fenris looked like he murmured something but still followed Cerberus and both of them laid down beside Tanjiro. 

Now, as someone who has experienced this for years I can assure you that Fenris and Cerberus have the most soft and Fluffy fur I've seen on any wolf. And that's saying something because I literally lived with a wolf pack.

Tanjiro seemed to have relaxed a little and we all smiled seeing him snuggling with the 2 wolves.

"Okay everyone let's make some breakfast."

*30 Minutes later*

Tanjiro woke up and saw us making breakfast. Well if you could call meat and some rice balls breakfast.

"Hey! Why did nobody wake me up?" Tanjiro asked.

"Oh! We didn't wanna disturb our baby angels sleep." Said everyone in unison.

Tanjiro's face got crimson and I saw some steam coming out of his head.

"Here baby angel,have some breakfast. We don't want your tummy to ache from hunger do we?" I said making Tanjiro turn into a literal tomato.

The red haired Tamato accepted the food and slowly began eating.

"Hey did any of you ever had girlfriends?" I asked trying to strike up a conversation and I got very wierd reactions.

Zenitsu and Haku almost spat out their food.

"What's a girlfriend?" Asked Tanjiro and Inosuke.

Zenitsu had blood trickling down from his nose while he was making creepy faces. Haku sat in a corner with a depressed look and was drawing circles on the floor with his fingers.

I explained to Inosuke and Tanjiro what a girlfriend is and managed to make them blush a little but when Zenitsu decided to say his input their faces got redder and redder.

"And then there's holding hands in public. Very lewd if I say so myself." Said Zenitsu with a sagely nod.

"Oi, don't corrupt my brothers. At least not this much."

'He thinks of me as a brother?' Tanjiro thought while he again felt like crying remembering his family.

"See you made him cry with your corruption."

*Boink*

I smacked the back of Zenitsu's head.

'But weren't you the one who started this?', thought Zenitsu.

"Haku, why do you look like you got betrayed or something?" Inosuke asked to the usually serious Haku.

"106" Haku mumbled.

"What?"

'Could he be talking about that legendary number!!!' My thoughts were cut short when Haku started talking.

"I got rejected 106 times by the girls I liked." Haku said his voice getting lower and lower the further he went into the sentence.

"That means you didn't get accepted a single time?" I said.

'Man this world must have high standards.' I thought.

 I mean Haku looked quite good. He had no scars on his face, red hair and Icy blue eyes. If it was my previous world his face would've belonged in front of a magazine.

"No I did get accepted once. It was the first time when I proposed to a girl."

'Huh?' this was getting even more confusing.

"I- I was so happy at the time that I immediately kissed her but I forgot that I practiced Breathing techniques while she was a normal girl. She- she fainted from the lack of air!!" Haku said getting louder with every word and almost shouting the last part.

"Pffft~" everyone laughed at the same time.

"Haha, what? You managed to make a girl faint on the first try. Truly a beast. The epitome of Masculinity." I said while laughing.

"After that every girl in the village started avoiding me. They said I choke girls and kidnap them. That's why I got 107 rejections and the title of 'MAIDEN CHOKER'." Haku said while making sad faces.

"Maiden choker. Hahahaha" Zenitsu and I were literally rolling on the ground while laughing.

"Oi! It's not my fault you know. I just didn't think that she would faint."

"Yes, truly not your fault." I said while wiping tears from my eyes.

Inosuke and Tanjiro were both red to the neck and I could see some steam coming out of their heads.

"Hey Inosuke."

"Ye-yes Nii san" Inosuke asked stuttering from embarassment.

"You remember when you asked where did all the older wolves go during the winter months?"

*Choke*

Inosuke choked on the riceballs he was eating and immediately drank water to swallow the food.

"No,no,nonononono." Inosuke's eyes widened. He felt like dying from embarassment.

"But you told me that they all went to ask for baby wolves and when I asked when I will be able to get pups for myself you said I'll have to get a female wolf as partner first!!!" Inosuke felt betrayal for the first time in his life.

' Well he never got too curious because Fenris and Cerberus took a lot longer than wolves to mature but it was still funny to see Inosuke getting rejected by other Female wolves. Fenris and Cerberus never mated with any other wolf and almost always stayed with us.'

"Well.... I'll teach you more later on. Just know that you'll require this knowledge."

'I don't know if there's a succubus type demon or not and these blood demon arts can be pretty fucking broken in some cases. It's better that he learns these things from me. Who am I kidding I just wanna pull his leg.' I thought while looking at Tanjiro who was almost ready to faint.

"You too Tanjiro even though you're older you also need to understand these things. You must know that there are various blood demon arts. It's better for you to know about such things then be killed after being seduced by a demon." I said to Tanjiro while giving him a sagely look.

"It's not like everyone of us can be as experienced as Mr. 'Maiden Choker' over here." I said which got Zenitsu to start laughing again.

"Ahh I wish that I could stay with you guys like this without having to worry about those Demons." I said to which everyone smiled.

'This must've been enough to take Tanjiro's mind off his family.' I thought and to my surprise Inosuke looked at Tanjiro and then nodded at me.

'Nii san really is the best.' Inosuke thought.

Then we all ate our food in the fresh morning air while talking and laughing.

41