Ch 27: Precision
1k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now it's your turn," I said as I threw the other bow at Haku.

Haku got into position and aimed the bow. His eyes turned Red and he pulled the bow back getting ready to fire.

"Breath Of Flames

First Form: Unknowing Fire" Haku said as he released the Arrow and I gotta say it was a sight to see.

His arrow flowed out from the flames making the metal look as if it just came out of the Forge while the arrow moved at incredible speed.

The arrow ended going halfway through the tree before stopping but what was most impressive was that there were scorch marks around the area where the arrow first made an impact. What was more impressive was that there literal flame ambers on top of the scorch marks.

Now for the Different Breath styles, I had various Theories on how they worked but this was something new.

For example, my Regeneration skills can be attributed to my body but my Skin Hardening seems more like a result of my Breath Style. 

Tanjiro on the other hand shows a better example. When he used his water style the air around us thinned a little so that means he was pulling the moisture from the air to complete his sword moves. The water didn't completely materialize as it seemingly vanished into nothing after the technique was finished but there were some droplets of water that hit my fave after the technique was finished.

Maybe all the elements forming could be attributed to proficiency in said elemental Breath style. Like the Gusts of Wind Inosuke makes.

This was a very interesting development indeed. 

I moved towards the tree and took out the Metalhead of the arrow. It was scorching hot, to say the least, but my skin was thicc so it just felt a little warm.

"Well..... It's a bullseye. Well done Haku."

I walked back and took the Bows to store them in my Inventory.

"Now I want you both to brush up on your Archery Skills. Remember that we'll most likely have to work together in the future against different Demons. For what we know they could've completely broken abilities so at least knowing each other's strengths and weaknesses would help also it would give versatility to our teams. At this point, we're sure to pass the Final Selection but I wanna continue to work with both of you. If that's okay with you both?" I asked

"Sure." Was Haku's reply while Zenitsu jumped on me while shouting 'My Saviour' again and again.

"What happened?" Came Tanjiro's voice as he stepped out from the bushes revealing Inosuke to be walking beside him.

"Nothing. I was just asking Haku and Zenitsu if they would like to work with me and Inosuke in the future. You know the whole know your allies thing. Now that you're here I also wanna ask you Tanjiro if you would like to work with all of us in the future? I mean it would help to work against Demons in Teams, especially if all of us are versatile in different Breath Styles and Combat styles. So whatcha think?" I asked while everyone looked at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro seemed to be hesitating a bit. He was looking at the ground while scrunching his eyebrows together as if trying to understand how a Math problem suddenly became so Complex.

'Probably worried about Nezuko. The guy's a good brother through and through, huh. Don't want anyone of us to harm her or judge him for that matter.' I thought while thinking about what to do.

"You know what you can hang on to that question. I want you to think this through and give us an answer when you want. We're still young right?" I said while trying to lessen the tension in the mood.

I wasn't sure how Haku so easily accepted my offer but I wanted Tanjiro to think this through, I didn't want him to give in to it due to peer pressure. As far as I knew that was a bad start to a Team and I for one didn't want this Team to turn into a Dumpster fire because of personal reasons.

Tanjiro needed to be sure that his sister would be accepted here and I understood him there so for now I'll just wait for an answer.

When Tanjiro heard my words he just said a barely audible 'Thank You' with his head down.

I instantly dashed forward and Chopped him on the head.

"What do you think you're doing with all this formality. You don't need to thank me for everything ya know. It's your decision I understand that you wanna think this through. You don't have to act so stiff around me. Look at this you're supposed to be the older one here and I'm reprimanding you." I said while patting Tanjiro's head.

'I honestly feel worse that I chopped him on the head than him not accepting my proposal.' I thought while Tanjiro looked up at me and gave another one of his sunshine smiles.

"Now let's finish this fucking test I wanna get something for Inosuke and for all of you to eat other than meat," I said while we all began to walk back towards our camp nobody noticing the small smile on Haku's lips.

*Night*

"Ok everyone let's roll," I said as we all began to dash through the forest.

We wanted to be out of here before midnight or at least cover most of the ground before that because all hell breaks lose for Demons at midnight at least that's what I've gathered from my experiences so far.

I already had some of my blood in a single flask. Enough to heal some injured but not so over the top that it'll hinder my combat ability by the pain I'll feel.

*2 Hours later* 

It's almost midnight and we're running full speed through the forest. We're not even going through the trees anymore, I just slice through them with my blade before it becomes a deterrent.

Fenris and Cerberus are moving a little further away from us as to not get caught up between all of us humans dashing wildly through the forest.

*SCREAM*

Suddenly screams erupted throughout the forest at the same time.

"Well let's raze some hell!"

Favorite Death Note character
  • 1) L Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 2) Light Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3) Ryuk.....Hmm.... Votes: 7 50.0%
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on May 27, 2021 08:15 PM.
29