Ch 60: Burial
338 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Okay, let me go now. I've got an organ or two missing and I need to regrow them." I said while taking a sharp breath of air as Ryuichi immediately stopped hugging me and looked at me with worry.

"Don't worry it's just some flesh. I'm not stupid enough to try replacing organs." I said with a chuckle and my sides immediately hurt.

'Should probably keep that humor in check.' I thought as I sat down with the cave walls to my back and the wolf pelt stopped my uniform from coming in contact with said wall.

One of the few things that irritated me to no end was that I didn't know what could truly kill me. I wasn't foolish enough to risk having my brain destroyed in any fight but still, it would've been better knowing. Tsukuyomi had totally refused to tell me.

"You shouldn't be foolish enough to get killed if you have enough skills." Were his words and Wukong had straight-up laughed in the background so he probably took this as a joke.

"Hey, Ryuichi you want to bury your parents right?" I asked and he gave me a shaky nod.

I couldn't take them outside to bury them since that would be too tough of a task as I would just not be able to ignore the other dozens of corpses that were probably as human as them at some point. But still, I would try my best.

" Then wait for a few minutes," I said and closed my eyes to concentrate as Fenris laid his head on my legs.

*15 Minutes later*

"Okay, we're gonna collect all the corpses first and make a mass burial site for them alright?" I said and Ryuichi gave a shaky nod.

'This is going to be a pain in the ass.' I thought as I looked at all the corpses. Except for Ryuichi's parents, I ended up taking a limb or some other body part from all the other corpses. Since most of them were shriveled up my storage could barely accommodate all of them.

"Hey, Ryuichi get that one too," I said and Fenris guided him through the cave so he doesn't end up lost in the darkness. My skill could hardly be used as a cost effective torch at the moment and we were burying the corpses so I couldn't just light them on fire.

*Drip*

*Slash*

"Ahhhhh." I heard Ryuichi's scream and without comprehension, my Hiraishin Kunai was already out of my wrist and lodged into the attacker's head.

I didn't wait and grabbed Ryuichi and started to retreat to the cave's entrance with Fenris following behind with my Kunai lodged between his fangs. The attacker was a human and the only thing that betrayed him was most likely a drop of its own sweat, something that was most likely impossible to master.

As I looked back the whole cave was lit up with eyes. The owners of those eyes were coming towards us at incredible speed.

"Ryuichi grab on fast okay," I said and without waiting for a reply simply threw him out of the cave's entrance into the night sky.

"Fenris Hop," I shouted to Fenris and turned around just below the entrance, and got on my knees. He gave a disapproving growl but still jumped out nonetheless.

"Hippity Hoppity get off this property." I crushed and grabbed a couple of stones from the wall to my right and threw them at the attackers with full force.

*Strike*

Due to the close proximity and extreme force the stones went through the skulls and limbs of the closest attackers.

In the background, I could just hear a Monke screaming in happiness and a grunt from a clean freak.

"Hope to never see you again," I said and jumped out of the cave into the cool night air.

"Dragon Breathing: Wraith Steps" I instantly perform a Breath Form to close the cave's entrance and thankfully Fenris turned into quite a lot large and helped stomp the caved entrance.

*5 Minutes later*

"Phew." After god knows how much time we had crushed the ground so much that the surrounding 3 meters looked like s crater.

"Well, that's one way to bury them," I said while looking at the caved entrance.

"Hey, Ryuichi you okay?" I asked and turned around.

" Mr. I don't feel so good." He said with a low voice and almost fell on the ground but I caught him at the last second and noticed a thin scratch on his leg from a dagger that was pulsing gray.

'Fuck I feel weird about doing this.' I thought but instead of wasting more time summoned a blood bottle from my Inventory.

"Here drink this." I helped him take a single gulp and immediately threw up more blood myself.

[*Ding*

Host has been infected by Dragon Rot.

Effects:

1) All stats halved for the duration host doesn't use breath styles.

2) HP halved immediately upon being infected with instantaneous damage being felt by the host.

Time till Healed: 4 Hours.]

'Holy shit' I thought as I threw up another mouthful of blood.

These effects were from something I didn't even know existed and if I was infected in the middle of the fight I wouldn't have made it out in the first place. All of that from a simple wound on Ryuichi's leg.

I certainly had to be more extremely careful with my blood bottles now. This was just pure insane.

"Hey, you okay?" A voice came from the forest grove and to my surprise, it was someone from the cleanup crew.

His question was answered by me throwing up another mouthful of blood.

"Well let's see what I can do for ya." He came close to me and noticed Ryuichi and Fenris and decided to back off just a bit.

"W.. won't...har..m," I said in a hoarse voice and he carefully stepped nearer and started to clean my wounds and noticed the wounds themselves healing in front of his eyes.

"You're one of those huh?" He asked as he cleaned the blood on my chest with a cotton ball and hopefully some disinfectant.

"One of what?" I asked and he just shook his head.

" Nothing. Now calm down and let me patch you up." He said and tried but failed to wipe gently at a blood clot on my stomach that was sticking persistently to my muscles.

"What's that,"  I asked as I noticed a wrapper of some kind tied to his neck with a thin string holding something in the shape of a pill. He took a look at Ryuichi for a moment and then continue cleaning my wounds.

"Nothing. So what rank did you kill? Two of those Demons or something?" He asked and I noticed how his eyes looked around warily at the forest for a moment but then relaxed again.

"Dozens," I said and hissed as his hand slid on my stomach and took off two blood clots at once.

"Hey!" I said with a bonk on his head.

"Hey, you! Idiot, do you even know the threshold for becoming a Hashira? Even they haven't killed that many." He somehow managed to refrain from cursed words.

"They were all mostly of the same type in a manner. All of them undead. No blood Demon Arts though. I have parts of their corpses here." I said and he shuddered as I took out a leg and a hand from a seemingly empty pocket.

"See, different bodies. Now be a dear and deliver a couple of these to the Insect Hashira please." I threw a couple of the body parts at him and instructed him on how to store them.

"Feathers fly, your ass dies!" Horus shouted from the air and landed on my right shoulder.

"How many Demons has this man killed?" Surprisingly the Cleanup crew guy was persistent and even more surprisingly the question was directed at Horus who hopped off my shoulder and wrote 15 on the dirt.

"Hmm, that's believable. Where exactly did you fight the dozens of demons?" He asked and I pointed at the caved-in entrance.

It was then he noticed the surrounding area reminded him of a crater.

"Too many so I caved them in," I replied and he gave the most minute nod.

"Okay, I'm all patched up now. Let's go." I said and gathered all my things ready to travel with Ryuichi coming with me.

"Hey! The kids coming with you?" He asked as I almost exited the grove.

"Yup. Can't leave my student here can I?" I said while ruffling Ryuichi's hair.

"But only Hashira and retired members of the Corps are allowed to teach new Slayers." He shouted behind me.

I picked Ryuichi in one hand and rushed off into the Night towards the Final city on my map.

____________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sorry felt like writing a bigger chapter that's why it's a little late.

Ch 68 is out on Patreon. Support me there.

Patreon.com/Ashara

12