Ch 61: Meeting up
358 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Night time*

*Asura's POV*

"Uh, how does your org...orgaa.." Ryuichi tried remembering with a scrunched-up face.

"Organization?" I supplied.

"Yeah! how does it work?" Ryuichi asked as he sat on top of a 2 meter tall Fenris. Probably should ask Fenris to go normal size since we would be reaching the city soon.

"Can't really tell ya. I've only been a part of it for less than a month." I said with a shrug. It was true, I know a lot due to the show but the inner workings of the Demon Slayer Corps were never focused on not to mention the changes it would probably have here.

"How many of you are there? Does everyone get cool swords? And a puppy? " Ryuichi asked rapidly. Horus seemed offended and flew off into the sky.

" Don't know, you have to earn your sword and no everyone doesn't get a puppy but a crow instead," I replied calmly, still tired from all the traveling. I hadn't stayed in a place for more than a couple of days since I got my first mission. It was expected of course but that didn't make the mental exhaustion go away.

"So why did you get a chicken?" Ryuichi asked innocently.

" Fuck you too little monkey," Horus shouted from the sky.

" Now now let's stay civilized," I said and stopped Horus from riling Ryuichi up.

It wasn't like I didn't want them to fight. Hell, that was the best source of entertainment I had on this road. That and Fenris's fur.

I stopped them because Ryuichi wasn't the one that paid Horus. I didn't want to pay the school fees for every little bundle of feather on the continent. 'Best for the children' Horus said but the bastard was extorting me so much that a loan shark would've shed tears. But hell would freeze over before I got any sympathy from my partner.

"Hey, Fenris get to normal size now. We don't want every horse in the vicinity to run for the hills seeing you." I said and Ryuichi wanted to argue but didn't. He simply got off of Fenris and started to walk with his head down.

'He really does have a talent for this.' I thought as Ryuichi gave a yelp as I picked him up and he grabbed onto my back. I didn't want to go easy on him but the situation was in some twisted way felt like my own fault.

Both of us didn't have any slippers or shoes. Mine were too worn out and he didn't have any in the first place. I tried to buy them of course but every trader was the greediest person you could imagine. I wasn't gonna pay half of my savings to wear slippers he made from the grass in his backyard.

I wasn't expecting fucking premium brand shoes but at least have some decency in extortion. I had expected that since I didn't need any shoes or slippers while living in the mountains for years that the cities would pose no new challenge. And here I was with a fucking smoke pipe poking into my feet every ten steps.

Seriously with the amount of shit thrown around you would expect half the country to be high into heavens.

As I was contemplating how existence itself was a pain I saw Horus and another crow falling from the sky right in front of me.

"*Caw Caw Caw*" The crow seemed to be shouting and though I couldn't understand him I kinda knew he was shouting some profanities at Horus.

"Those are premium quality talons you fucking raven knock off!" Horus screeched and they both turned into a jigsaw puzzle of feathers and talons.

"I said that I wasn't going over the flight limit then that means I wasn't." Horus tried to peck the crow.

I suddenly recognized the crow. It was Tanjiro's evident by the little flower garland on its head.

'What was its name again? Matsumo or something? Why can't Tanjiro give it a speakable name.'

"Hey, you're Tanjiro's crow Matsuemon right? " I asked and I got my reply in a furious snap of beaks.

"He's saying he goes by the full name given to it by his master. Matsuemon Tennouji. Anything less is an insult and yes he's the crow for the best master on the planet." Horus translated for me.

Wow, now I was getting shown up by crows. Truly living the dream life.

"Can you take me to your master?" I asked and was answered with a nod.

*30 Minutes later*

"It smells like Demon in here."

"Eeek!" A startled Tanjiro almost drew his sword but calmed down after seeing that it was me. Nezuko came up behind him and tried to pat him on the back.

"Hmmpf, Hmppf." She patted Tanjiro who took deep breaths to calm down and then smiled.

"Yo! I see your scar got bigger huh?" I said and pointed at his forehead. The scar that previously looked like a ragged piece of cloth now seemed shaped like a flame.

"Yeah everyone seems to notice it now. Hello there!" Tanjiro replied as Ryuichi peeked his head from beneath my wolf pelt to look at what was going around him.

"Tanjiro and Nezuko that's Ryuichi. Ryuichi that's Tanjiro and Nezuko." I introduced them as Ryuichi climbed down from my back and greeted them.

"Hello." He said meekly and Nezuko patted him on the head while Tanjiro just smiled in affirmation and then thanked Matsuemon Tennouji for getting me to him.

Guess Patting people on the head is the Universal way of showing affection.

"I was just thinking of spending the night in the city to rest. There were reports of Demons in the area but I don't think they'll be present in such a populated place." Tanjiro said as his crow flew away.

Guess there's a first time for everything, huh.

"Let's not take that out of the equation just yet. I'm also here because of a report about Demons in the area." I lied. There were no reports but this was the last place marked on the map.

"Well if you say so then it can be possible. Let's eat something first." Tanjiro said as he caught Nezuko's hand and I held onto Ryuichi and started moving. Horus was flying in the air and Fenris was beside me.

Then as I was looking at some clothes the idea worthy of a God drop-kicked me as I stopped moving. This was gonna cost me a lot but goddammit did I need some relief.

"Tanjiro I need you to do something for me."

____________

Author's Note: Ch 69 (Laughs like a child) is out on Patreon. Consider supporting me there.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Drop comments and reviews if you want to. Love to hear from you guys.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night.

10