Ch 64: Run
300 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

As I looked around one after the other red eyes appeared from the dark alleyways. As the eyes burnt and the bodies took shape I could see there was no intelligence on those faces.

Some had their limbs missing while some had a part of their already rotting leather Armor fall off as they slowly crawled towards the street.

The only thing that even indicated their existence was the horrible smell from their bodies and the sound their bodies and Armor made.

"Fuck. Everyone get out of here!" I shouted as Tanjiro too noticed the slowly crawling threat and started to panic.

My shout only attracted the closest people to us who just gave me a curious glance, took notice of my attire, and left after a cold shrug or a frown. No one noticed the slowly moving threat, the place was too loud.

"Tanjiro whatever happens do not kill any of the Demons," I said quickly.

" Okay." Tanjiro nodded.

If we killed anyone here and someone noticed which of course they will, we will become criminals.

Oh, we're actually the good guys killing the demons! 

No one notices that when you're beheading humanoid creatures faster than people can blink.

As I put my hands on the sheaths of my swords thinking of ways to pacify the situation one of the creatures suddenly made a lunge and grabbed onto a man in an overcoat and before the man could even scream he had his throat bit off.

The only sounds that came out of that were the gurgling of the man as he tried but failed to catch another breath. In less than a moment, I was above the creature and slammed the back of my blade onto its head.

It didn't even budge and instead slowly turned its head towards me.

"Grr....?" He growled with a piece of the man's windpipe hanging from his mouth.

I raised my left leg and gave a hard kick to the creature's head as its mouth moved forward.

'Fuck he'll go even farther into the crowd.' I thought as I immediately turned, ran towards the wall directly opposite to me as fast as I could, and ran upon it, and as I began to fall I gathered strength in my right leg and did a backflip landing it directly on the creature's head as finally, it's eyes closed.

"Grrrrrr."

"Khhhhh......"

"Rewr?"

As I looked back at the other creatures appearing one after the other making unintelligible sounds with their mouths other people around us had finally begun to notice.

"Kyaahhh!" A woman who appeared to be in her twenties immediately screamed upon seeing the man missing a throat and fainted on the spot.

"Oh for fucks sake at least die in a ditch somewhere else! Goddamit." I cursed. 

There was no way this was going to work. I looked back and saw Tanjiro doing better than I expected already making short work of two of the creatures by punching one in the throat stunning him and headbutting another which fainted. I think I actually saw some blood from the creature's head. He then grabbed the stunned creature and tripped it and jerked back its hand hard and the creature looked seemed to have fainted.

Despite his impressive performance both of us were not going to be enough for this. There were around a dozen or more of the creatures and the street was only wide enough for 8 people to walk shoulder by shoulder but it was emptying rather quickly from the mob that was running for their lives in either direction.

But if even one of the creatures made it into the mob it would be game over and the area wasn't wide enough for me to perform any of the wide-ranged arts I knew, transformation was out of the equation since I was sure that Muzan had at least a couple of his lackeys watching.

I noticed the creatures recoil slightly from the light emitted from an oil lamp hanging on the corner and immediately ran to grab it.

I dodged a swipe from one of the creatures and grabbed the oil lamp from its handle.

I swung it around a little in front of one of the alleys the creatures were coming out of and confirming the creatures really were scared of the flames I threw it directly into the alley.

[Eye of Hermes: Activated]

"Boom boom bitches." I took out one of the Hiraishin Kunai and threw it directly at the light emitted by the lamp in the dark as I could hear cries of help from around me.

The oil lamp exploded into glass shards as tiny wisps of flames landed all around the alley and some even landed on me burning my skin. But the creatures were certainly a lot worse seemingly afraid of the fire like it was their bane they all panicked and either covered their eyes.

I immediately took the opportunity to run up to close in on one of the creatures and kicked him on his chest directly knocking him back into the alleyway. 

As I punched or pushed a few others of its companions into the darkness I dashed back to the middle of the alleyway and stood back to back with Tanjiro.

"Didn't know you were that much of a brawler Tanjiro," I said as I took a few deep breaths and looked at the creatures rubbing their eyes.

"Master taught me to subdue." Came his reply, I knew exactly why Urokodaki had taught him the fighting style.

"So any ideas?" I asked.

"None that would work without our blades." He replied. The creatures were slowly moving forwards now. Cautious but steady in their pace towards flesh.

'Fuck it I'll just behead them. Maybe Urokodaki can make a wolf mask.' I was contemplating taking out my sword but suddenly another smell entered my senses and suddenly I felt light-headed.

I looked around to find the source of the scent and found my answer in a woman wearing a beautiful purple kimono and another boy by her side in white robes. 

____________

Author's Note: Read ahead while supporting me on Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and gets a good amount of sleep.

8