Ch 66: Well there’s your reason
266 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"So we're really taking them back?" Yushiro asked Tamayo as they walked through the dead silent streets at a steady pace.

"You know we can hear you right?" I asked as Horus flew off from my shoulder back into the sky.

"Yes I do and I honestly don't care," Yushiro replied.

"Be quiet Yushiro. Be mindful of the presence of another." Tamayo said with a stern tone.

"Yes, Tamayo sama." Yushiro immediately straightened his posture and replied. 

"Thanks for helping us back there," I said as we all went through what seemed like the thousandth street.

After a while, we finally reached a dead end with no house near it.

"We're here," Tamayo said and stepped through the wall, and disappeared.

Yushiro gave a hard look at all of us and followed her.

"Inu.. who are these people." I looked down at Ryuichi.

Well, that was a nice nickname if not a cute one.

" They're good people, they helped me and Tanjiro get away from a bad guy. Be good to them, okay?" I said and Ryuichi nodded as I rubbed his mop of brown hair.

He held my hand as we both walked into the wall and came out on the other side facing a huge mansion.

"Wow." Ryuichi had stars in his eyes and I let out a low whistle.

"That's some hot stuff," I said, the mansion was huge in crude terms, the show didn't do it justice.

Imagine a millionaire's house that was the lawn, shit looked like a poster in a movie.

"Are you gonna stand there or enter?" Yushiro said, being the gentleman he was holding the door open for us.

As we settled into the room Tamayo and Yushiro sat opposite to us as we looked around.

Ryuichi sat stiffly by my side, probably nervous. Probably have to work on that, Inosuke had been the total opposite in my opinion.

"You have a very nice home, Miss Tamayo," I said trying to start a conversation since no one else in the room looked ready for it.

What can I say, I was either a bit rude or confident. Most likely the previous one.

"Thank you. The house was a gift from my Master Dogen." She said in a soft voice.

I wanted to say something about the fact that this wasn't a House but a palace before I caught the last part of her sentence.

" Dogen? I think I've heard about him. Gramps said something about him being the best doctor in the legends till the present day." I said and Tamayo smiled.

" Yes, he was my Master but he would likely never have accepted that praise." She said offering tea as I accepted.

Gramps really liked this Dogen guy, at least from what he told me and Inosuke.

'Doctor Dogen giveth and Doctor Dogen taketh away.' Gramps had told once and I had done my best to not laugh not like that had stopped Inosuke from bursting into gut-clenching laughter.

I looked at my side and noticed Ryuichi eyeing the tea in his hands and then looking at me.

'He doesn't know how to drink it?' I thought and carefully put my cup back on the table.

"Here, put the other hand beneath the cup and hold it from the side, yeah just like that. Now drink." I instructed before picking up my own cup.

Ryuichi only made the slightest sound as he drank a quarter of the cup in one gulp and then started coughing.

"Whoa there, we have time take it easy," I said as Tanjiro and Tamayo laughed softly.

The little guy was embarrassed but hey I was trying my best, not like I had attended 5 hour tea ceremonies unless jumping into a river from an insane height with your twin counted as a tea ceremony, then I had done it twice.

"Are you a demon too?" Tanjiro asked and the room tensed.

"Yes, yes I am," Tamayo replied after a moment of silence.

"My...my sister is one too and I've been looking for a way to help her," Tanjiro said with hope in his eyes.

"Help her how?" Tamayo asked plainly.

"I hope I'm not asking too much but can you cute her.... make her human again," Tanjiro asked and I tried to make myself scarce by rubbing Fenris's head.

"No, I cannot. At least not yet and I've no reason to help you too." Tamayo said but going by the slight hitch in her shoulders and avoiding eye contact she was reluctant at best. 

Probably Tanjiro wearing Yorichi's earrings was the reason, and this was a reminder that I needed to find stuff about that dude as fast as I could.

Tanjiro's earrings and the metal in my own swords was the only thing I had of the man and since he gave PTSD to the Muzan in this timeline too that meant he was still the strongest. So it was either waiting for Tanjiro to have flashbacks from a dead spirit or doing stuff on my own.

The sources of information will however be a bitch, I knew since I was sitting in front of one.

"I also have a request," I said doubling down.

"As I said, I have no reason to help you both with your requests." My rejection came to my face without even hearing my request, well I was pretty sure I'll get my stuff done.

*Bamf*

And suddenly the wall of the room was missing and moonlight peeked in.

" Well, there's your reason."

__________

Author's Note: Read 8 chapters ahead on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night

8