Ch 67: Catch
263 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3rd Person POV*

"Well, there's your reason," Asura said as he got up, leisurely.

The Temari or Football whatever it was had passed just two feet away from his head but he didn't seem disturbed, unlike the others who clearly hadn't been expecting someone to blast down the walls of the mansion.

His hands reached on to both his swords, he'll be needing both if the sound of the rapidly splintering wood coming closer by the second was any indication.

*Splack*

Another Temari shot straight at him from the floor and in a flash, both his swords were out of their sheaths and intercepting the Temari but just before impact ignoring all laws of physics the Temari moved away from its trajectory completely and moved towards Tamayo.

It didn't reach far though as with a strong swing the Temari was embedded deep into the floor again.

'That was pure instincts, they can't see us.' He thought the smoke and dust in the air made sure anyone would not be able to see through it.

He was a bit happy that Muzan had sent the same servants as canon, he didn't remember their names but he knew their tricks which was what he needed anyway.

Tanjiro came to himself and as another Temari burst through the attic his sword met it and the Temari lost all its momentum in an instant but it also resulted in an audible crack being hard from Tanjiro's hand, who was doing his best to not scream.

As suddenly as they had come, the Temari retreated out of the mansion, the Demons were probably waiting for the dust to settle so they could have a better shot at their heads.

"Drink this." Asura handed a bottle of Crimson to Tanjiro who accepted it guiltily, he had found out the trick of the technique after much thought and he wished he hadn't.

The effects were instantaneous though as his arms felt better than ever and the pain vanished.

No one noticed the shock on lady Tamayo's face at that moment and for a moment even the disgust.

Asura didn't say anything but instead reached his hands toward Yushiro.

"Give me one of your talisman." He said casually and it took a moment to register before Yushiro offered two.

He still took only one.

"The other one will need it too," Yushiro said and Asura shook his head.

"It's for him." He provided no explanation and slapped the Talisman onto Tanjiro's forehead, which was probably as strong as Metal.

The dust had begun to settle and all the people exited the mansion through the door even though there was a suitable hole in the wall.

"You splattered dust on my Kimono." The male one said with his eyes closed.

"Hahaha, what fun this is. Say how do you think we should kill them?" The owner of the Temari laughed as she held two in her hands.

"A clean death is too much for traitorous filth, blast their chests open and make them drown in their own blood." The other said as two eyes appeared on his hand.

It was only then they noticed that the owners of the mansion had actually come out of it and they couldn't help them to their smirks.

Master had only asked for the Demon Slayer with the Hanafuda earrings and the doctor lady, which meant they could eat the other two, there was even a younger boy oh this was gonna be fun.

*Yawn*

Asura didn't share their excitement and let out a yawn, he was gonna win from these bastards, their cruelty just makes his job a bit easier.

"Hey Tanjiro take the guy, he throws huge red arrows that carry your body in any direction." That was a crude explanation but Tanjiro would learn soon enough.

He wanted to fight the Temari Demon since Tanjiro would be better at fighting the other guy anyway with Water Breathing.

Asura had felt quite unsure on how to Train his blindspot and this was as good an opportunity as he was going to get.

"I will take the barbarian Susamaru." The eye guy said smelling something fishy.

"Nope, you take the stuck-up guy. Master would reward the one who killed him anyway." Susamaru replied as another pair of arms burst forth from her back.

On that point, her partner did not argue and simply got ready for a fight.

Four Temari launched themselves at the Slayers, all at impossible angles and constantly changing direction.

Asura stepped forward, and in a flash, all four of the Temari were going in completely different directions before being forcibly stopped by the Blood Demon Art.

'Good, I won't need to Transform.' Asura thought, quite happy. The time limit for it was going down but he did not enjoy being unconscious every time after using it.

Bringing along dirt the Temari shot at him again and now he was in a stance, the Demon could only command as many of her Temari as she had hands meaning no danger of being attacked from behind.

*Woosh*

This time they were faster than before and were aiming for all four of his limbs.

*Tap, tap, tap, tap*

With four pokes the Temari were again on the ground, was he going to be disappointed?

"At least try to kill us both." Susamaru laughed maniacally as the Temari reached her hands again and she prepared for another throw.

Asura instead of replying held up two fingers in a peace sign.

*Splash*

A sound came from her left and her head turned to find her partner missing both of his hands.

"Yahaba!" She called out and the now named Yahaba finally noticed his hands or the lack of them.

*Crack*

Tanjiro gave a hard smack of his forehead and suddenly her partner was bleeding from his head, profusely.

"Catch." 

*Splat*

Her attempt at cracking the Water Breather resulted in a Kunai jabbed into her hand which gave enough time for Yahaba to be kicked to a fair distance away.

Her back stretched as another pair of arms appeared bringing along more Temari, she would have to rely on her own strength.

Her muscles bulged and at once all 6 of the Temari shot off with a Boom.

"Well, this will be a bitch." Asura said and rushed off, this was going to be one hell of a Dodgeball game.

*Slash*

In a flurry of well-placed slashes, 5 Temari were thrown off from their original targets and lodged into the ground as a single approached his left foot.

"Wraith Steps." His muscles bulged and with a boom, the Temari flew by Susamaru's head.

*Drip*

She brought her hand to the right side of her face and found a lump of flesh, looking more closely it was her ear that was lodged off.

"Shit, I missed." Asura cursed, he should've played more football in his previous life or something but meh this was fun.

His own foot was bleeding but in seconds the bones were replaced and by the time Susamaru looked up at him shaking he was a foot away from her face and her instincts kicked in.

*Bam* 

Suddenly all six of her hands rushed out to punch him into pieces as Asura held onto his blades.

"You know I've two Breath styles right?

  Wolf Breathing: Crimson slash"

In a crimson arc, three of her arms were chopped off and landed on the ground with a sick thunk.

*Crack*

Asura lodged the back of Igris's hilt into her face cracking bones, not noticing a punch to his chin from her now healed arm that threw him back.

Susamaru allowed herself a grin, as long as she could maintain distance from the Slayer she could win this fight, he couldn't possibly heal from the punch, she had gotten a few ribs at least.

Her smile faded as she felt a steam of hot air besides her face. 

___________

Author's note: Ch 75 is out on my Patreon if you wish to read it there while supporting me.

Patreon.com/Ashara

There's another link down below.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night.

7