Ch 68: Nails
260 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Now, did you forget about my partner?" I said with a smile as my bones rearranged themselves.

Susamaru on the other hand looked pale, which was an achievement because most of her body was covered by her own blood.

Her face slowly moved to her side and she saw Fenris in all his 5-meter tall glory breathing down her neck.

"What? Surprised?" I asked cracking my knuckles.

"You...how do you heal." She croaked out when she figured Fenris wasn't going to make a chew toy out of her. At least not yet.

"What, your baby boy master is asking?" I said derisively. 

It wasn't like I was an interrogator so most likely I wasn't gonna get any information out of her.

Susamaru didn't answer but instead slowly tried to look around for her partner, she instead saw him decapitated and Tanjiro offering a prayer in his name.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

"I... I...." She tried to speak but was choking on her own voice.

'Sorry.' She wasn't gonna hear it from my mouth because Muzan was gonna hear probably but I didn't wanna do this to her. Better get on with it.

"*Sigh* well I guess that's it," I said sheathing Vriska and holding onto Igris with both hands.

"Wai..wait." she was crying now but it was probably better that she didn't speak Muzan's name.

'It'll be over quick.' 

"Fenris."

Fenris snapped his jaws and she pushed herself forward to not get bitten into two.

"Wolf Breathing: Crimson Slash." In a bloody flash, her head was separated from her body.

"Te...tema..."

"Here." I handed her one of her Temari as she started to fade.

It could've been avoided. She probably was just beginning to remember her past as she was dying. She wasn't going to have enough time to even sort her thoughts out.

That's how fucked up, Muzan made his creations. 

I decided not to take a sample from her body or from the other Guy's. I probably had enough of them anyway.

It was so much easier to do this when the opponent was rabid and shouting curses or trying to kill you or doing anything other than crying because they finally remembered who they were. Just like me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at Tanjiro.

'Don't do it.' 

"It's okay." He said, voice as gentle as ever.

"Magnificent bastard," I said hugging him. 

How the fuck did I never cry when I felt pain and death myself or at my first kill. Just taking the time to think about the person I had just killed was making my eyes burn now.

"It was not your fault," Tanjiro said patting my back even though I was taller than him.

Maybe it wasn't my fault. But there was this itch that wouldn't go away. I hadn't felt like this when I killed that Monk Demon, or that Diabolo guy, or the dozens of depraved people in that cave.

It took me a minute to calm down and regain my breathing. Now wasn't the time or neither was this the place for me to get emotional.

"Will you take a request from me?" I said and my voice was almost pleading, this was one of the few things I just wouldn't be able to do despite how much I try. I would have to rely on others.

"Yes." Tamayo nodded and I thanked her.

There was hope, maybe not enough to be sure of its worth but enough for me to believe in it.

"First we need to heal your wounds and then we're going to have a long talk." She added and I noticed Tanjiro's breathing was rapid and he was clutching his stomach. 

My own bones were taking back their places with audible snaps but I was a bit numbed out at this point.

We went back into the shattered house and Yushiro did his best to light up as many of the candles as he could.

We found a room that still had most of its surface intact, except the 2 feet wide hole on the doorway that was allowing fresh and cold air to pass through and sat down.

"You okay Ryuichi?" I asked lifting him up and down. Tanjiro was doing the same for Nezuko which reminded me that she didn't turn the fight into a football match. At least she didn't have to regrow a leg.

Ryuichi was fine except for the wood shrapnel stuck in his hair which I shrugged off.

"Both of them are unhurt. You two on the other hand." Tamayo said and I was almost flustered by my creaking bones. Damm it why was it taking so long.

"Yushiro can you get me the medical kit. Take off your shirts, I need to check how many bones you've broken." Tamayo said and Tanjiro looked at me.

I just shrugged in answer. I was patched up anyway and it'll be better for my mental health if Tanjiro didn't need my blood to heal.

Both of us were the total opposite. I was covered in blood and broken bones that had snapped out and looked horrible while Tanjiro was squeaky clean but had 2 ribs broken and a deep gash in his stomach from being bashed into a tree and a bit of head trauma to go with it.

"Get to Tanjiro first, he'll need it. Give me a clean cloth to wipe the blood off." I said but Tamayo insisted on Yushiro cleaning the blood off so I didn't get blood festering or something. 

*Screech*

"Oi! You're going to rub my skin off." I said as Yushiro went fucking ballista on my blood-covered body, if not the cloth rubbing then his glare would've done the same if it was not directed in Tanjiro's direction.

"You like her, huh. Ouch. Keep the nails in their socket idiot.?!." I nudged Yushiro and this time I surely lost a piece of skin.

So that's how the next half hour went, Tanjiro getting berated for getting his bones broken and me healing the wounds Yushiro was inflicting on my poor back.

_____________

Read 8 Chapters Ahead while supporting me on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

There's also another link down below. 

Hope everyone has a Nice Day/Night.

6