Ch 70: Back on the Road
267 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Well here goes nothing. I'm gonna climb first so if Ryuichi falls you catch him quick okay? Ryuichi you hold on tight" I said as we entered the alley.

Somehow I was climbing a lot more alleys than I should. The buildings on both sides had wooden poles coming out of them so it was a breeze to climb.

'Now let's hope there are poles on the other side too.' I thought as I climbed to the top of the building.

I could drop straight down from the other side and be just fine after a minute due to my regeneration, probably will limp for an hour or two but goddamit that shit hurt.

I reached back to help Tanjiro up on the roof. He was evidently not as good as me.

"Hey, Tanjiro wanna know something funny?" I asked smiling.

" Huff huff I would love to but give me a moment. I need to catch my breath." Tanjiro replied gasping for air. Oh, he also had Nezuko's box on his back that explains it.

"Take your time," I replied and finally, Tanjiro started breathing normally again.

"What is it?" Tanjiro asked standing straight.

"We climbed the wrong building," I replied with a straight face.

"Haha, you're funny. Climbed the wrong building Hahahahaha.... You're not serious are you?"

"As serious as I can be," I answered.

"But how?" Tanjiro asked incredulously.

"Don't know. You were the one who said to climb the building to my left." I said shrugging.

" That was supposed to be my left," Tanjiro said despairingly.

"So we have to climb the whole way down and back up again?" Tanjiro asked tiredly.

" You mean you have to climb the whole way again. Ryuichi hold on tight and don't let go." I replied with a smug smile.

" What do you mean?" Tanjiro asked tilting his head.

"See you on the other side," I replied and took off running towards the other building and then jumped through the air, soaring through and easily landing on the other roof. This time the one where I needed to be.

*10 Minutes later*

"You.... Huff..... didn't have to do that...huff." Tanjiro said gasping for air.

" I didn't have to but it seemed fun," I answered.

" But you had him on your back. That's irresponsible." Tanjiro said pointing towards Ryuichi who was in deep sleep and giving off gentle snores.

"Okay it was irresponsible, I agree with you. Not gonna happen again." I answered.

" Good," Tanjiro said smiling.

" Not when anyone's with me," I muttered

" What?"

" What? Your ears are ringing Tanjiro, truly you're focusing too much on your nose and depriving your other senses." I said with a sagely nod diverting the topic.

" Thankfully we've good technology in this city so there's a ladder from this roof to the other side. Now let's go quickly, you need some sleep." I said giving a look to Tanjiro.

I had more stamina than others so not sleeping wasn't that bad of a thing for me most of the time. I too had my limits but they were much higher than others not to mention with training they were constantly increasing.

Tanjiro on the other hand was normal, for the most part. He also hadn't healed fully from his injuries in the fights. I could give him some of my blood but there were a few reasons I was beginning to stop handing my blood out like candy.

The pain was the first reason. I would go batshit crazy if I was sleeping and get hit with random pain, there was also the random multiplier as a cherry on the top.

The fact that something might be wrong with my blood. What if it just doesn't work that well with others or the potency goes down with uses? Tsukuyomi wasn't free so it's not like I could ask him to elaborate.

"Let's go. If we go now we can reach a shady spot by noon." Tanjiro said pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah let's go," I said slowly climbing down the ladder and sprinting to the treeline. Completely avoiding anyone from seeing us.

Once we entered we saw Fenris, now big-sized waiting for us while Horus screeched with Tanjiro's crow in the air.

"Who's a good fluffy boy?" I scratched Fenris as he leaned into the touch.

"You up for a good walk boy? We'll stop after a few hours but both all of us are tired so you need to walk slowly so we don't fall off. Can you do that for us?" I asked patting Fenris.

*Bark*

I was answered with a happy bark and a big lick across the face.

" I'll take that as a yes," I said smiling.

" Get on Tanjiro," I said gently putting Ryuichi down on the softer fur and getting comfortable on Fenris's back, the last day had been wild, to say the least, and I wanted some much needed rest.

'Let's hope something goes according to how I remember.' I thought amused and despaired at the same time. I probably jinxed myself.

*3rd POV*

"Are they out of the city?" A hoarse voice asked from the shadows to his partner.

"Yes. He's one of those, he has their sense of smell so I couldn't get too close." A figure covered in heavy red Armor replied. His face was hidden behind a mask and a metal Jingasa covered the top of his head.

He stood tall on a rooftop looking out into the distance.

" They're becoming too Common, you think we'll have another purge in a few months?" The voice asked again, curiosity hidden somewhere in the rough voice.

"No, not now. They're a nuisance at best we have other things to worry about. Tell me did we find that Monk or did he get away again?" The man questioned without moving from his spot.

"No, he escaped again." The voice replied bemused.

"How many did he kill this time?"

"6, the other 12 each lost a limb. The only one sane enough to answer at this point told us the monk was going to a mountain." The voice in the shadows answered undisturbed.

" Don't test me. Name the mountain." The armored man asked again agitated.

" Mount Natagumo."

"Good. Then we won't need to purge any of them, their heads will roll before the next full moon." The armored man answered before disappearing from the rooftop.

___________

Author's Note: The other factions are coming into play. Expect some heavy duty shit to start towards the end of this volume. I've already started working on it.

I've got good new people, I've finally managed to get official art for one of my two stories!

The most recent post on my Patreon has both the art and the Author's Note. Don't worry it's public, I would've added the art here but it would've been inconvenient.

https://www.patreon.com/Ashara

There's another link down below.

I hope everyone checks out the art and the artist as well. I'm fucking jubilant from happiness.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and don't forget to check out the art!

7