Ch 71: Can you not see Mt. Tai?
264 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

*Whack*

"For the love of God and his holy system, this is the 7th time Fenris, slow down," I said rubbing my face from where the branch had smacked me. It seemed to be getting more common as Fenris sped up.

Tanjiro and Ryuichi were still sleeping, it was a hard thing to get Tanjiro to rest, he was always worried, always fretting, always saying he didn't mind being awake.

It had been a few days since we left the city and fortunately, there were no demons till now, we did get a mission or two in between but they were easy to fulfill.

The journey had been uneventful till now when Fenris suddenly decided to speed up and blast me with tree branches.

"Something wrong Fenris?" I asked holding onto his fur tightly, there was enough fluff to hold onto. The others were tied with rope when traveling, it wasn't the safest method but it worked well enough.

*Caw caw*

'Why do I feel like I've heard that screech before? It's not Horus at least so maybe a crow? Wait why am I distinguishing between a bird's screech?' I contemplated before the smell hit me and suddenly everything made a lot more sense.

'Ooh, this is going to be rough.' I sighed before nudging Tanjiro.

"Hey, Tanjiro wake up. There's a big tittied goth woman behind that bush." I shouted but Tanjiro stirred, mumbled, and then moved his head to the other side.

'Why did I think that would wake him up? Even Inosuke wouldn't have cared and Tanjiro is purer than a litter of puppies. Okay, it would've worked on Zenitsu and maybe Haku. Wait fuck'

"Hey Tanjiro wake up we're meeting God," I said this time grabbing his shoulders and shouting.

" Huh...what?" Tanjiro asked with mumbling words as I gently grabbed Ryuichi. The sound was getting closer.

" No time to explain. Brace for impact!" I shouted as a black blur appeared in front of us and clashed with Fenris.

*Bam*

"Okay let's go down quick." I jumped down and Tanjiro followed a moment after, thankfully we didn't have any luggage and the luggage we did have was in my Inventory.

The scene was messy, it was horrifying and most of all it was fun. The Shadow was Cerberus who was following Inosuke's crow trying to get him before smelling Fenris and coming to play roughhouse with his brother.

The only thing wrong with that was the fact that both were gigantic wolves a single storey tall so their rough housing was destruction.

'This reminds me where's my idiot brother?'

"Aweeee!"

"Oh fuck no," I said looking up.

*Bam*

Before I was splattered on the ground. Inosuke had landed out of the sky....on top of me.

"Hey Nii-San where are you?" Inosuke asked looking around.

"The Gods are beneath your feet. Now get off damm you, it's been a month and you've gotten fat already." I said raising my hand.

Inosuke had the manners to look shameful for a moment before he started laughing which had the effect of waking Ryuichi up.

" Ahhhh!" Ryuichi shouted too close to my ear.

I was confused for a moment before remembering that Inosuke was wearing his mask, and laughing. I was used to it but it seemed a bit too terrifying for Ryuichi.

"Hmmm who are you?" Inosuke said poking Ryuichi on the head.

"Stop with that Inosuke," Tanjiro said holding Inosuke's hand.

"Monjiro! Why are you here?" Inosuke asked with a tilted head.

"Hello to you as well Inosuke," Tanjiro replied dusting himself off.

" Ok, can you get up now? I'm still beneath you." I said finally getting Inosuke off of me and standing up.

" What're you both doing here?" Inosuke asked and in the background, Fenris and Cerberus were still destroying the forest.

"Well, Tanjiro here got done in pretty bad in a fight. I was there as well and now we have a mission together. Did your crow tell you where you had to go?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"No, that shriveled chicken just poked my eye so me and Cerberus were chasing it. Where is he now?" Inosuke said looking around.

'Yup, that's good enough reason for Inosuke I guess. Poor crow.'

" And you didn't threaten to eat the crow did you?" I asked and Inosuke's nervous whistling was all the answer I needed.

"Why? I think I left enough money to last even you two more months." I was genuinely surprised about where Inosuke spent the money.

He wasn't the best at money and because he was probably buying things for the first time I wasn't surprised if people overcharged him for things but that was the confusing part. I already took all of that into account, Inosuke had most of the money for that very reason.

"Uh...."

"Inosuke you can tell me, I've never hit you. At least not hard and not outside of spars." I said trying to coax the reason out of him.

I was answered with two Katanas with very very shiny hilts and new leather.

"I won't hit you, I won't hit you. Ok, no meat for you you're stuck with vegetable money for the rest of the week." I said finally.

Inosuke seemed to protest for a moment before it seemed he remembered something and didn't say anything.

" You didn't tell me where you were going," I asked again.

" It's supposed to be this big house around a day from here," Inosuke answered giddy with excitement.

"Oh, what a coincidence me, and Tanjiro are also going to the same Mansion for our mission. How lucky." I answered and had to hold back a smile as Inosuke's hopes of getting out of the punishment by scurrying off for a mission in a separate direction were crushed.

'You're a 100 years too early for it brother.'

-----------

Author's Note: Read ahead while supporting me on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night.

5