Ch 73: Glass
264 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"You'll never catch me!" I said shouting back at Inosuke dashing through the treeline.

*Whistle*

"Hey what the fuck you can't use Cerberus to race Inosuke!" I shouted even as I sped up even more.

" There are no crimes if there are no rules!" Inosuke shouted slowly catching up.

" Don't fail me now legs! I'm not gonna lose to my younger brother!" I said as I put my all into running.

Cerberus was destroying the treeline but was still catching up. I need those AGI stats.

We burst through the treeline and I saw a mop of dirty blonde hair that was evidently Zenitsu talking with Haku as they walked down the road.

*Whack*

"See ya suckers!" I said slapping them on the back of the head and running off.

"Slow as ever Monitsu!" Inosuke shouted as he passed by them.

"What the fuck just happened," Haku asked rubbing the back of his head.

"Was that Boar head?" Zenitsu asked forgetting about his 13th rejection this month.

"Hello," Tanjiro said coming up to them. This would be tough to explain.

"I am the storm that's approaching!" I barreled through into another treeline. Horus wasn't with us so it was Tanjiro's crow leading the way.

Before long we had come upon a mansion that reeked of blood. This was the mission target.

"I won," I said as Inosuke came behind me grumbling.

"You ran first," Inosuke argued.

"What was it about No crimes if there are no rules? My ears must've been ringing surely." I shot back.

"But-" I stopped Inosuke from continuing. 

"Listen," I said calming down.

'The left window.' I made sure to confirm before running to the left side of the house as a person hurled himself out of the window-smashing broken glass all over me. Okay, I should've been more careful.

" Inosuke catch!" I shouted as Inosuke jumped to catch the falling guy.

They both landed fine but the guy was injured as his clothes were dripping with blood that was his own for the most part. I could smell some demon blood.

"Did I make it out?" The guy asked more to himself.

"Yeah, you did," I said as I helped him drink a Potion. If it wasn't too late then he should survive.

"Hey, you bastards!" I heard from behind me confirming that Zenitsu, Haku, and Tanjiro arrived in the opening.

"Tanjiro there are two children to the right, get them here," I said pointing at the shilloute in the treeline.

I looked at the gasping guy. He was still breathing for the most part but the breaths were shallow.

"Haku there should be a cloth on Fenris. Tear it down into small pieces and give it to me when I ask." I said and Haku got on the job.

"Don't just stand there Zenitsu keep making him drink from the vial." I said and Zenitsu despite being flustered ran up to help.

Haku came up and handed me the strips of clothes and I was beginning to feel the pain. The wounds would've killed the guy so I was expecting a lot of it anyway.

I tore off his clothes and slowly began cleaning the blood off. Some of it had dried but most of it was fresh as his wounds slowly became visible I could see the flesh healing. He would survive.

"Good, he's safe. Inosuke put him on Cerberus." I said and Inosuke thought for a moment.

"Inosuke~" That got him doing the job fine enough.

I rubbed my hand on some of the other clean cloth as I looked to see Tanjiro bring the two children forward.

"Hello." I greeted them but they were more or less afraid of my appearance.

"H...helok *hic*" The girl answered between sobs.

'This would be tough.' 

"Can I ask what you both were doing here?" I asked in my softest voice.

"Our brother. Someone took out brother inside there." The boy answered as he pointed to the Mansion.

"Then we'll get him back for you," I said ruffling the kid's hair.

" Can I ask you one more thing?" I said and the children nodded.

"Do you know him?" I asked as I pointed to the injured guy.

"Y..yes. He's from our village." The boy replied and I smiled which seemed to make them more afraid for some reason. Kids these days, I only had horns.

"Then can you stay with him while we get your brother back? We even have doggos. Hey Fenris!" I shouted and Fenris came up behind me dog-sized.

" I think we can do that." They answered and I nodded.

" Good. We'll get your brother back in no time. Ryuichi stay with them." I said and opened the mansion's door.

" Asura."

" Hmm."

" You still have broken glass stuck in your face."

" Mothefu-"

______________________

Author's Note: Read ahead while supporting me on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/Ashara

There's another link down below.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night

4