Ch 74: Don’t run in the Hallway!
201 7 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked taking out and throwing away the last bloody Glass shard stuck in me.

I had thought the pain was solely from the guy I had healed and hadn't noticed.

"Well I remember it was someone else that was giving us orders." Zenitsu said huffing.

"Ok now you'll be the one to enter the Mansion first." I said and enjoyed the color drain from Zenitsu's face.

"No no no. Ladies first." Zenitsu said in a hurry. That sealed the deal.

"Okay now you're definitely going in first." I said as I picked him up by his collar and threw him into the mansion and the rest of us followed.

"Whoever kills the most is the winner." Inosuke said as he ran off into the mansion.

"Don't run in the hallway dammit." I said as I watched my plans go down the drain. 

"Come on Zenitsu, the sooner we finish the sooner we can get everyone to safety." Tanjiro said as he helped Zenitsu up on his feet.

"I want to go back...." Zenitsu looked ready to bawl his eyes out.

" You'll jinx us." I said and we could barely hear Inosuke's roaring laughter. May kindness find the demon that got in his way.

*Tap Tap Tap*

Suddenly the rooms changed and I found myself alone in a dimly lit room.

"Fucking Zenitsu." I cursed as I started moving with my Blade out. Better be prepared. The damm paper thin walls weren't going to provide much time to prepare against a demons attack.

I slid the doors open and slowly began walking in the corridor,the rooms provided some light but not nearly enough. I relied on my nose to guide me across.

Before long I came across a kid holding a tambourine in his hand.

"Wait don't!" I shouted but he beat the thing hard anyway changing the rooms again.

'Damm my appearance.' i checked again if i still had Shards of glass stuck in me but didn't find any.

"50 more....a hundred more....." I heard the sound coming from the corridor towards my room with footsteps, quite heavy footsteps following.

First humanoid shadows appeared in the door before a hand pierced through and ripped the wall open bare handed.

*Slash*

His gift was a Kunai through the hand. The demon didn't flinch as he took his other hand and gouged the Kunai out before crushing it.

"That was some Oak bastard, that stuff doesn't come cheap." I said and twirled another one of my Kunai in my hand while my other hand was on Ignis.

The demon was 7 feet and some more tall and built like a fucking truck. I also noticed the Tambourines or whatever they were called sewn into his flesh. His eyes were blood red without an iris.

*Tap*

Instantenously claws appeared and cut through the floor of the room and I sidestepped to barely dodge it in time.

'Left for the attack'

*TAP*

Gravity changed and suddenly I was falling on what was previously the left wall of the room.

'Right for the gravity change.'

And that was basically it. Since the other tambourine was with the kid.

*TAP tap tap TAP tap*

The demons hands began moving rapidly as the gravity changed followed by two claws another gravity change with another flurry of claws.

The gravity change was easy enough but dodging the claws in the air required focus.

"Is that all?" I asked smirking.

*Splat*

2 pairs of arms burst out from the demons back ready to play those Tambourines.

'I just had to say it huh.'

" Let's dance bitch." I said taking out Ignis and Vriska.

"Ready to rumble."

*Tap Tap TAP TAP TAP tap tap Tap TAP tap tap*

My declaration was met with a flurry of claw strikes and a lot of gravity manipulation.

'Dont get hit don't get hit.' i chanted as I slowly dodged the claw marks. This would only work if I played by the demons rules for a little while.

After some more minutes I let myself bang my head against the wall.

*TAP TAP*

The demon taking it as an advantage rapidly changed the gravity.

'Gotcha.'

*Screech*

My Kunai flew through the air and locked itself and the demons hand on the claw tambourine.

*TAP TAP TAP*

The demon rapidly started changing the gravity to throw me off balance as his other hands tried to pull the Kunai out of the Tambourine.

"Wolf Breathing: Rabid Steps." I changed my grip on Ignis and Vriska and left an afterimage as I descended on the demon.

*Slash*

Like a scissor the demons head was cut off his shoulder.

*Bam*

I did recieve a pretty fucking tough punch on my left side and lodged myself into the wall.

"Ooh it was actually Oak." 

----------------------

Authors Note: Yes I'm not dead. Just broke my hand in between these months, got sick to oblivion (Was probably covid but i didn't have the strength to get it checked, i live in my own Asylum anyway), gave exams, got the results, fell down and broke my nose, got very bad anxiety and Insomnia so even sleeping is a pain. All of this one after the other. These have been some interesting months to say the least.

Well I'll try to update as much as I can, I've a bit of backup so it wouldn't be that much of a pain.


Thanks for reading the chapter.

To read ahead and support my writing endeavours go to Patreon.com/Ashara and read upto 8 chapters ahead.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night.

4