Ch 76: A Broken Spear
157 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asuras POV*

"Hey, guys look at this," Zenitsu called pointing at the river.

"You got fish Monitsu?" Inosuke jumped over to see.

"No pig he- I mean no Inosuke," Zenitsu replied hesitantly looking around.

"You guys can banter, I'm not gonna kill you for calling my brother a pig head Zenitsu," I said from the top of a tree while sharpening my Kunai. 

"Yeah, that's reassuring," Zenitsu said pointing at my Kunai and I shrugged.

"Come on Monitsu what do you have?" Inosuke said distracting Zenitsu from his thoughts. 

"Oh, nothing."

"Don't fuck around now tell us. Tanjiro and Haku have been gone for a while already." I said and dropped from the tree as Zenitsu visibly shuddered.

"Don't you feel pain?"

"Well, I'm making a tolerance to it. It'll help in fights." I replied stretching my legs.

"As if the boar mask wearing guy wasn't enough already," Zenitsu muttered.

" You know for a guy with amazing hearing you really need to learn when others can hear you." I said yawning. It was the afternoon and we had no mission to go on.

"You didn't tell us what you had?" I asked again and Zenitsu sighed. 

" Here." Zenitsu bent to catch something from the river and then threw it without back without watching.

*Sreek*

I caught the bent and rotting spear and examined it.

The steel spearhead still shone sharply but was bent at about the halfway point and the wooden pole was already rotting horribly.

"So wh-"

"Shh." I stopped Inosuke and Zenitsu and quietly observed the surroundings. My sense of smell didn't pick anything up.

"You hear anything fishy Zenitsu?" I asked and Zenitsu was startled but obliged.

"No." He replied after a few moments.

"Nothing I can feel either," Inosuke said retreating his arms to his side from their stretched position.

"Why are you so worried? Things rotting anyway if it belonged to someone then that someone is either long dead or isn't equipped enough to even raid a pantry." Zenitsu said dusting himself off.

" Dunno why but my intuition told me to check. Better be safe than sorry." I said still flipping the spear before storing it in a pack.

'I'll put it in the Inventory later.' 

" Where do you think that thing came from?" Zenitsu asked as Inosuke had already lost interest.

" Don't know. Do you know where this river originates from? A mountain or something?" I asked curious.

" Why would I know that?" Zenitsu said shrugging.

"Forget I asked," I said brushing it off.

'Maybe Haku will know?' I thought before looking at the pacing Inosuke.

"What's got you pumped up?"

"Why did Monjiro and Fish eyes go hunting?" Inosuke asked, annoyed.

"Beats me. We'll probably have caught something better, the two of us." I said and Inosuke nodded.

"Hmm you're not as good as me but I'll humble you."

"Where did you learn those fancy words?" I asked smiling.

"Monjiro taught me. Cost me 15 acorns. He wanted to teach me his and his sister's name first but we learnt cool words instead." Inosuke said prideful.

"Nezuko chan~" Zenitsu muttered, and I could see the hearts in his eyes.

*Bonk*

"Dammit stop that Pig head," Zenitsu shouted rubbing his head from where it had gotten hit by Inosuke.

"And why are you laughing?" Zenitsu pointed at me.

"Nothing," I replied still holding my stomach.

It had been a weird night when we all met Nezuko, had to do it eventually and Haku took to it well while Zenitsu took to it too well.

So like the responsible man I was I asked someone to hit him with a stick when he makes lovey dovey eyes and who better to take the job than my overly enthusiastic brother who was thrilled at the idea.

"Uh.... When will Monjiro return!" Inosuke kicked dirt as Zenitsu did his best to rub his sore head.

"Chuntaro is gone as well,"  Zenitsu complained.

"Well, your crows and bird are gone for work. My Loanshark of a bird hasn't returned. Cerb and Fenris are gone to hunt too." I said sighing.

Horus had been gone for a long ass time and I couldn't exactly tail an Eagle. At least I think he is an eagle.

*Awoo*

"Caw Caw fuck your maw."

"By the Devil," I said waiting for the inevitable extortion that was about to occur. 

The bushes rustled as Tanjiro and Haku came into view and I could smell the wolves rushing over. 

*Peck*

"Yeah yeah missed you too fuckbirb," I said taking a dozen pecks a second from Horus who perched onto my shoulder.

" Did ya think I'll go away without my debt little chick? You don't have enough feathers to fool a duck." Horus started his ramblings as everyone gathered to watch and in the corner of my eye, I could see them chuckling.

"Yeah laugh at my expense bastards," I said semi seriously but then I noticed the Wolves smiling in their own wolfish way.

"Et tu Brute?" I said losing hope.

"Okay, what do you have for me?" I asked finally stopping Horus by catching him by his beak.

"Look at it yourself. And I already took my cut." Horus said and I noticed the large sack tied to his leg and moved to open it.

"Holy fuck."

--------


Authors Note: Hope everyone's doing great. I'm trying my best to write chapters as fast as I can but not exactly at the optimum condition while typing on a Phone with a broken hand. That aside, hope everyone liked the chapter. This Arc should end around chapter 100. Give or take a couple of chapters here and there. 


Read upto 8 chapters ahead on Patreon. Patreon.com/Ashara


It helps me by continuing to fund a Laptop, that i can use to write faster and hopefully better chapters. 


Hope everyone had a nice Day/Night. And thanks for reading the chapter. 

4