Ch 81: Benefactors
169 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

I immidiately grabbed the vial and looked into the blue viscous liquid inside it.

"Careful with that. If you break it you won't be getting a hearing but an execution." Kenji said calmly.

'No shit,it's important.' I screamed inside before placing the vial back on the table. 

It was a vial of Blue Spider Lily or at least something made From it.

"I honestly didn't think she'll be this fucking quick in making anything out of it." I said out loud not even caring at the presence of Kenji in the room.

Sure I had provided the Blue Spider Lily and that would make the job a lot easier but a lot of it was risk.

When Giyu had visited after the Final Selections this was exactly what I had asked him to deliver. The ingredients to make something usable against Demons from what they were originally made from.

Something Kibutsuji Muzan would never accept, not in a million years. He had looked for the Blue Spider Lily for over a thousand or more years and hadn't found a single inkling to even a petal and here in my hands was a product from the same flower which had god knows what effects.

This. This single vial in my hand was a fucking game changer, a much needed one in fact since the canon timeline was getting out of hand more and more and my knowledge of the future was hazy at best now.

I couldn't expect to squeak a win against Muzan just cause of luck, that was honestly impossible. I wasn't a genius nor a great strategist, and pure strength certainly didn't seem reliable. Muzan could hide and he could hide damm well for a damm long time if the fate of Yorichi Tsugikuni was anything to go by.

This vial and the Blue Spider Lily was one of the aces up my sleeve and a damm much needed one with another fucking entire world thrown into the mix.

Those Rats as they were called and those caves some things just didn't make sense and I was sure as fuck those things were from the other world and God only knows what all was gonna creep out of that world.

"I was told that it's important. And a cure. I'm not supposed to tell you of it but you didn't lie to me when I asked you of the demon so I trust you enough about it." Kenji said before going to make tea.

'Yeah that's bullshit.' I smelled the fraud in that statement from a mile away.

I hadn't exactly helped Kenji , in fact I had made his job harder by bringing and I wasn't optimistic enough to believe in the good of the human heart, Tanjiro hadn't rubbed off enough on me for that to happen.

'He was told to tell me that information. But also to make it seem like he wasn't supposed to.' my mind was working at a thousand miles an hour. 

It did make some sense. I hadn't personally met Shinobu Kochou but from what I knew of the Insect Hashira she was... Complex.

At the very least if this was supposed to be given to me then she probably wanted to make sure I didn't use it on myself or something.

'It's a prototype, so I certainly won't use it on 

Nezuko but I Can use it on something else or more likely someone else.' I thought twirling the letter and the words over.

'Why did she send it to me in the first place? She could've kept it for herself and send Gyomei or any of the Hashira for that matter to make me cough out more of the Blue Spider lilies.' 

I was strict on the timeline and events so I had gambled with asking Giyu to deliver the flowers, I half expected a Hashira to show up to break my bones but I banked on the fact that the Corps would see the value of what I have and not harm me And Nezuko considering I could destroy their one chance at the fight against Kibutsuji Muzan.

I had taken a gamble and I had won.

It wasn't a perfect win, it was a lot of chances and the outcome still wasn't decided but it was better than expected.

I would have to convince Ubuyashiki and the Hashiras of some absurd stuff and I would have to lie the fuck out of myself but this was good, I could get the backing of the Corps and hopefully find a cure against Demonification.

There was a lot to do and my brain was hurting as I sat there for God knows how long thinking.

"I would personally take you to the Headquarters, you can present your friends case then. No need to overthink stuff if you believe what you did was right." Kenji said as he offered me a tea which I accepted graciously. 

My throat was parched at this point and I was anxious.

"All of you are allowed to rest here till then. The Guards will make sure that you're well rested and your equipment is well repaired. These barracks are open to you and your companions. All of them." Kenji said with a strained smile and I nodded.

A shaky but firm nod as my brain thanked my three benefactors. 

That was another one of the mysteries, one of the Hashiras supporting me was of course Giyu,god bless that guy. The other was probably Shinobu which would make the vial of Blue liquid in front of me make sense because if she didn't support me why would she have trusted me with a vial of the cure otherwise.

The third one though,that was what set my mind running. Sanemi was out of the picture immidiately and Obonai and Gyomei as well for similar reasons.

Rengoku was a good man and so was Uzui so it might've been one of them but I felt it was unlikely. They were invested in the cause to say the least.

Muichiro was uncaring to say the least in this point in time so couldn't have been him.

Mitsuri might've been the one but something told me she won't go that far for pity.

'I wish I could trust humans as much as Tanjiro can.' I thought sighing.

My hands were shaking and my brain hurt like hell. I was excited and scared all at once and more than likely overwhelmed with thoughts.

"Rest. Your companions are expecting you." Kenji said noticing my shaky hands.

"Ok." I said simply and picked up the letter and very very carefully carried the vial before putting them in my pocket but sneakily putting them in mu Inventory. I wasn't taking risks.

'I might actually die of a heart attack.'

________________________________


Author's Note: And life has seen fit to punch me straight through the head yet again so I'll be back with the next chapter as soon as I can.


Read upto 8 Chapters ahead on Patreon.com/Ashara


Any donations are appreciated. 


Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night. 


7