Ch 86: Shattered Barriers
168 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*3rd POV*

 

"We..... There?...." A voice appeared from the treeline near the barracks.

 

It sounded hoarse and slow with a bit of screeching thrown in for extra measure.

 

"Yes. There on that wall. Feast." Another voice said before the trees rustled and the owners of the first voice appeared.

 

As the moonlight shone on their cracked pale skin you could see their faces splitting open in smiles, they could smell a feast.

 

Dozens of little dinners going around their work just inside those big sticks they called walls.

 

For them it was a pleasure, the little sticks could be used to get two or three of the little dinners at once and roast them over a fire.

 

They had more than enough inside that place, no need to be impatient. They were good children.

 

*Clank*

 

'Oh the little Fish noticed?' they thought as the alarm bells of the Barracks started ringing.

 

The big man had told them when the bell started ringing they were allowed to eat as much as they wanted.

 

"Gahhhh...." They let out purple mist from their breaths as they slowly walked to their feast.

 

They stood almost 10 feet tall and there were rough patches of wild and dirty hair growing around their head which went almost to their waists.

 

Fat and bloated to boot, they looked terrifying.

 

*Katcha*

 

"Huh?" One out of the two dozen of them looked down to find his arm missing from the elbow down.

 

The dinner was coming to them by itself. How sweet.

 

"What the fuck are these things?" One of the first Corps members to come out of the Barracks said as he took in the grotesque monstrosities.

 

The first thing to notice of them outside of their size and appearance was their eyes, each glowing blood red and pulsing in the night air while the other thing of immediate notice was the 7 feet long metal clubs they were dragging with just one arm.

 

These things were dangerous.

 

"Don't go near them, wait behind the walls till the Guards appear!" One of the more experienced Corps members shouted from the 1st wall at his fellow members.

 

They had the numbers to fight these things but going into a contest of strength would only lead to more deaths on the human side.

 

'Why are these things here in the first place?' He thought as he looked at the approaching creatures.

 

They didn't look fast by any means so it was impossible for them to have taken the Scouts out by surprise.

 

'Or maybe it's all an act? Yes. It's better to stay away.' He thought to himself as more and more Corps members started showing up with their blades at the ready.

 

The creatures were almost half the length of their walls for fucks sake they were certainly strong.

 

After a bit of waiting from both sides, the creatures finally reached the wall and without waiting slowly lifted their clubs.

 

'No this wall won't hold!' Everyone thought at the same time.

 

" Get away from the wall!" No one knew who shouted it but almost everyone immediately ran, followed the directions and jumped down from the wall.

 

*Creak*

 

The wood gave off a perishing creak as it strained under the attack by the Monstroties and their clubs before splintering into pieces.

 

The monsters were in and they were smiling. It unnerved everyone but they were faring better looking at how slow the monsters were, they were literally dragging themselves over flat ground.

 

'We can just avoid them.' they thought with renewed confidence.

 

"Water Breathing Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust." A member charged and pierced straight through one of the creature's necks almost splitting the globule of flesh in half

 

" Gruuh?" The creature looked at his neck before looking at the Corps member.

 

For a moment their eyes met the confused ones of the Demon and the Confident ones of the Slayer who was sure the Demon would retreat or at least be somewhat hurt with most of its neck split in half.

 

*Chomp*

 

Instead, the Demon opened its mouth like a snake and in a single bite bit off the young Corps member's entire upper body down to his torso.

 

With his neck already healing you could see the face of the Corps member that had been eaten traveling down the Monster's broken neck and some people immediately vomited as they saw their friend's head staring back at them as it traveled down the Demon's neck before disappearing behind its chest.

 

Some of the flesh even spilled out of the neck even as it quickly healed back to its perfect state.

 

"Gaah..." The demon let out another purple mist from its mouth before all of them continued towards the now horrified Slayers.

 

"Wai... Start fighting you bastards!" One of them shouted as their feets were planted into the ground from fear.

 

In a frenzy, some of them grabbed onto their blades with shaking hands and tried to breathe their Breath styles. They would have to fight these things.

 

But not everyone was out of the fear yet. Some were still rooted to their spots in fear looking at the half-eaten body of their friend.

 

One of the younger members stared as one of the creatures approached her and slowly, ever so slowly brought its club towards her head.

 

It would be over for her soon. All she could do was stare at the approaching end even as she shakily tried to put up her blade in front of her and breath.

 

The club was less than a hair's breadth away from her face as the air picked up all around her.

 

"Wind Breathing Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind" Before the Demon's entire arm was thrown into the air in a mixture of Red and Black blood.

 

It mixed in the air into some unholy concoction and the flesh from the arm was torn apart by Gusts of Wind resembling Tiger claws till it was nothing but bones.

 


Author's Note: Still alive, got shit grades in a test and want to collapse in a pile and sleep for a couple of hours but ah well can't afford to do that.

I'm adding more factions and parts to the Demon Slayer corps, so this is going a bit AU, I like the organisation but hate how we know next to nothing of it's grunt work and layout in the series so I'm working on a tangible showcasing of the breath styles and how the Corps are structured.

If any of you wanna read ahead a bit then you can on my Patreon.

Hope everyone has a nice day/night.

3