Ch 88: Blindsided
169 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

*Creak*

An arrow passed through the right arm of another Giant Demon before, with a quick sidestep I avoided its Meaty arm with Black Nails trying to grab onto me.

It hadn't taken long for the Battle to turn Bloody and oh it was Bloody alright. Enough of it that I could practically smell the half a dozen men that had been turned into Minced meat against the ground or the Walls.

The Blood though flower mostly flowed from the Demons like they were fucking Fountains which granted a wish of a horrible death without needing to toss a coin to them.

Haku was doing a good enough job disabling the demons long enough for me and Kenji to finish them but the rest of the men were doing a piss poor job to indicate that they even knew Breath styles.

One of them had found bravery and stupidity at the same time and tried to cut open a Demons belly, only for his sword to get stuck in the Fat and Hard meat of the Demons flesh. Death had found him soon after that.

More and more men were dying for seemingly no reason than to serve a distraction.

*Thud*

The demon's heavy Club landed on the ground to my right as I parried his sword with my bare nails at the last moment, making a horrible screeching sound.

The demon again tried to catch me with his Paws but a quick slash and he was 4 fingers short. Even as his shoulder slowly began to turn from a gaping hole to dirty flesh yet again.

'Dammed regeneration.' I cursed.

[KI: 10/19

Fear Aura: 12.89%]

As if mocking me the system reminded me of the Status before going back into its depraved chambers.

[Those depraved chambers exist within your own mind, dear Host]

"Fuck you," I said to both the System and the demon.

'Wraith Steps.'

I rushed straight through the clumsy defenses of the demon before hitting it hard in the knee and getting it to drop its legs.

'Crimson Severance.'

And in a flash of blood from my hand, which briefly turned my Nails Crimson, the demon was decapitated.

"Ahhhh-" another man screamed from somewhere before being killed.

This was getting fucking ridiculous, no one out of these Dozens of men except Kenji had half a brain cell between them to kill a single demon.

*Ting*

A slow bell sounded from somewhere.

'Calm the fuck down.' I gently reminded myself before looking around the area.

"What the fuck are all of you doing! Don't cluster in groups if you don't want to die in each other's arms, scatter like the fucking wind. You'll let some wild unwashed Pigs that eat Human Flesh kill you?" I shouted and got almost everyone out of their stupor.

My hair had gotten out of its ponytail and now flew wildly into the air, only to get even more Punctuated by the Flames of the Torches shining on them. It got a lot of them out of their stupor, but most still looked uncertain.

" Follow what he says, because if these things don't kill you then I will! Kenji shouted in what could only be described as a roar of a Beast before his sword took the shape of a tiger and turned a demon's head into thin slices of meat.

That got enough of the men pissing to run away from each other like rats, those limping helped by their friends.

" Those who're limping, get the fuck out of here. Water Breathing Users, try to bait them. Fire Breathing, users try to cover for them." I shouted afterwards.

These could barely be called instructions and I could barely be called a leader as ashamed I was to admit that but anything more specific would've been too much in this Chaos to be followed in a reasonable capacity.

Slowly but surely people began to shuffle away from the demons, not forming clusters anymore as the battle was dragged up to the Training courtyard.

*Tung*

Like a great bell being rung the demon's fist launched itself towards me, awfully slow in its attack.

In a display of my climbing that'll leave even monkeys to shame, I took the demon's extended fist and perched myself on top of its wrist, which was the size of a Bloated Watermelon.

"Hnng?" The demon stared me in the eye surprised as I looked back. Something about the situation seemed to be incomprehensible to him as he leaned his face forward from the momentum.

"Whichever god you meet, just hope it's not the one I met," I told the demon before driving both of my claws into its skull and blinding it.

"RAAAAAGH!" it screamed to high heaven as it hurled me into the air only for me to slip onto its back and dig my claws, tearing its skin into rags.

The demon started Hurling its weight around, trying to grab onto something. Unfortunately for him, the only thing he could grab in the Training Courtyard was loose soil as it struggled to gain a foothold.

'Severance.'

In a fluid swipe, the back of its knee was turned into mush bringing it to its knees and in another such swipe, its head was removed, though I had to lean a bit for that since even on its knees its head was pretty high up.

"Whoever has an unbloodied sword after this! I will get his corpse and cut it to pieces myself!" Kenji shouted and everyone else seemed to listen for just a moment before roaring and fighting like never before.

'The fear of not dying with your body intact huh? As if the Gods will take the piss on you for not having a full body.' I chuckled before joining in yet again.

"Huff, Huff." I breathed hard against myself to keep my body working. The regeneration was working its wonders already.

[KI: 5/19

Fear Aura: 38.09%]

The demons were down to less than Half a Dozen and this would be over soon. The skirmish had lasted for more than an entire hour.

'Where are the others?' My thoughts suddenly came to a grinding halt as I looked around and didn't find my brother and the others in the fight. There must be something wrong, they couldn't have taken this long to sort the Blacksmith out or to retrieve the blades unless the Blacksmith was producing Raw Iron and then doing the blades just now.

I looked up at Haku shooting down and providing an opening for the others and sure enough, he was still alone, not joined by any of the others.

*Tung*

A great bell sounded again and everyone had to look away to its origin, even the demons seemed to be lulled into a trance by that sound.

All of us looked down at the Provisions Building. Before it burst open into splintered wood and what could only be described as a giant appeared from it and without missing a beat ran out of the area, jumping over the walls with ease.

"It's Carrying Something!" Haku shouted from the Tower and all breath left my body.

----------------------------------

Author's Note: Still alive but gods know how, It's midnight as I am writing this after finishing editing and brushing up on prose for later chapters and I definitely need some water so I'm gonna go do that after I'm finished uploading, hope all of you are remaining better hydrated than my dumb self.

I adore writing chapters like this, just banter in the beginning lol followed by Asura's ill thoughts on his previous life.

I'm working on getting some more Beastiaries of the mythological variety on the Patreon but well life's an opera and I'm tone deaf, I'll keep trying though! Join if any of you wanna read ahead or support me.

Welp I'm definitely parched, remember to drink water guys.

Hope everyone has a Nice Day/Night. I'm gonna enjoy sleeping on a mattress for the last time for the next 2 or 3 weeks after I get some water, it's already about to be 1:30 AM lol.

3