Vol.1 Chapter 4 – The Demise Of A Familiy
2.4k 14 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.
Kurt Cobain
 
Our beloved Mistress does not fall into excesses. She is always benevolent.
Sister Eva, indoctrinational class at the academy

 

My visit to the Adventurers Guild was ... different. Not in any way what I expected in the least.

Mariette opened the door and I entered. The entrance hall looked more like a beer tent than anything else. All conversations fell silent. All eyes were on me. A shout from many throats rang out to me.

"Fresh meat! Customers for you Becca!"

Without further delay, the adventurers present turned back to their pursuits.

Just different.

 

Becca at the front desk was very efficient. She rattled off each item and noted our responses. She presented the completed sheets to us and we pressed our thumbs into a blob of sealing wax.

"That's about it. Through this door is the grading. Here are the guild badges. Open orders are posted or can be obtained from me. Payment for a completed order is available from Nina at the other counter. Good luck, adventurers!" and went on to another task.

 

I looked at Mariette doubtfully. She just shrugged her shoulders, too. On to grading. Whatever.

Behind the door were several target dolls. A man sat bored at a table, pointing at the dolls.

"Show what you can do and knock them out."

He probably meant we should fight the dolls. I sighed and spoke:

<Fireball>

<Icicle>

 

I smashed the third doll with a punch.

Mariette threw her dagger at three dolls in succession.

"Melee Mage C rank and Rogue E rank. Welcome to the guild. If you want an update on your rank just tell Becca. Goodbye."

 

"Um, that was enlightening, Milady." - "And different, Mariette. Let's go see the guildmaster. I have plans for tonight."

Becca didn't ask why I wanted to see the Guildmaster. She used a magic artifact and informed him. Once he agreed we were led to his office.

 

Guildmaster Kul Good was a demi-human, a bear man. Of rather impressive stature.

 

"Ambassador Lady Laura. Welcome to the Adventurers Guild. What can I do for you today? Would you like to place an order?" And he was very accommodating.

"Thank you very much Guild Master. Your staff is organized beyond all expectations. My respects. Unfortunately, I have other duties today and can only stay for a short time. I am currently facing a nuisance and would like to clarify something. What is the guild's position on blood feuds? Is it neutral or can one or even both parties place an order against the other?"

"I see you are wasting no time, Ambassador. For several considerations besides, in the event of a blood feud, the guild will remain neutral and will not allow either party to place guild orders. None at all. May I ask which party you are in blood feud with? I must confess, although any blood feud must be reported to the guild immediately, just to be able to be neutral, I have not heard of any blood feuds. Becca, to my office!"

"It is the de Fawkes, Guildmaster. Guy and Hilbert apparently see the family honor tarnished after I beat up Jamaine in the palace yesterday. An assassin tried his luck on me a few hours ago."

"The de Fawkes? The family actually has a reputation for being careless in guild matters. Becca, are there any orders currently running from de Fawkes family members, servants, or retainers?"

"Guy de Fawkes has a surveillance job on Ambassador Lady Laura and wants to know where she is. Report every hour. The Count de Fawkes wants to know everything about her background. Jamaine de Fawkes has placed an order of bodyguards. And Trabain de Fawkes wants to know what body measurements the ambassador has with special interest on her chest circumference. All orders have been registered this morning at 10:00. Each order has been accepted and is active. The guild has not been informed that there is a blood feud between the ambassador and the family. I will culpably cancel all orders and freeze the de Fawkes family's funds with the guild. All guild members will be immediately informed of the blood feud and no more orders will be accepted from the de Fawkes family for a period of 2 years. Is that all, guild master?"

"Thank you, that is all, Becca."

"Ambassador, it appears that the de Fawkes family has been at fault in violating Guild rules. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

"Thank you for your candor, Guildmaster. In the event that guild members do not back down from their assignments, how should I proceed? Frankly speaking, I will not hold back if I see my life or the lives of my subordinates threatened." - "If the guild members do not withdraw immediately after you inform them of the blood feud, likely to be the case with Jamaine de Fawkes, you are within your rights to proceed in any manner you see fit, Ambassador Lady Laura. I would ask that you take non-lethal action if possible. But in the end, if the worst comes to the worst, you are in the right."

 

"Thank you very much, Guildmaster. And goodbye." - "Ambassador."

 

Off to Les Beautes Onereuses. I have to give the cook instructions for my breakfast before I can go out dancing.

 

"Mariette, do you know where the de Fawkes estate is and approximately how many people are there?"

" Milady, the mansion is easy to find. I can guide you. How many people I cannot say exactly. About 10 family members, 50 servants and guards plus 10 retainers. If Jamaine has hired additional adventurers as guards, they will be added as well. Perhaps 80 to 100 people, Milady." - " Exquisite. Do you know where we can buy 150 shackles that even mages can't open, Mariette?" - "Yes, Milady. Every slave trader has such a supply on hand. 1 gold per collar, Milady. - "Slave collars? You're full of surprises, Mariette. Lead the way. We're going shopping."

 

I was aroused. Sexually aroused. The thought of slaves made me randy. My list grew one item longer. But first, I pulled myself together. The collars, the cook, a bath, and then the de Fawkes.

 

The slave trader was ... urgh ... slippery? Well, not proverbially. He was clean washed if that's what you're thinking. As soon as he started talking it was as if someone raised a big poster over his head with the inscription USED CAR DEALER. It was not a pleasant feeling.

After I threw a heavy bag of gold coins on the table he was beyond helpful. He was a big obliging smile on two legs. Within a very short time he brought me 150 collars. After some deliberation, in an unguarded moment, I threw the slave collars into my inventory . It would have looked too suspicious to carry them all open.

 

Mariette was disappointed. I couldn't let that happen.

"Mariette, why don't you pick out ten more collars that you like? You can show me how they look later. On Guy and Jamaine." my suggestion met great approval from her.

I couldn't resist mentioning "If you like, you're welcome to show me how good they look on you too, Mariette. Exciting I could imagine." My words brought a charming blush to her cheeks. "Yes, Milady. Thank you, Milady."

 

The function of the collars was amazingly simple. A drop of the owner's blood on the plaque in the band, add some magic, and the wearer would obey all commands. Of the owner, that is. In this case, me. Removing the collar was also only possible for me. Simple.

 

I HAD to figure out how the whole thing worked. One item for the list.

 

I apologized to the used car dealer that I did not have time to inspect his two-legged goods. After presenting my credentials as a voting member of the trade guild, he was very generous in making an appointment with me in the next few days. After I had a little more leisure.

 

Mariette was allowed to carry the ten luxury collars in her briefcase. I corrected her posture with a little encouragement of my freshly acquired crop on her delicate buttocks. It was an impulse buy. Just before the checkout. And yes it satisfied my hedonism.

"Proper posture, Mariette! Stand up straight, look straight ahead, chest out!" - "Ah! Yes, Milady. At your service, Milady." - "Good girl. Keep it up and you'll earn yourself another reward, Mariette." - "Oh yes, Milady!" Hmmm - Yum!

 

Arriving at Les Beautes Onereuses, another delay was in wait. Basically, 3 delays. The relief of my escort had arrived. Right on time. 17:35. Indeed.

 

Pleasantly, Corporal Ritte and her two colleagues had already returned from the palace. I could delegate.

"Lance Corporal Ritte, inform your relief of what has occurred. I will instruct the staff to serve them dinner. As soon as I've discussed my business for tomorrow with the chef, I'll join you all and we'll discuss how to proceed. Dismissed to grab dinner!" - "At your service, Milady Ambassador!"

 

The chef was a woman and not thrilled that I wanted to invade her realm like a vandal. Gratingly, however, she bowed to the dictates of my will. After all, I had already paid a top price and expected top service from the staff at Les Beautes Onereuses.

She was skeptical. The simplicity of my recipe and preparation made her somewhat conciliatory.

So and so much flour, some sugar and salt, water, a cube of something crumbly. Stir together, leave covered in the kitchen for an hour, knead again and divide into three equal-sized loaves, off to the oven, bake for about an hour and then let cool.

No fancy stuff, simplicity is the trump card. There will be time for the finer art later.

Oddly enough, I somehow felt better after seeing the steaming loaves of bread coming out of the stove.

 

Tomorrow for breakfast I expected to be served the bread. And I had at least one guest. Charl.

 

It wasn't until hours later that I would realize what I had done. Cliché cooking in the isekai! ARGH! Accursed gods!

 

I dispatched Mariette to my rooms to prepare the bath and deal with the three new arrivals.

Lance Corporal Ritte had already informed her replacement about the problem of the blood feud, that Edward had been filled in, and the involvement of Guy de Fawkes.

 

The three new guards were visibly uncomfortable. So I sent them to Sergeant Munn to resume their duties normally. After all, I was only planning to enjoy a bath. And maybe, if I was in the mood, I might go out for a bit. For a dance.

 

Mariette's backside greeted me as I entered. She stood bent over my bath and the sight made my blood boil.

"Those pants look great on you, Mariette. Do you like them?" - "Thank you, Milady. Yes very much, Milady."

"It's time for my bath, Mariette. I see everything is already prepared. Take off your clothes! Then you will help me undress." - "Right away, Milady. At your service, Milady."

Unlike yesterday, undressing was much easier for her. What a little bit of training wouldn't accomplish.

 

My nipples felt awfully dirty. And you should have felt her nipples first. They were just standing straight up with dirt. I must have had to use my hands and fingers with soap for a good fifteen minutes to get everything clean. My whispered reproaches how dirty she was confirmed Mariette with guilty moans and sighs.

Out of the tub and rubbed dry, I explained to Mariette two postures I would expect of her if she had nothing to do and was waiting for me.

First, I had her stand up straight. Look straight ahead, slightly relaxed posture and arms parallel to each other behind her back. Very easy to remember. I mentioned that this would be basic posture number one. She seemed to like my praise.

For the second position I threw a soft pillow on the floor and commanded "Kneel down on the pillow! Open your thighs so that your knees are still on the pillow. Upper body straight, chest out. Keep your eyes down on the floor in front of you. Hands behind your back again."

"You're doing very well, Mariette." I praised again and named this position as Basic Posture 2.

 

Hmmmm - it was time to get me in "the mood" for our "outing".

 

I tenderly stroked her head. My fingers gently slid through her curls. "Mariette, I need your "oral" services." and placed myself close to her face. "Indulge me with your mouth, my Mariette."

What a treat! The little minx did her thing WELL. I just could not help myself and praised her in the highest tones. Loudly. Oh yes, I "came" very much in "mood." Downright triumphant. Loud and strong.

 

Mariette was delighted with my praise. "Thank you, Milady. At your service, Milady."

As a small reward, she was allowed to try the collar she liked best. It did indeed make a slender neck.

After we changed back into our uniforms, I took out the other 150 collars from my inventory.

"Oh Milady have an inventory! That's some serious magic, Milady. That's a great achievement, Milady."

 

The inventory is known but rare? Good to know.

 

The tiresome procedure of dripping my blood on the collar was painful. 150 repetitions and regular pricking with a needle pushed me to the limits of my patience.

My "mood" was perfect for a trip to the de Fawkes after that. If my desire had been to take out my frustration on the family. But a Klingon wisdom already said "revenge is a dish best served cold."

 

Advantageously for me, Mariette had yet to practice her basic posture 2. Her service was again exquisite. And I praised her again. Loud and strong.

 

Shortly after midnight, we set out. What better time than the witching hour to end a blood feud?

It should be known that in the Middle Ages there were five established ways to storm a well-fortified castle.

 

Through tunnels.

Through walking towers.

Through catapults.

Through hunger.

And by treachery.

 

Even the best defended fortresses fell after two years at the most.

 

Well, I didn't have two years. No siege equipment. Didn't know anyone at the de Fawkes who could be bribed.

But the estate was not a well-fortified castle and I was not from the Middle Ages.

 

I chose the modern way.

With some thought - and learning from the failures of others - I adjusted the invisibility spell.

All and all wavelengths of light were bent around us. Any light emanating from us was stored in my inventory. All sound waves and vibrations emanating from us were damped so that nothing could be perceived after 5 meters. I had to make a certain compromise otherwise I would not have been able to talk to Mariette.

 

I didn't know at first how to solve the problem of seeing something myself when all the light around me was bent. Shamefully, I could not think of a physical solution. Until I remembered the trick with the vampire heartbeat locator and the head-up display.

It's a bit embarrassing for an engineer but I had everything around me displayed as simple computer graphics. Imagine VR. With a Wee. I was about to pat myself on the back for my ingenuity.

 

Until I shamefully turned up the resolution to 32K, making the display look virtually real. Mariette didn't notice any difference.

Pride comes before a fall. It was really embarrassing. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

 

No one saw us leave. No one saw us go onto the estate.

Well, I could have just walked around and assassinated everything that moved. Ok, everything that moves was not necessary. The four adult men were enough.

Search and destroy. In, kill and out again and nobody knows what happened. Blood feud over.

But I was in MOOD. I wanted to treat myself to some virtuosity.

In the middle of the mansion I stopped and watched the various guards, scattered servants and the bodyguards of the Adventurers Guild. Partly walking around or sitting somewhere.

 

It bothered me quite a bit that the adventurers were here. Some interrogations were looming. Afterwards.

 

<Drop the oxygen level continuously to half every minute within 15 minutes from a radius of 5 m around this position up to a radius of 300 m. Then normalize the oxygen content back to the old value within 15 minutes.>

 

We watched relaxed as one by one the "lights" went out. Within an hour, we had decorated everyone on the property with a collar. Except for the adventurers. They sat comfortably where they dozed off. I was curious.

 

Some strategically placed water awakened the spirits of my guild mates.

"Slept in, ladies and gentlemen? I'd be interested to know what you are all doing here. Are you here privately?"

"That's her! The woman de Fawkes wants! She's alone. Easy gold." My fellow adventurers cheered. But alas, I had to give them a chance.

"You are aware, aren't you, that the de Fawkes have declared a blood feud against me? The guild rules are quite clear on that as the guildmaster explained to me just a few hours ago."

Most of the adventurers exhaled dejectedly after that. No gold for your wasted time. Sorry.

 

There were three of them who didn't care about guild rules. I pulled the trigger of my pistol three times. Three shots lingered across the mansion, waking everyone who wasn't already awake. Three lifeless bodies fell to the ground in the dust.

 

Defeated 2 enemies Lvl 8, gained 6000 EXP

Defeated 1 enemy Lvl 7, gained 2500 EXP

Level 1 reached

Level 2 reached

Level 3 reached

I'm really not sure how I should feel.

 

"Fellow adventurers, your presence here is no longer needed. The orders were still canceled by the guild yesterday and I recommend you speak with Becca. Our 3 former colleagues can stay here, I will collect the belongings later. Have a nice day and to good collaboration!"

 

I am unsure to this day what shocked my colleagues more. My gun, my lack of inhibition, or my polite demeanor.  The fact is, everyone made an effort to get out of my vicinity quickly.

 

Except for the three corpses, of course, which remained where they had fallen.

 

The rest of the estate's inhabitants rushed frantically into the courtyard to find out what had happened.

I took pity on them and ended the wild confusion with a gruff "SILENCE! STAND STILL!"

The collars worked magic. Well, literally and also figuratively.

There was no sound to be heard and no movement to be seen.

 

I had finished the souped-up invisibility spell before waking the adventurers. In exchange, I reactivated my vampire heartbeat locator. On my tour of the house, I actually found hidden two more invisibles and 15 slaves of various races in the basement.

One of the invisibles turned out to be the little pervert, Trabain. The other was a second assassin. Somehow, both had been clever enough not to run into the courtyard and had camouflaged themselves instead. However, they both could not move after my command.

The slaves in the basement would not have obeyed my orders, and neither could I remove their current collars nor put on my own collars in addition. Tricky puzzle.

All the slaves were demi-humans, but female. And they all looked very appetizing.

 

My question, "Who can take your collars off?" was met with obvious astonishment. "Anyone of the de Fawkes is authorized to give us orders and can take the collars off."

Mariette informed me that the owner can also give a slave to someone else. Excellent. Mariette was very helpful. I kissed her lightly on her lips as a reward.

 

The 15 women had to wait in the basement until I got someone from the de Fawkes. I promised, however, that all 15 would have the opportunity to witness the downfall of the de Fawkes.

Now that I had gathered all my slaves in the courtyard, I began to put things in order. Mariette's estimate was quite accurate. We had 85 people standing in the yard. 65 drops of blood more than I would have needed. Cursed axe.

 

"Listen up! The de Fawkes family lines up behind me. Starting with the Count. With some distance right beside them in a row the retainers. The servants line up opposite the family in 2 rows of 5, men on the right and women on the left. The guards line up to the left in rows of 10, the women in front. Execute and fall in!"

 

It actually took 5 minutes for everyone to stand to my liking. And it was not that I had not given clear instructions.

"The Count follows me. The rest: quiet and stand at attention!" There is something about a well-ordered formation.

 

The Count de Fawkes visibly unwillingly transferred his slaves to me as property. His own slave collar, however, left him no choice. After seeing the effectiveness of this magic, I increased the priority of finding out exactly how it worked and how to protect myself from it. The thought of having to wear such a collar myself and someone else holding my leash was uncomfortable. Yes quite hypocritical of me. Nevertheless true.

 

Now proud mistress of another 15 picture-perfect, sweet, cute slave girls, all 16 followed me back outside the building.

 

"Count, back to your position! And you girls, line up behind me."

"What now, are you all pondering? Now I'm going to try to wring a little fun out of this affair. So, just to be sure. You will all answer each of my questions truthfully and completely. You will not omit anything that might be important to me. Who did not understand this instruction?"

 

Silence.

 

"First, the little pervert. Trabain, step into the middle. Mariette, Trabain wanted to know my body measurements from the guild, especially the size of my tits. Please do Trabain the pleasure and explain to him what he will miss."

"Yes, Milady. Milady has an athletic, muscular figure with a height of 175 cm. Milady's weight is 59 kg with a small waist of 51 cm, a firm butt and hips of 85 cm and very firm breasts with a cup size of 65C. Your breasts are wonderful to hold and it is a great privilege and pleasure to be able to touch them, Milady."

It seemed like a wet dream come true for Trabain. Little pervert.

"Excellent, Mariette. Now tell me, Trabain, was it all worth it for you?"

"Hehehe, oh yes, I love perky tits. My father promised me I could play with them before he killed you, mistress."

"So he did. Well, there will be no more tits for you in this world. Au revoir, Trabain. Say goodbye to your parents."

"Goodbye!"  I drew my pistol aimed at his head and pulled the trigger.

 

I decided to ignore the quite useless system messages. At least for now. They were not really helpful. Especially when slaughtering the baby seals during the blood feud. Not that I start next and count the hits. Gross.

 

"Jamaine, we haven't seen each other in a long time. Get in the middle next to your brother!"

"Now Jamaine, how did Edward punish you for your behavior toward me?"

"He called me an idiot and threw me out of the palace. I was told to stay away from the witch and keep my mouth shut until the dust had settled, mistress" Edward, Edward, what am I going to do with you?

"Yes, that worked out well. Bon voyage, Jamaine. Say goodbye to your parents."

"Goodbye!" Sighing, I pulled out my pistol, lined it up, and pulled the trigger. Jamaine lay down to rest beside his brother.

 

"Guy. Stand in the middle next to your brothers. Time for your performance."

"Well, Guy, all I really wanted was a couple of escorts from the city guard to make sure what's going on here didn't happen. Too bad, I guess. So you sent assassins to kill me and you were going to pin it on the guards?"

"After I heard about what you did to Jamaine, I contacted the Assassins Guild and hired five assassins. Your insolence in dictating a schedule with me was unbearable. No woman should dare to oppose the de Fawkes. My father wanted to make you our plaything after the king threw you out of the palace, mistress."

 

Five assassins? Another thing I had to take care of. But I could ask directly.

 

"Who were the five assassins, Guy. How did you contact the assassins guild?

"I don't know any names. I left a message at the dead drop as usual and the assassins came to me for details and payment, mistress."

"Was it your idea to hand over only 95 gold pieces instead of 100, Guy?"

"Yes. We always do it that way, after all, the idiots can't count, mistress."

"The present assassin into the center to Guy!"

 

Guy looked a little pale. Understandable, assassins may not be able to count but listening is another matter entirely.

"At your service, mistress."

"Well, hmm assassin will do. What do you think about the de Fawkes family bamboozling you every time?"

"As soon as it becomes known, the guild will tear their beating hearts out. No one betrays the Assassins Guild with impunity, mistress."

"I would think so, too. Who are your colleagues that are out to get me?"

"I don't know. Only the boss knows names, mistress."

"How do people contact you, and will the other assassins stop trying to kill me now?"

"Just drop a bloody gold coin in the cup of some beggar. Once an assassin has accepted gold he will continue until he is dead, mistress."

That means I have to put four more assassins six feet under. Edward was certainly too stupid to kill the one I delivered on the tray.

"Thank you, Mr. Assassin. Say goodbye!"

"Goodbye." My bullet ended any further communication in this life.

"Guy, Bonne Chance. Say goodbye to your parents!"

"Goodbye!"  I still had my gun in my hand and pulled the trigger.

 

"The Count de Fawkes. Get in the middle!" By now it was a bit crowded there after all.

"So, Count, how exactly were you going to capture me and what was going to happen to me?"

"The Les Beautes Onereuses belongs to me. On my instructions, the manager was to spike your food with sleeping potions so we could collect you. The assassins were basically just distractions. The king should have had you flogged for your insolence to my son and my family's honor. The weakling instead threw you out the door and dismissed my son from his hard-bought position in the palace guard. I would have made you my plaything until my sons grew tired of you. Then we would have left you to the guards once more before disemboweling you, mistress."

"Thrilling and exciting. Tell me Count, was it your idea to declare a blood feud on me? And why didn't you inform the guild or Edward?"

"The blood feud was my wife's idea, she doesn't allow a woman to humiliate her children. Once you were in captivity, no one could have done anything. You would have disappeared and only your corpse would have reappeared eventually, mistress."

 

The countess? Interesting.

 

"Which families in the kingdom are your allies?"

"We have no allies only underlings. Most families fear us and submit to us, mistress." If you weren't such a stupid asshole, you'd have potential.

"Count, go and enumerate to my aide what orders of murder you and your family have commissioned. Make a list of all the businesses, goods, merchandise, accounts and hideouts the de Fawkes family has. Answer her every other question she asks you as if I asked it."

 

"Virga de Fawkes. Stand in the middle. I need you to answer some questions for me."

The Countess de Fawkes looked like a typical cold, haughty noblewoman aware of her power and doggedly defending her position. What a shame, it would have been fun to dominate and break a MILF. But the blood feud was a no go.

"Countess. Explain to me about the blood feud."

"After my sister the Queen, I am the highest ranking noble in Nuldur. As long as no duchess comes to town, I am the most influential woman. Any person who threatens my status must die. The other women made fun of me after you humiliated Jamaine. You should have wriggled at his feet as you should have, mistress."

"Regrettable. What family were you before you married Hilbert and will that family or the queen do anything against me if you don't survive the blood feud?"

"I and my sister are daughters of the Duke de Halond. If anything happens to me, my father will swear vengeance. My sister will convince the king to kill you, mistress."

 

I couldn't help it, I just had to laugh "In any case Edward will try and his bozos will screw it up. After that he'll have to pour even more gold into my pockets."

"Tell me Virga, how did you deal with those 15 lovely young ladies that were hidden in the basement?"

"I humiliated, beat and drove those beasts to work where I could, mistress."

 

Hmm, apparently I couldn't kill her. At least not during the blood feud with the de Fawkes.

It's plan B then, a MILF to play with.

 

"Tell me Virga, when was the last time you got your ass really pounded with a riding crop?"

"Never, Mistress." - "There's always a first time, Virga. Have your daughters help you take off your clothes, when you are naked bend over in front and clasp your ankles. Then you report ready for your first flogging and ask me for a hard implementation. Execute!"

 

Mariette was still talking to the count. There must have been some accumulation.

 

"Constie de Fawkes, Felia de Fawkes, and Sale de Lienche. I would express my sympathy for the loss of husband and fiancé, respectively, if I were not the cause of that loss. The Count de Fawkes, however, by his own words, does not think so kindly of your parents' families.

I have nothing against the families de Ganason, de Keintt and de Lienche. So if the two widows and the young lady answer me a few questions I can quickly decide what to do with you. Which of you wants to take revenge on me for the death of your husband or fiancé?"

The silence told me all I needed to know.

"Do any of you three want to go back to your families?"

Sale de Lienche and Felia de Keintt spoke up, "I want to go back to my family, mistress."

"Constie, what do you want?" - "I want to stay with you, mistress!"

"Stand with your fifteen sisters, Constie. As soon as Virga is ready you will have a place at the front row."

"Yes, mistress. Thank you, mistress."

 

I took Sale and Felia's collars from them and offered "Miss de Lienche, Mrs. de Fawkes would you like to stay here any longer or would you like me to arrange for them to join their families?"

"Oh Ambassador Lady Laura, I would love to stay until the end. I think history is being made tonight. And I would love to see that snake Virga de Fawkes punished."

Sale was a bit intimidated, poor thing, she just nodded vigorously to Felia's words.

We didn't have to wait much longer until Virga tearfully announced "Mistress, I am ready for my punishment. I ask for a hard implementation, mistress."

 

I'm afraid after this night no one will think you are the most influential woman in town.

She had to count each stroke, thank me for it and ask for one more. Sixteen for my girls and two for Sale and Felia.

 

"Felie, Bilie. What am I going to do with you people? I can't very well send you to your family. That leaves me with only 2 options. Option A you both have a fiancé and he wants you to stay or option B you accompany your mother. So which door do you want to go through?"

"We would like to join our fiancés please, father has already paid our dowry and we think we will be well received. Our new families will not cause you any trouble, mistress."

 

Door number 1 it is!

 

"Excellent. Tomorrow morning I will inform your fiancées that they can pick you up later today. I will remove the collars as soon as I hand you over. Return to your positions."

 

The next batch was the retainers. No rest for the wicked villainess.

"So now to you retainers. Is anyone loyal to the de Fawkes? Are any of you going to give me trouble after this blood feud?"

One man came forward "I am loyal to the Count de Fawkes. My family has always sworn allegiance to the de Fawkes, mistress."

"Do you have a wife? Children?"

"No, mistress." I parted with another bullet.

"You other nine can pack your things tomorrow morning. Around noon, I'll remove your collars."

 

Mariette beckoned me with a whole bundle of notes that Hilbert had finished confessing. Time to come to the end. Every party is over once, isn't it girls? Fortunately, this time I didn't have to clean up the mess myself.

 

"Hilbert. Why don't you stand next to your sons? Say goodbye!"

"Goodbye!" The echo of the pistol shot rolled along between the walls.

 

A message popped up in my mind's eye:

 

Quest Blood Feud with the de Fawkes completed. Condition: Kill every adult male member of the de Fawkes. Bonus ... blahblahblupp! Experience gained ... level up ...

 

Stupid GODS! What a scrambled turd.

This cursed "system" was sooooo broken.

 

I ordered the male guards and servants in front of the entrance on the road to erect gallows and hang the corpses there. The news would spread by itself. This was easier than distributing leaflets.  If the printing press was known here at all.

After that, all the guards were to aggressively patrol the grounds and drive out, capture, or simply kill anyone who did not have permission from me or Mariette. Visitors were to be informed that they could make an appointment with me through Mariette.

The servants were to perform their usual duties and clean up the mess I had made, but not leave the estate. I would decide their fate in the course of the next few days.

 

Felie, Belie, Felia and Sale were allowed to go to their rooms and think about what they wanted to take with them. Meaning belongings slash clothes.  I am sadistic - not cruel.

The families still had to be notified. But that's what I had my aide for.

I parked Virga in one of the cells in the basement. Her first beating had taken a bit out of her. And she would recover faster in a nice cell.

 

It was a long night. 4:00 in the morning. I had to get to bed.

 

And i ignored the system messages.

51