Watching Over You (12)
804 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later, the cast was released. And as expected, Kirin got the role of Li Yun and when Kirin looked at the list of names, he also saw Kincade’s name.

He auditioned too? Why? Kirin wondered then smiled. Arthur Fame.

A day after the cast was released, the directors and producers called for a meeting with the cast so everyone could be introduced. And it was during this time period that Kincade and Kirin did not meet. It was not because they did not want to, but rather they’ve both been very busy with their schedules, especially Kincade.

When they finally saw each other again, they would both greet each other professionally.

After the main and supporting cast sat around the conference table and introduced themselves, they began going through the script, reading their lines. 

Each actor and actress read through their lines, getting into their character; there were times when someone stumbled and they all just laughed it off. After all, it was still just the first day of script reading. 

The directors and producers followed along intensely, deciding whether what could be further enhanced or changed. Overall, the script reading process was smooth sailing with no mishaps, and surprisingly, everyone showed up. 

Later that day after they were done with everything, Kirin received a text message from Kincade, telling him to meet him outside of the Millennium Gardens at 5 pm to do some more script reading.

But didn’t we just meet to do a read through? Kirin thought for a moment. Perhaps he’s anxious to see me? A smile appeared on Kirin’s face. He has not felt this way in a long, long time, excluding the first world.

When he finally arrived, he rang the doorbell. In less than a second, the door opened.What greeted him was a man exuding pheromones who had just gotten out of the shower with a towel draped on his head down to his neck dressed in sweat joggers. The gleam in Kincade’s eyes could not be hidden.

“Come in,” Kincade made way for Kirin.

“I’ve said before that if you don’t dry your hair properly, you’re going to get a cold,” Kirin remarked as his eyes quickly glazed over Kincade’s left shoulder. There was no birthmark. It has been covered.

Kincade closed the door, locking it behind Kirin. “Then dry it for me.”

===

Although they ended their previous interaction on a hanging, mysterious note and have not interacted directly since then, the atmosphere around them was not as awkward as one would have thought it out to be.

Sitting on the couch, Kirin had Kincade sit on the soft rug in between his legs as he gently dried Kincade’s hair. As Kirin was doing that, Kincade was going through the whole script. Although it looked like Kincade was diligently looking through the script, he was actually very focused on the way Kirin dried his hair and gently massaged his scalp. It felt so good and relaxing. 

There was even soft music playing in the background as if they were in a very fancy restaurant. The atmosphere around them was very nice and calming. Somewhat romantic too. 

“There. I’m done drying your hair,” said Kirin as he placed the towel around Kincade’s neck. 

Kincade turned around and looked up to Kirin. Before anything was said, Kincade moved and rested the side of his head on Kirin’s knee.

Kirin was slightly startled. “I thought I came here to do a read-through, not be your pillow,” he joked with a hint of laughter.

Kincade smiled, “You can do both.”

Kirin chuckled at his remark and subconsciously ran his fingers through Kincade’s wet locks.

Kincade reluctantly broke away from Kirin and said, “Let’s get started.”

===

Although it was just a script read through, they both took it very seriously like professionals. They analyzed their lines, broke down their characters to the core like a puzzle, trying to figure out who they were as a person. They also didn’t forget to take breaks and enjoy each other’s companies.

This went on for about 3 hours. After that, they both decided to have dinner. Cooking their own dinner, they made something simple; chicken and shrimp carbonara pasta. It was delicious and savory.

When they finished dinner and cleaning, it was already ten at night.

“It’s getting late. I should head back to my place,” Kirin said as he began gathering his things. 

“You can stay the night. I have a guest room you can use.”

Kirin just looked back to Kincade with a smile. “Is this your way of accepting my flirtations?”

Kincade said nothing.

Unlocking the door and walking out, Kirin just smiled at Kincade, “Goodnight, Kincade.

===

From that moment forward, they still frequently met up, but it was clear to see that the distance between them had grown. Mainly on Kincade’s part. Kirin still pursued the man, but since he loved Kincade very much, he gave Kincade the space he needed. Every time they accidentally touched one another, fingers brushing up against each other’s skin, the fire within Kirin would burn as he ached and longed for his beloved’s touch and love. But Kirin was patient. He was willing to wait.

After months of rehearsals, physical training, and script reading, the filming process began along with promotional pictures to build up the audience.

Because Kirin had a minor role, he was rarely on the set, but whenever he was, he was always so magnetic with a charismatic gentleman-like attitude. He even memorized the names of the staff members and other cast members.

When he finally got a manager, he was ecstatic. Linda Welms; Efficient with a bubbly personality and she was someone who was easy to talk to. Although he did not need the help, she helped him arrange his work schedule around his school hours in order for him to still be able to go to school, do homework, do whatever job offers they had, and get enough sleep… well, get enough sleep most of the time.

===

“Is there something going on between you and Mr. Orrs?” Linda suddenly struck up the question.

“There’s just something going on between you guys. I can feel it. Whenever you’re not looking, he sneaks glances at you; whenever he’s not looking, it’s you who’s stealing glances,” Linda smirked from the driver’s seat as they were on their way to the filming set. 

Kirin just gave a light chuckle, but he did not respond. Of course he has noticed the glances Kincade’s been giving him. He could see the anxiousness and hesitation within Kincade’s eyes. But why? What was he afraid of? Was it perhaps Kincade’s first time being pursued by a man? Kirin sighed. That might be one of the reasons but would someone’s preference really change from world to world? Kirin pondered about this. But then he remembered. In the first world, Jin did like women as well. Perhaps Kincade’s bisexual but has never openly declared himself in this world? The thoughts were endless.

Feeling a headache coming on, Kirin decided to clear his mind for the rest of the ride.

Arriving on set, he was greeted by many of the crew members and co-stars. Today, they will be shooting one of the most important scenes from the film. Li Yun and Arthur’s reunion after thousands of years later in the modern 21st century. Li Yun was a man lost in time. Thus explains why Kirin was dressed in ancient-styled clothing compared to everyone else.

The apocalypse has already begun; the Fallen God was on the verge of being reborn and Li Yun was finally reunited with the 99th reincarnations of the Guardians. 

“Ready, set, ACTION!”

***

The ground rumbled and cracked as the Fallen God, the size of Godzilla, wreaked havoc among the city as the Guardians did all they could to stop him. The Fallen God had a demon-like appearance with smoke coming out of its mouth as a hazy orange glow lit up at the back of his throat every time it opened its mouth and roared. 

While some were fighting against the Fallen God, others were helping the people evacuate.

“Get everyone to safety!” Arthur yelled as he carried a crying child in his arms.

“I can only take a certain amount of people at a time!” John, the Ox Guardian, replied back having shaped shift into a large grey wolf that carried 25 people on his back at once.

Soaring jets could be heard in the sky. They all glanced up. The military force has sent reinforcements! The Air Force! Blasting all of their missiles and bullets at the Demon Supreme, yet he refused to fall. The city was on fire and in chaos!

“We need all Guardians to attack the Fallen God at once! Leave the evacuation to the military. They need our powers!” Lillian, the Rabbit Guardian, yelled out.

Handing the child off to a soldier, Arthur ran after the Fallen God. He was exceptionally fast and ran up alongside the falling building in order to reach the Fallen God. Landing on one of the tallest buildings that had yet to fall, Arthur summoned his crimson bow. Embroidered along the bow was a crest of a Horse’s head. Arthur Fame was the Stallion Guardian. 

He condensed his spiritual energy and created a glowing string which then attached itself to the bow. Drawing back the string, he chanted a spell. A surge of energy swirled around him to form the transparent arrow. It glowed brighter and brighter as three rings of smaller arrows formed in front of him. With his eye on the target, he finished the spell and released the massive arrow with the smaller ones. They soared through the air, creating piercing cries. 

Sensing the danger, the Fallen God whipped around and swung its monstrous tail, flicking debris to take on the attack. But that did not stop the arrows. The tiny arrows ricocheted off one another and still pierced through to the Fallen God. They were like tiny missiles with a locked target. They would never miss. And as for the big arrow, none of that was enough to stop it. 

Upon its impact to the Fallen God’s chest, the arrow exploded and created a smoke mushroom. The Fallen God roared as it emerged from the mushroom cloud, pulling itself out with one arm. It had lost half of its body; it has been weakened yet it continued to persist. 

The others continuously attacked the fallen Fallen God. Seeing that he was standing no chance, the Fallen God roared up to the sky, causing everyone to cover their ears. 

Suddenly, the ground shook and cracks opened to reveal the underworld full of demons. The Fallen God had just opened the portal to allow the demons from the underworld to appear. After summoning its minions, the Fallen God’s body glowed as it levitated into the air and curled itself into a glowing ball as silk spun around its large body- a cocoon to be more exact.

As soon as the Guardians saw this, their face expressions turned dark. It was on the verge of being reborn as a Demon Supreme!!

“ATTACK!!!! Attack it now before the rebirth is complete!!!!!!!” one of the guardians shouted with urgency.

Each time an attack made an impact upon the cocoon, the cocoon would repair itself. 

“HOW IRRITATING!!”

Every Guardian attacked simultaneously, yet the cocoon continued to repair itself. Within the cocoon, there was a light that was emitted from the center. The light pulsed steadily like a heartbeat. Each time the light flashed, it illuminated the silhouette of the Fallen God, reflecting an image of a fetus within its mother’s womb.

Suddenly, the hair on everyone’s back spiked. The Guardians all sensed the same thing. Something was approaching them. All the Guardians turned around and saw a youthful and handsome young man. Inky black hair that was tied into a high ponytail with wisps of strands flowing across his face. His unforgettable peach blossom-shaped eyes with a beauty mark at the tail end of his right eyebrow. But his eyes no longer held the light as they did thousands of years ago. They have all been reincarnated with the memories of their predecessors, and at this moment, all of the reincarnations knew right away - Li Yun had been alive all this time. Li Yun was dressed up in his attire from his dynasty; to him, he was a man lost in time.

And within his arms, was the unconscious Fuyu. Everyone’s expressions turned dark as they rushed back to save her, after all, she was the Dragon Guardian they’ve been waiting for all this time! But before they even made it to where Li Yun stood, he gently knelt down and laid her down on the broken pavement, backing away to give her space. 

All the Guardians arrived and guarded Fuyu as if she was some kind of precious treasure and he was some kind of horrid monster. The truth of what Li Yun had done has not yet been revealed, so at this very moment, they only saw Li Yun as a murderer and an exile. 

When Arthur looked over to Li Yun, Li Yun had been staring at him with the saddest eyes that were no longer alive. On his lips, the slightest smile that made Arthur’s heart ache. These people here were once Li Yun’s most trusted friends. But now they were standing on the opposite ends. Broken ties that could no longer be amended.

“It’s been a long time, Urie. Or should I call you Arthur Fame?”

“Li Yun.”

Thunder clapped and lightning struck. During this estranged reunion, rain fell from the sky.

 

31