Watching Over You (3)
1.4k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This went on for the next three weeks. And it was within these three weeks that Kirin had accomplished his goal of befriending Bryce. Kirin was over 24/7 whether it was a weekday or the weekend. And each time, Kirin would see Joe’s patience getting shorter and shorter. All Kirin could do was laugh to himself in amusement. He loved seeing the twisted expression on Joe’s face every single time. As Joe was getting more and more impatient, Bryce was getting more and more comfortable with Kirin’s presence. 

With his time being there, Kirin discovered that Joe worked as an agent in one of the biggest and largest entertainment companies in J country, and that is – Lux Entertainment; that explained the extremely beautiful woman Kirin saw weeks ago in this house. Turns out he was not only taking care of them but he was also sleeping with them. 

Coming downstairs to put his cup of coffee into the sink, he saw Joe sitting at the dining table, supposedly reading the local news on his tablet with soft piano music playing in the background from the living room speakers. Just as he was about to turn in leave, Joe called out to him. 

“I hate to be rude but, don’t you have your own home to return to? You’ve been coming here every day for the last three weeks. It’s almost as if you live here,” said Joe. 

“Hm, I don’t necessarily have a place to call home. Sure, it’s where I live but I wouldn’t call it a home,” Kirin replied. “And besides, being here is much more exciting than being alone,” Kirin gave Joe a dashing smile. 

“Though I did welcome you here, I did not intend for you to stay forever,” Joe glanced up to see the handsome young man leaning against the sink with his arms crossed and head slightly tilted to the side. His hair has grown quite a lot in three weeks, reaching down to the bottom of his neck, just above his collar bone. But his platinum blonde hair was not straight, rather it was fluffy and wavy, tied back into a tiny ponytail with loose ends falling. It created a playful yet languidly sexy appearance.  

“Why not? Afraid that if I’m here, you can’t freely do what you want?” Kirin smirked. 

Joe’s eyes slightly twitched. His reaction made Kirin cackle on the inside. 

“I know you are a single man. You're looking for a relationship. So, even if I'm here, that shouldn’t stop you from trying to find another lovely lady to commit to, alright? That’s your personal business, not mine,” Kirin smiled care-freely. “And thanks for the coffee. It was delicious.” Kirin chuckled and left the kitchen.  

=== 

It was finally October. Sitting in a warm and cozy café, Kirin and Bryce were reviewing materials that were going to be on their art midterm exam. With Liam’s reading glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose and his platinum curls tied into a loose low ponytail, the man exuded the sexiness of a focused, working man. Many within the café could not help but notice this stunning and handsome young man.  

It was also during this time that Kirin had noticed Bryce collecting more and more articles and magazines that pertained to his older brother, Christopher Smith. Bryce was always talking about how amazing his brother was and how he wished to be like him one day. 

Kirin put down the review notes in his hands and looked over to Bryce who was concentrating really hard and smiled as he finished sending his email. He then opened up the website to Smith Corp, hacked into their system and pulled up Christopher’s personal information.   

“Hey, I need to make a phone call. I’ll be back,” Kirin said to Bryce as he closed his laptop. 

“To where?” Bryce asked curiously. 

“To make an appointment.” 

“Oh, ok. Let me know how it goes.” 

Going to the men’s washroom that only allowed one person at a time, Kirin locked the door and pulled out his phone – well, a secret phone that would not leave a single trace when used – and dialed Christopher’s personal phone.  

When the call finally went through, a low, magnetic voice answered on the other side, making Kirin’s skin crawl. 

Kirin quickly recollected himself. “Hi, is Christopher Smith?” 

There was a moment of silence before the voice answered. “This is.” 

“Hi, I’m calling to thank you for allowing me to be invited to your mother’s 50th birthday celebration. You cannot imagine how honored I am,” Kirin faked his grace with a smooth, silky voice. “And for that, I hope you will enjoy the gift I have prepared for both you and your mother then. Thank you and have a wonderful day.” 

After hanging the phone call, Kirin unlocked the men’s bathroom and went back to his seat. As for why Kirin decided to call Christopher? To tease and pique his interest and curiosity of course, after all, he was already attending with a special MVP invitation, but the brother duo did not know that.

"Hey, when will your next art piece be done? The customer is wondering if they could add a few more requests in modifying it," Kirin asked Bryce as he sat down.

"I'm about halfway through where I can still make minor adjustments," Bryce answered.

"Okay. Well, the customer is wondering if you'd be willing to add stuff like this," Kirin opened his laptop and showed Bryce as they continued the rest of their day.

=== 

“Why did you answer my phone? And who was it?” Christopher asked as he came down the stairs from his bedroom in his penthouse apartment with just a robe on.  

The mystery man stood in the kitchen area next to the counter where the phone was before he glanced over to Christopher and answered, “Because you were so busy having fun, you didn’t hear it. So, being the amazing friend that I am, I answered the call for you. And it was nothing important, just spam.” 

“Chris~,” a sweet voice drifted from the top of the stairs before making her appearance. The woman then revealed her voluptuous body with kinky pink lingerie. “Oh, Kincade, you were here?” 

“Kristine,” the man acknowledged. “I came to discuss business but seems like you two were busy. So, I’ll be taking my leave.” and with that, the man left.  

As soon as Kincade got into his car that was waiting for him outside of Christopher’s building, he handed a slip of paper to his capable secretary. 

“Find out whoever it was that was on the other end of this line,” he simply stated. 

“Yes, sir.” 

=== 

“Do I really need to go with you?” Bryce asked wryly as he was seated on his chair in his bedroom. “It’s all the way in K country. I don’t even have a passport. And my father will definitely not let me go.” 

“Oh, that. I got that covered, and don’t worry about the passport. I have yours right here,” Kirin smiled as he handed Bryce’s passport to him. 

Bryce’s eyes widened in shock. “Y-y-you forged this?!” 

“Ouch, that hurts my feelings. At least have faith in my sincerity,” Kirin faked a hurt expression clasping both hands over his chest. 

Bryce just rolled his eyes. “So, what exactly is it that we’re doing in K country?” 

“I got a recognition invitation to attend this masquerade party in Dale. I’m allowed to bring a plus one – and that plus one is you,” Kirin answered smoothly.  

“Is that why you took me to that tailor shop a few days ago? Where did you get all this money? To book the flights, get the suits, book the hotel, the rides?!” 

“My parents. They were kind enough to send me the money.” SIKE!!! Kirin hacked into the original Liam Queens’ parents accounts and pulled money from both accounts and masked it as each other pulling money from each other's accounts. By now they’re probably tearing at each other's throats. 

=== 

After 16 hours, they finally arrived in K country, in the capital city of Dale. Getting into their shuttle, they made their way downtown, marveling at all the buildings they saw... as well as getting stuck in traffic for a good 30 minutes.  

When they arrived at their hotel, a two-bedroom suite, Bryce flopped onto his bed and rolled around. Despite being reluctant at first, he was actually very excited to travel. Good thing the occasion was taking place during their fall break.  

“I’m still very surprised my dad let me come,” Bryce muttered to himself, but Kirin heard it. 

“It’s because I did all the talking. If I left it to you, of course it wouldn’t have happened,” Kirin joked lightly. 

Bryce’s smile dimmed as he sat up from his bed, looking out his bedroom door to the living where Kirin was standing. For some reason, he was afraid that this was all a dream; that if one day current Liam disappeared, he would go back to having to live in fear because of his father.  

“The party’s tomorrow night, so, I suggest you get some sleep. Don’t want to be feeling the jetlag when the party begins tomorrow because it’ll be a night to remember,” smiled Kirin. 

Bryce was confused for a moment but figured he’d leave it be because that was how the current Liam was – somewhat mysterious and secretive but not in a bad way.  

===  

The next evening arrived. It was time to get dressed to go to the party that start at 8 pm – and it was a masquerade party to be exact.  

Bryce was dressed in a deep navy-blue colored suit with a white dress shirt underneath and dark brown oxford shoes. Kirin was dressed in a deep, velvet maroon colored suit with a black dress shirt underneath paired with black oxfords. Kirin took them to get their hair styled and everything. All that was left were the masks. Both of them looked handsome, as if they had just emerged from a magazine cover photoshoot. Everywhere they went in that get up, all eyes were drawn to them, especially Kirin’s tall figure with his styled hair and handsomely charming face. With his most of his hair brushed over to his left side and the hair on the right side of his face tucked behind his ear, it exposed his alluring beauty mark that was located right underneath the tail of his right eye brow. From Kirin’s left ear, he had a single earring that dangled – one that took the shape of an amethyst flower at the end. 

Bryce got a mask that was white, which complimented the color of his dress shirt while Kirin got a black mask. Both masks were simple but elegant.  

After they got past the check-in at the grand hotel entrance, that was when it finally clicked in Bryce. They were not attending some sort of recognition ceremony! He recognized some of these people – some were high-profile celebrities and company owners!! 

But it was already too late. 

“Liam!! What were you thinking?!?!” he hissed through his teeth as he moved in close behind Liam’s tall stature. 

“Hm? Well, I was invited so that counts as recognition,” Kirin answered nonchalantly. 

“That’s not what I meant!! How could you have dragged me to this place?! Especially when I told you that I didn’t want to see them!” Bryce whispered anxiously. 

“Trust me, you’ll be fine,” Kirin assured him, but there was no way Bryce was feeling reassured.  

Noticing the slight tremors from Bryce’s body, Kirin turned around and placed a firm grip on his shoulder to calm him down, “In order for you to get away from that toxic man, you need them. I can’t always be there for you, but your mother and brother will. Trust me.” 

Bryce looked up to Kirin, staring into his crystal glass-like eyes that drew him in. When the current Liam looked at him with such eyes, Bryce was always drawn to follow through with him. There was always this unfathomable look the current Liam had in his eyes that made Bryce’s soul stir, almost like the current Liam could do no wrong.  

“Ladies and gentlemen! May I direct your attention please,” someone announced through a microphone. 

“May I please welcome the star of tonight’s evening,” the MC announced as they directed their attention to the grand staircase where three figures stood. "Mrs. Lucia Smith!"

Bryce slightly held his breath upon seeing their faces. 

An older woman, elegant and radiant stood in between two tall men, wearing a black fitted long dress that complimented her shape. One of the men wore a mask while the star of the evening and her husband held onto theirs. Bryce’s breath lightly shook as he saw the joyful smile that he thought he was never going to see again. 

After the birthday song was sung and everyone was free to mingle, Kirin went in for the attack. Mrs. Smith had put her laced mask back on as she was conversing with some guests with her husband. 

Kirin literally had to drag Bryce over, and not wanting to cause a scene, Bryce ended following like a little dejected puppy. 

“Madam Art?” Kirin called out. 

Hearing the name, Mrs. Smith turned over. “Nameless Flower?” 

Kirin flashed a smile; although the upper half of his face was covered, it still made many of the bystanders swoon. “That’s me.” 

“Oh, my dear! Thank you for attending,” she excitedly turned around to give Kirin a greeting hug, and he returned the hug respectfully. 

Bryce just stared at the duo dumbly. What was going on?! 

“Someone you know, honey?” Mr. Smith asked. 

“Ah, yes! He’s the artist that I’ve been telling you about. The one that I really admire,” the woman said cheerfully, with clear excitement in her voice. "The one I personally invited."

“Oh, so you’re the Nameless Flower. My wife cannot stop talking about your art. As you know it, she is sucker for art exhibits,” Mr. Smith chuckled. 

Bryce’s ears perked up as soon as he heard that name. That name-! Wasn’t that the name Liam came up with for my pseudonym? 

"Yes, I have Madam Art here to thank for the lovely invitation. There's no way we could miss such a valuable customer's 50th birthday," Kirin smiled charmingly.

Kirin smiled sadly, “So, I hope you’ll forgive me for being such a deceitful person.” 

Both Mr. And Mrs. Smith stopped chuckling and looked over to the handsome man with puzzled expressions. 

“It is true that all the artwork I've been sending you are from Nameless Flower, but I’m not Nameless Flower. I’m only his assistant in sending the messages and artwork back and forth between you two,” said Kirin. 

“That’s where you’ve been sending my art work?! I thought-!” Bryce began but was cut off by Kirin. 

“The real Nameless Flower is right behind me. As I said before, I hope you enjoy this gift that I have to offer,” Kirin moved out of the way and ushered Bryce forward. 

“Oh, there’s no need for such apologies,” Mrs. Smith chuckled and extended her hand out. "It’s such a pleasure to meet the true artist. I adore your work.” 

As he was faced with the cheerful woman, he was eager to run away, but Kirin was not going to let him run. With his hand slightly trembling, he took ahold of the woman’s hand. It was at this moment that Christopher entered the scene. 

Moving swiftly and with such grace, Kirin undid the knot and slipped the mask off Bryce’s face. Bryce’s eyes widened in shock. Kirin moved so fast that Bryce didn’t even realize what had happened until he looked at the woman’s changing expression from excitement to shock.  

Bryce turned to look at Kirin in shock, and Kirin looked back with a striking gaze. 

“B-Bryce?” a trembled voice escaped from the woman before him. 

Bryce’s breath shook as he slowly turned his head back to the woman. 

“Is this really you?” her voice filled with such emotions as she lifted her hand to touch his face. 

“Mom...” 

55