Darker than Black
17 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Beta-read by Alexa4077


 

"So, um, I guess that h-happened," he broke the silence.

"Hmm." Fumika nodded, thoughtful. "I need to apologize."

"Uh?"

"For involving thee in this situation."

"O-oh. It's fine." He smiled softly. "As I told you before, I'll take my part of the blame. It was me who chose to stay with you, F-Fumi-." Suddenly someone gasped and made a weird noise, but when Izuku looked, there was no one else around. "Eh. What was that?"

"We should return to our accommodations, Midoriya." Fumika glared at the exit, ignoring his question, and hurried out of the building, him following right behind her.

"Tokoyami-san, what's happening?"

It was Dark Shadow who answered his question. "Spies!"

"Oh." Someone heard them talking. "Oh, no."

The problem was, how much had they heard?

(…)

When they arrived at the dorms, the lounge was empty.

That was a bad sign.

"Where is e-everyone...?" Usually -when they weren't training-, most of their classmates hung around the lounge until Aizawa sent them to their rooms. And it was too early for that.

Despite his confusion, once again, Fumika decided to leave him hanging in his obliviousness.

"I give you my most sincere condolences, Izuku," she said in a flustered voice and dashed up the staircase.

"E-EH?! W-who died?!" Having the feeling it was a bad idea to follow her, he decided his best course of action.

(…)

Izuku was walking through the hallways to his room when his phone sounded.

"Ah? What's this?" He had around thirty unread messages.

Gulping nervously, he took a look at the newest four.

Uraraka = DEKU-KUN, PLEASE CALL IMMEDIATELY!

Todoroki = Congratulations, Midoriya.

Kacchan = DEKU MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS AND MAKE THESE SHITHEADS SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I FUCKING DESTROY EVERYTHING

Mineta = TRAITOR!

"Oh, god." He had an idea of the meaning behind those messages, but he didn't want to be right.

He was so busy rationalizing what the hell was happening that he didn't notice the hand poking out of his room to pull him inside.

"AH?!" Suddenly he was surrounded by a dozen people talking at the same time.

"Is it true, bro!?" "I KNEW IT! YOU WERE ONLY PRETENDING TO BE A WIMP, YOU BASTARD!" "Man, stop yelling." "Congratulations, Midoriya." "I still can't believe Midoriya defeated us." "You lot should stop eating Midoriya's food. I can bake something fast if you are hungry." "Ah. Do I really need to be here, guys? This is uncomfortable." "There's so much All Might stuff here!" "That's predictable, hehe." "It's nicely arranged." "My room is more impressive, mon ami!" "PLEASE, STOP BEING SO LOUD!" "Man, you're really loud yourself..."

It was ridiculous.

All his male classmates -except for Katsuki- were in the room... And they were eating his refreshments too!

"G-guys, what are you doing here?!"

"DON'T TRY TO TRICK US WITH THAT FAKE INNOCENT EXPRESSION, YOU TRAITOR!" Minoru looked like he was about to pop a blood vessel.

"Excuse me?" What the heck was the little shit going on about?

"Man, it's so weird to think you were the first of us to get a girlfriend," commented Denki.

"W-what?" Oh, god. It was just like he feared. "I d-don't have a girlfriend!"

"LIES!" Minoru pointed at Izuku as if he had killed his father. "I was there! I heard your discussion with Aizawa-sensei and the Headmaster!" Fuck. "Tokoyami and you met on the roof last night, and then today you are all disgustingly lovey-dovey!" The enraged Mineta jumped at him. "THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL NOTHING LEWD HAPPENED-!" Before Izuku had the chance to slap him around to make him bounce against the walls like a pinball, Todoroki caught and froze the little prick. Pushing the resulting ice cube out of the room with his foot.

Immediately he heard something like ice breaking, but neither he nor anyone else attempted to take a look outside.

"It was nothing," said Todoroki, giving him a thumbs up. Izuku would have thanked him... If Todoroki weren't eating his snacks too.

"You guys seriously think Tokoyami-san and I are g-going out?" The guys looked at each other. Of course, they do believe it. He had to fix this for Fumika's sake. "T-that's not the case." The idea was appealing, though.

"I told you gossiping like this was improper," Iida scolded them.

"Sorry, Midoriya," said Hanta. "We know Mineta is a weirdo and likes to exaggerate, but he seemed very serious about this. Also, eh..." The guy looked at Mashirao, and the tailed guy sighed.

"Hagakure-san said she also heard the whole thing. And she confirmed Mineta-san wasn't lying."

"She w-what?!"

(…)

Meanwhile, on the other side of the dorms, the situation was surprisingly similar.

"And then he said 'it was me who choose to stay with you, Fumi'! He even calls Tokoyami-chan by that cute nickname!" "Just like in my romance novels!" "Please, g-girls! Calm down! Hagakure-chan obviously misunderstood something..." "Congratulations, kero." "Damn, I had no idea Midoriya could be that smooth." "And you too, girl! Why didn't you tell us Midoriya and you were going out?!"

Trying to meditate to keep her calm, Fumika sat in the back of the room, giving her back to her classmates.

It wasn't working.

Knowing that ignoring them would do nothing to stop their gossip, Fumika decided to talk. "It's like Uraraka said. You are misunderstanding everything."

"I told you! There's NO WAY Tokoyami-chan and Deku-kun could be going out!" Ochako said, sounding a bit too eager. Her usual happy expression looking forced.

It was annoying her.

"Huh?" Mina smirked. "You said that as if someone liking Midori would be impossible. Isn't he kinda cute, though?"

"He is! And so strong!" answered Toru.

"He is not exactly my type. But it wouldn't surprise me if he had some fans out there." Kyoka shrugged. "He can be kinda cool when he wants to."

"He has a cute butt too, kero."

"T-Tsuyu!" Momo intervened. "And you, girls, please stop it! You are making Uraraka-san embarrassed." The brown-haired girl looked really flustered indeed.

But what they hadn't noticed was how irritated Fumika was.

"Leave my chambers," she muttered.

"Uh?"

"LEAVE." Before they could react, the shadow monster increased its size and pushed them out of the room. Closing the door forcefully immediately after. "Annoying!"

Fumika sighed. She hated it when others tried to meddle in her privacy. If she was -or wasn't- going out with Izuku, it was her business, not theirs.

"That was rude, kero." Fumika looked up and found Tsuyu stuck to the ceiling.

"Come over here, frog." Dark shadow dashed to the frog-girl, but she jumped out of the way.

"I know you said the truth, and nothing happened with Midoriya." The girl avoided another attack with total ease. "But still, you like him, right, Fumi-chan?" With Fumika angry and the dusk so close, Dark Shadow's attacks were quite fast and strong, but fortunately still predictable. "You should be more sincere about your feelings, kero. If Midoriya were to see how cute you are when you're angry, I'm sure he would fall for you." Dark Shadow charged with an angry roar, but accepting her stay wasn't welcome anymore, Tsuyu dodged and jumped out of the window.

Fumika peeked out, seeing the girl doing a pirouette in the air before landing on her feet unhurt.

She just huffed and closed the window.

"I'm not cute..."

4