Responsibilities
47 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Tenko was really glad about her hero costume.

Just like her brother´s, it followed the concept of a motorized knight. And the Support Department made it just as she imagined it, both protective and functional

"Iida-san, it´s that you?"

She turned at the familiar voice to find what she could only describe as a goofy-looking green bunny.

She really couldn't make sense of the costume, being unable to find its practicality.

However, it gave out this friendly aura that mixed perfectly with the kind-hearted and brave person that was using it.

"Nice costume, Midoriya-kun!" she said.

"Oh, thanks! My m-mom made it." She could feel his shy smile behind the costume´s mouth-piece. "Yours looks amazing too."

"Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to know you find it aesthetically pleasing too!" Like Izuku´s, her costume carried a sentimental value. Her dear brother had helped her with it.

Initially, she had made her own design, but when she showed it to Tensei, his dismayed reaction left her clear that something was off. Apparently -in her brother´s words-, her version was practical but not cool enough.

"Do t-the parts in your calves serve a function?" He looked with curiosity at the long tubes coming from her boots.

"Indeed!" She nodded. "They have an integrated cooling system. So I can use my Quirk longer than normal without overheating my engines."

"That's a-amazing! And what about the armor? It looks kind of h-heavy..."

"It's not! The material they are made of is quite light and flexible. Considering my Quirk, it would be problematic otherwise. But tell me about your costume, Midoriya-kun. Why the bunny theme?"

"A-actually," his expression was flustered as he pushed the bunny ears down, "these are supposed to b-be an homage to All Might. Do t-they really look like bunny ears?"

"A b-bit. But don't mind that!" She bowed, not wanting to offend him. "Now you explained it to me, I can clearly see your intention. It's wonderful! But what about its functions?"

Izuku explained his current costume lacked any important gear because of how recently he had obtained his Quirk. So he was still thinking about how to improve it, and she was glad to contribute.

Thinking about it, she realized it was the first time in a while she talked normally with someone her age.

During middle school and before, she was always too busy for amenities and her classmates weren't much interested in the things she had to say. It was almost as if they worked on different wavelengths.

So by the time she graduated, she had a lot of acquaintances that respected her dedication… And others that probably found her company more than undesirable.

But in Izuku´s case -maybe she was being too bold-, she considered him a friend.

After all, not only he had forgiven her for her rash behavior when they met. But -shyness aside- he seemed to accept the kind of person she was. Besides, his interest in acquiring new knowledge and sharing it with others was something she could relate to and respect.

However, their conversation stopped when she noticed someone looking at them. "Uraraka-kun?"

The brunette girl smiled in amusement. "Don't mind me, keep going!"

Izuku whimpered in embarrassment and she didn't have an idea of why.

(…)

'I'm such an idiot…' Izuku thought.

Without realizing it, he had started geeking out in front of Tenko and Ochako. But what other option he had? Tenko looked just amazingly cool in her costume, and he was thankful she had indulged his curiosity.

He also worsened the misunderstanding Ochako seemed to about Tenko and him. And he was ridiculous enough to feel almost giddy about it.

You see, Izuku was bad with girls.

Well, he was socially awkward with people in general. But especially girls.

Before UA, the last time he actually talked to a girl was in his first year of middle school. It was during a class. His eraser fell to the ground and he tried to ask the girl in the next seat to PLEASE pass it to him. She shut him down with a NO before he even finished speaking.

He never talked to a girl again after that… Until an angry Tenko confronted him during the practical exam.

So it felt nice to know things had changed, and he wasn't some kind of pariah anymore.

Technically, he was still the same introverted boy in his core, but he felt now a bit more brave and hopeful than he was before. Because now he knew there were people interested in him and what he had to say. People that thought his opinion mattered, and some of them were girls -pretty girls, at that!

If he was someone else he would act smug about it.

Instead, he just stood there, embarrassed and content at the same time, trying not to make a fool of himself even more. That was difficult, though, having all his classmates around.

Analyzing their costumes, functions, and possible improvements were just so fun! And their variety was huge too! Some were simple while others were quite complex; some had clearly defined functions while others served a merely aesthetic purpose; some were cute -like Ochako´s- while others were purely badass -like Tenko´s-... And some were family-friendly while others would make Midnight cry tears of joy.

So for once he didn't stop mumbling, despite being perfectly aware that his friends -because they were, right?- were looking at him; Ochako giggling, while Tenko nodded, impressed by his knowledge about Quirks

Then All Might appeared in his Silver Age costume and he was positively ecstatic.

"Okay! Today we´ll do an indoors battle simulation!" said All Might once everyone quieted down.

It was simple. Two teams of two people going against each other, one acting as heroes and the others as villains. The heroes neededto capture the bombthe villains were protecting or capture the villains themselves to win. While In the villains´ case, they had to capture the heroes or keep the bomb safe until the time was up.

The only bad thing was that All Might intended to draw lots to choose the teams´ members.

Izuku was fine with having anyone as a team-mate… Just not Katsuki. That would end up a mess.

The gods smiled at him for once.

"Team B: Young Midoriya and young Iida!" Izuku sighed in relief and looked at the tall girl. Even with her helmet on, Izuku could feel her smile. He was sure they would work together splendidly.

But then the gods decided to spit on his face.

"The first match will be− Team D VS Team B!" Because Team D consisted of Denki Kaminari -their classmate with an electric Quirk- and Katsuki. "Team B, you'll be the villains. So enter the building first, you have ten minutes to prepare. Good luck!"

He didn't believe just good luck was going to get them out of such a mess.

(…)

Izuku and his team-mate were on the top floor of the building, and with still a couple of minutes remaining, they had already discussed their strategy.

It was simple. Knowing Katsuki wanted to rip his guts apart -and wouldn't accept Denki´s help even if hell froze-, Izuku would fight him on the middle floor. Meanwhile, Tenko would protect the bomb from Denki and defeat him so, if everything went fine, she would be able to back him up to deal with Katsuki.

Now all he needed was to swallow these damn nerves he was feeling.

"I still can't believe we have to be the villains…" said Tenko in disappointment.

Izuku felt disappointed too, but about the fact she was using a helmet. He´d like to know what kind of expression she was making.

"That's just the b-basic setting of the simulation, Iida-san. But you could take it the other way too. Like, um, we are the heroes p-protecting an important device," he gestured to the fake bomb, "from the villains that want to steal it. Or something like t-that."

"Hmm, fine point." She nodded, but then slumped her shoulders. "But it still doesn't feel right… Maybe getting on the villain´s role isn't a bad idea? To beat your opponent you need to think like them, was it?"

He nodded, seeing the appeal of her idea.

It was supposed to be a battle simulation, so behaving as if it was the real deal would be -as their homeroom teacher would say- the rational option.

"Let me think…" The girl brought her hand to her chin and kept silent for a short moment. "Okay, how about this?" She lifted her arms menacingly, as a bear about to attack. "Surrender, hero! Only defeat awaits you!" Then she started laughing evilly, and he felt thankful that his costume included a mask.

It wasn't that Tenko was being silly -she was-, but that her behavior was kind of adorable.

It just made clear for him the kind of person Tenko Iida was.

Not the extremely rigid and admittedly scary girl from the practical exam. Her behavior then was just the result of her nervousness and anxiety about passing the exam.

Beyond what one would expect because of her intimidating and formidable visage, the true Tenko was just an earnest and kind-hearted girl. Severe, but fair and honest to a fault.

She was the kind of person he could respect and like.

"Was that fine, Midoriya-kun?"

"Y-yeah." He smiled sheepishly. "It reminds me of some old comics villains." He didn't have the heart to tell her how hilariously bad and cheese those characters were.

"Good to know! You should try too, Midoriya-kun!"

Not seeing a reason not to indulge her, he took a moment to think about a decent enough villain act.

It wasn't too hard.

"Okay…" He breathed deeply to concentrate, then -thanks to his totally non-sequitur ability to do extremely good imitations- he put on an angry scowl and slouched his shoulders. Tensing his hands open, as if he was about to scratch someone. "COME HERE, YOU DAMN DEKU! YOU ARE DEAD MEAT! I´LL RIP YOU TO PIECES…!" When he looked at Tenko, she looked shocked, even slightly terrified. "Um, something like t-that."

"W-well, that was an extremely accurate impression of Bakugo-kun. I feared for a moment you were being possessed by something foul…"

"S-sorry."

At that moment, All Might spoke, "Hero Team, you can enter the building!"

"It's time, Midoriya-kun. Make those heroes know the terror of villains!" The girl cackled evilly again.

She was darn adorable.

"I w-will."

(…)

Tenko was alone, her only companion now was the paper bomb she had to protect. So she took the time to practice her villain soliloquy until Izuku´s voice interrupted her through her earphone.

"Kaminari-san is in the way!" She could also hear some explosions in the background. So it seemed things were going according to their plan.

"Understood!"

She waited for a short while until the electric boy showed at the room´s entrance

"AHA!" She pointed at him. "There you are, hero! I won't let you take the bomb! So surrender or else!"

Denki looked guffawed. "Girl… You are taking this a bit TOO seriously."

"Villainy is serious business!"

"Well, no sense in wasting more time then." The guy smiled and started running towards her, just as Izuku had predicted. Considering the way his Quirk seemed to work, and without any gear to increase its range, Denki was forced to attack at close range. And she wouldn't give him the chance. "ONE Millio−" So just as he was about to activate his Quirk, she kicked him in the head.

The guy sprawled unceremonially on the ground, and after twitching slightly, went motionless.

"My victory, mwahaha!" Tenko walked towards her fallen opponent, her capture band on her hands.

However, once she was standing by his side, Denki suddenly lifted his head and latched at her legs. "One Million Volts!" The electricity surrounded them, but by the boy´s utter surprise, instead of falling victim to his surprise attack -which he had planned from the very start-, the girl just kicked him away once again.

The boy grunted as he fell to the ground, and looked with shock at his completely unharmed opponent. "H-how?!"

"Your destiny is sealed!Your electricity won't help you get out of this, hero!"

And it didn't.

(…)

It happened before Tenko and Izuku decided their strategy.

Izuku wanted to make sure of something.

"Tenko-san, eh, c-could you give me your hand?" The girl just stared at him dumbfounded, making it register to him the second possible meaning of what he had said. "I M-MEAN, eh…! It's a-about your costume; the m-material used to make it. Would you allow me to check something?"

"Hmm. N-no problem." She extended her arm to him, feeling quite embarrassed for making such a foolish assumption.

The boy took a moment to examine the white armor around her arm, as well as the black glove. It was really embarrassing for them, but necessary.

And the results were worth it.

"This is p-perfect!" Izuku looked at her once, his eyes shining with excitement. "You have a huge advantage against Kaminari-san!"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Your c-costume doesn't conduct electricity at all! Their materials -both from the armor-part and the bodysuit underneath- act naturally as super-insulators!"

"That's marvelous!" She grabbed his hands, feeling equally excited. And they remained like that for a while, oblivious that all their classmates were observing their cute moment through the cameras' feed.

From that point, Denki´s destiny was already sealed indeed.

(…)

Izuku ran. He ran faster than he ever did. Even knowing he was just buying himself a bit more time and nothing else.

"A villain was captured! Five minutes for the end of the simulation!"

Izuku sighed in relief. Everything was going as planned. Now he only needed to keep himself in one piece until Tenko arrived.

Unfortunately, that was easier said than done.

"DON'T RUN, YOU DAMN COWARD!" He tried to dodge, but Katsuki´s attack was faster and blasted him away.

He grunted while standing up again, feeling a burning sensation on his back. It felt bad. But not even close to the excruciating pain he experienced after using OFA for the first time.

"COME ON, DEKU! Use your stupid weak-ass Quirk!"

He only frowned in frustration. Using OFA was exactly what he wanted to do, but with the poor control he had, he feared he would end up wrecking himself again or splattering Katsuki everywhere.

"You fucking loser! Stop looking down on me!"

He wasn't. It was quite the opposite. But saying it wasn't going to change anything.

The only thing that´d extinguish the flame of Katsuki´s wrath -if even for a short while- would be to beat Izuku up. But he was already tired of letting Katsuki do whatever he wanted.

The blond lifted his arm. "I made the Support Department build these gauntlets for me. If they didn't fuck up, they should store my sweat. And I think you know what that means, Deku…" The boy smirked maliciously, as he grabbed the grenade´s pin with his other hand.

"K-Kacchan!"

"Young Bakugo, wait−!"

"It's fine! He only needs to dodge, RIGHT?!" Katsuki took off the pin, and a huge mass of fire and destruction made its way towards Izuku.

He tried to turn around and run knowing it would be useless. That he was too slow.

However…

"Recipro Burst!"

Just an instant before being hit, Izuku´s body was lifted off the ground and moved out of the way. His savior could only be one person.

"Iida-san!"

"Midoriya-kun, are you right!?" The girl took off her helmet, revealing her distressed expression.

"I-I'm okay," he said while distancing a bit from her. Having a worried girl gushing for him was distracting, and dangerous with Katsuki so close to them.

"Fucking of course!" Katsuki moved to the other side of the hole he made with his last attack, not taking his angry eyes from them for a second. "You are so miserably useless, you´d need a stupid extra like four-eyes to save your ass."

Izuku´s expression turned stern.

He knew he was weak compared to Katsuki. Having All Might´s Quirk didn't automatically change that. Not until he got better at controlling it.

But it annoyed him, Katsuki called him weak just for relying on his team-mate.

Meanwhile, the explosive guy didn't bother to ask what happened with Denki or even mention him. In his mind, this was only about him against everyone else.

And that would be his downfall.

"What are you even saying, you ruffian?! Who in his right mind would use an attack of that magnitude while indoors?!" shouted Tenko. But before she could continue scolding the blond, Izuku put his hand on her shoulder.

"Iida-san, I'm going to use my Quirk. Immediately after I do, run to Katsuki as fast as you can and attack him, okay?" He said quietly, and while probably not fully understanding his plan, the girl still nodded. He smiled, feeling warm because of the absolute trust in the girl´s eyes. He took a couple of steps forwards, glaring at Katsuki -or at least trying. "You wanted m-me to use my Quirk, Kacchan. Well, I'll d-do it now. So don't regret it!"

"DAMN DEKU!"

Just as Katsuki was going to use his Quirk to short the distance of ten meters between them, Izuku flicked his index finger, OFA´s energy coursing through it. "DELAWARE SMASH!"

The windblast struck Katsuki and impeded his advancement, but it wasn't strong enough to push him back. That wasn't Izuku´s intention, though. He only wanted to force the air between them and Katsuki to move, decreasing the wind resistance throughout the corridor.

Following Izuku´s plan, Tenko speeded towards the blond. Only Izuku and she fully noticed the slight but important increase in her speed compared to before.

But it wasn't enough yet.

Izuku concentrated on all the previous times he used OFA, as disastrous as they were. And thought about All Might, his role model and now father figure; his dear mother; his best friends, Tenko and Ochako; and lastly but not less important, his goal: To simply help -save- others.

Just for a moment there, he felt it. What truly meant to use One For All.

"DELAWARE SMASH!" A second attack followed right after Tenko moved. It was powerful, no doubt, but like his previous attack, it wasn't meant to hurt anyone.

Instead, like the wind against a boat´s sails, it pushed Tenko to run faster than she ever did in her whole fifteen years of life.

It was exhilarating. Almost like flying. And it gave her a feeling of power she never thought she could attain.

So when her blue eyes locked with angry red ones, she knew that no matter how strong the blond boy was, Izuku and she would be the ones to triumph.

"RECIPRO BURST!" "HOWITZER IMPACT!"

The two students clashed, with enough intensity to destroy the few cameras that remained in the corridor.

Katsuki´s explosion hit her chest, making her crash to the ground, but not before her kick hit his stomach and sent him through a couple of walls.

"Time´s up! The victory is for Team B!"

Not really paying attention to All Might, Izuku ran towards his seemingly unconscious team-mate. "Iida-san, are you a-alright?!" He was so worried about her wellbeing, he didn't notice a certain problem with Tenko until he was already crouched beside her.

"M-Midoriya-kun…?" The girl murmured, sounding confused. "Did we won?" From what he knew, she probably hit her head when she fell, so he tried to keep her still until she was more composed, which was difficult to know considering he felt too flustered to even look in her direction.

Because lying on the ground around them, there were various pieces of white armor and black fabric. The fact was that -except for the white bra which miraculously survived to Katsuki´s last attack- Tenko´s chest was now exposed.

"What is the−?" Confused by his silence, Tenko looked down and realized the situation. She stood up immediately, as if she wasn't hurt at all, and ran to a corner. Her back was to him, clearly refusing to face him or move from there. "D-did you saw, M-Midoriya?! D-DID YOU?!"

"W-wait! I, ah…" He had no idea what was the right thing to do in this situation. If lying or saying the truth, but he doubted any would make things better. He wasn't a damn harem protagonist or something. This kind of stuff never happened to him. "I d-did. I'm really sorry!" He bowed, choosing truth.

If Tenko was already embarrassed before, his confession only made it worse. It didn't seem as if they would be able to move from there any time soon.

Then he got an absurd idea. He supposed it was karma.

(…)

Eventually, he managed to calm down Tenko and informed All Might they needed to go to the dressing rooms. But to get there they had to pass first through the observation room, where their classmates were.

Fortunately for Tenko, Izuku had given her the top part of his uniform to help her cover her body.

So when she walked into the observation room, despite looking clearly uncomfortable, her modesty was protected. Meanwhile, Izuku couldn't say the same about himself.

He walked some steps behind her. Shirtless. Eyes on the ground and embracing himself, while trying to act as if nothing was wrong.

Then someone wolf-whistle, and he just wanted to run to his house and shut himself down in his room for the rest of the month.

After some painful seconds, they exited the room and went down the corridor, where the dressing rooms were.

However, when he tried to walk into the guy´s side, Tenko called him, "M-Midoriya-kun…?"

He didn't dare to look at her at the moment. "Y-yeah?"

"T-thank you."

He stood in there, immobile until he felt her going into the other side of the room.

Then he sighed. "It was n-nothing…" Izuku had never stopped to think if he had a girl´s type or anything like that.

But what he knew, is that he found Tenko attractive. And now his stupid mind was going to mess with him because of that.

Damn hormones.

(…)

It had been a peaceful day for Tensei Iida.

But when he went to pick up her sister after classes ended, it didn't take him much to notice something had occurred to her.

"How was your day, Tenko?" She just blushed and looked away. ´Hmm, interesting´. He smiled, knowing the probable cause for her reaction. "Anything about that boy -Izuku, was it?- you'll like to tell me?" Tenko flinched, and that killed his smile. "What happened, Tenko?" Now he was getting worried. His sister wasn't a shy person at all. So it had to be something serious.

"Brother..." she said, finally showing her feelings. A weird mix of distress, guilt, and… Was that hope? "If a boy saw my chest, then that means I have to marry him, right?!"

Tensei´s didn't know what to say.

Suddenly, his day had gotten a lot more complicated.


I had a little block while writing this chapter. A stupid thing. I just felt really awkward about the parts that were too similar to canon. SO, after suffering for a while about what to do, I decided to just skip them and turned them into narration. Then, after that little crisis was averted, a new one appeared when I realized Fem! Iida and Shigaraki shared the same first name and I was like "OH SHIT!", but after going into a panic for like 5 minutes like the fool I am, -thanks to you guys on the server- I decided to just leave it like that. Tenko is a nice name and it sounds unisex.

Also, a curious detail. My original idea was that Tenko´s last attack would be so damn powerful, that Bakugo would end up going through the whole building, flying and then crashing through another building´s window… But yeah, it was a bit TOO much. It almost sound like a Fatality or something

Also, I just noticed it lately, but I really love to write Tensei. He is a funny and cool guy, and the older brother we all would like to have. And of course, with Tenko as the main character, we have a lot of Tensei to see too! Take care and see you later.

3