Explosive Rivalry 1
299 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izumi was by herself in the changing room. The other girls had left a while ago by her petition.

Her eyes were glued to the metal briefcase resting on her lap. She opened it slowly and then watched the contents with excitement. She took out the green jumpsuit and admired again how perfect it was.

Izumi felt her eyes sting and couldn't stop the tears that followed.

Her feelings were a mess. She felt so dumb for crying but relieved that there wasn’t anyone nearby to watch her bawling her eyes out. But more than anything, she was dripping with happiness.

She knew it was stupid, but through all her training with All Might, passing the entrance exam, and having her very first day at UA, everything had felt too wonderful to be true, like it was nothing but a dream. That she would awake one day and find herself Quirkless again and as defenceless as she used to be.

But now that she could feel the soft but resistant green fabric between her fingers, she could finally accept it...

“...Thanks, Mom.”

She was going to be a hero...

Izumi put on her uniform with great anticipation and then looked at herself in the room’s mirror.

She looked and felt amazing.

Her hero uniform was simple but still memorable, and very comfortable to use, hugging her body efficiently to permit good mobility without being skintight... She would die of embarrassment otherwise.

But she hadn’t tried the best part yet... The mask!

“I-I AM HERE!” She posed a hand on her waist and the other pointing with her index finger upward.

Izumi couldn’t stop laughing, a bit embarrassed of herself two seconds later.

The mask was so goofy... The white part of the respirator looked like a weird smile, while the long protrusions on the top were more resembling of bunny ears than All Might’s hair. Like if she a cross between an All Might and Mirko fangirl... That she technically was, so she loved it!

“...I am here.”

And now it was time to go.

While she waited for Izumi, Tsuyu was having an amusing time looking at her classmates’ hero uniforms.

People like Ojiro, Tokoyami, and Todoroki were minimalistic with their chosen costumes. Ojiro’s uniform was a karate-gi, while Tokoyami was fully clothed in black, and Todoroki used generic white clothes with golden-colored straps over his shoulders, that didn’t seem to have any use at all, with his body’s left side covered in ice, which looked more uncomfortable and impractical than anything.

Kaminari and Jirou, some support stuff aside, were pretty much just using cool-looking clothes they probably took out of their own wardrobes.

Then it was Mineta... Just why was he using diapers? And why did he think he would look cool with them...? It was a mystery.

Everyone else looked really neat. Specially Ochako in her cute astronaut suit, and Iida that looked even more like a robot than before.

Though she felt a bit bad about her brown-haired friend. Poor girl ended up with a costume slightly different from her original design, being skintight instead of puffy. All because of a mistake of the Support Department...

Tsuyu suspected that they had done it on purpose.

In that same vein, both Kirishima and Yaoyorozu’s costumes were cool too, but practically bordered the line of being illegal. This time, however, Tsuyu wasn’t sure if the costumes were like that by design or if the Support Department had taken some creative liberties...

Also, Tsuyu tried not to think too much of the fact that an invisible girl was running around the room almost naked at that same moment.

In her case, she was satisfied with her green and black skintight (by design) bodysuit. She still had to test it, but if her indications were followed, it should be perfect for wall-crawling.

She wondered, what was Izumi’s hero uniform going to be like?

A lot of thoughts went through her mind, imagining Izumi with the costumes of some of her classmates, looking cute in some and badass in others... And then slowly those thoughts went downhill, directly to the -very erotic- gutter...

Before she could keep perving on her crush, she finally felt Izumi getting closer until she finally entered the room.

“G-Gero!”

This couldn’t be real...? She couldn’t possibly look so cute...?!

It was perfect, just perfect!

Izumi’s costume in its simplicity but good design connected completely with Tsuyu’s sense of aesthetics, especially considering that both of them were matching the same color pattern and, considering the form of Izumi’s mask, an animal thematic... It was almost as if they were a couple.

Besides that, now in her hero uniform, Izumi’s body figure was more discernable than before. And surprisingly, despite the softness of her facial traits, the rest of Izumi was highly contrasting, her muscles recently developed, resulting in a fit and athletic body.

“...Tsu? Your face is red.” Said Ochako, standing at her side. “Are you fine?” She looked in the same direction as Tsuyu. “...Is that Deku-chan?”

Tsuyu just nodded and started walking awkwardly towards Izumi.

“H-Hey, Uraraka-san, Asu-, I mean Tsu-“ And then Tsuyu hugged her, she just couldn’t stop herself, and felt the green-haired girl stiff in her arms. “...T-Tsu?!”

“Izumi-chan looks like an amusement park mascot, kero.” The words left her mouth before she had time to process them.

“...Eh ...T-Thanks? ...Is that, like a g-good thing?” The poor girl looked so confused about the whole situation.

“It is. You look so cute and friendly.” Tsuyu answered. At that point, she was just saying everything that came to her mind, without thinking too much. Being so close to Izumi... It suddenly became difficult for her to think clearly.

She knew she would kick herself later for acting like a love-struck fool, but for now... She just felt so blessed!

“Oh, t-thanks. My m-mom made it.” Izumi said happily and her body relaxed a bit. “You look c-cute, too.”

Wasn’t the hug prolonging a bit too much...? Though Izumi couldn’t deny that it was comfortable.

She hadn’t much experience hugging or being hugged, so while it was embarrassing, Izumi welcomed the warm feeling.

Though it was weird, she didn’t expect Tsuyu to be that warm. Maybe being part-frog didn’t make her cold-blooded? Or maybe she just had a misconception about what having cold-blood meant about body heat? She needed to research that when she got home.

Also, why was she being hugged again...? Should she hug her too...? Maybe she should.

Izumi moved her arms carefully around the smaller girl and immediately noticed how Tsuyu twitched. Was she doing something wrong? Maybe she should hug Tsuyu tighter...? Yeah, she would do that.

“U-Uh... G-Girls, what are you doing?” Izumi tilted her head and noticed Ochako looking at them with an embarrassed and somewhat confused expression.

Izumi frankly didn't know what to answer.

“Hmm. your costume’s bunny ears look so beautiful, right, Ochako-chan?” Tsuyu ended the hug and took a step back.

“Eh? Well, they do.” The permanently blushed girl nodded, not noticing that Tsuyu had completely avoided the question.

“She looks adorable.” Complimented Tsuyu again.

“T-Thanks, though they aren’t bunny ears...”

Izumi didn’t notice the change of topic either. She was too busy pulling her ears down in embarrassment.

“Gero... Can I touch them?” Asked the frog girl already moving her hands toward Izumi’s head, her excitement notorious in her eyes despite her general lack of expression.

Notes for costume’s next version: Discard the mask and just keep the respirator.

TEAM D IS GOING TO BE YOUNG MIDORIYA AND YOUNG ASUI.“ Said All Might in his booming voice.

Izumi turned to her exercise partner to find the ever-present sweet smile on Tsuyu’s face.

She smiled too. She had been lucky to be paired with a friend.

It felt almost alien to even think about that word. She hadn’t had any girl friends before... Well, being sincere, not friends at all, male or female whatsoever.

And now she could say with a certain confidence that she had three: Ochako, Tenya, and Tsuyu.

Though, despite her inexperience with friendship, Izumi knew that the frog-girl was a very special case.

Ochako was a friendly person, the type who could be friends with almost anyone, maybe even someone brash like Bakugou.

Tenya was a slightly prejudiced guy, of the kind that would leave himself be carried away by first impressions, but ultimately he was a nice person too. He only needed to be more flexible sometimes.

And finally, Tsuyu was as friendly as Ochako, except with a more laid-back personality. The thing about her that Izumi found weird but interesting was that Tsuyu seemed to be multiple times friendlier with her than with other people.

In fact, Tsuyu seemed to be always in her close vicinity, looking at her with that small smile on her face and acting slightly weird.

In a different situation, it would be disconcerting, but no matter how many times Izumi analyzed her behavior, Tsuyu didn’t seem to have any bad intentions at all. Her kindness was sincere.

Maybe she was just over-analyzing everything? Or maybe Tsuyu’s personality was just quirky because of her amphibian mutation? Whatever the reason and curiosity aside, Izumi didn’t mind that much. Actually, it made her happy to be the target of those positive feelings.

Now if she could just avoid being pitted against Katsuki her day would be perf-

OKAY! TO START, TEAM D AS THE VILLAINS VERSUS TEAM B AS THE HEROES!

...Katsuki and Tenya were Team B.

“Shit.” It was what she was thinking, but Katsuki was the one to say it out loud.

Izumi and Tsuyu entered the building first, having ten minutes to strategize.

“W-Well, first things first. We should discuss e-each other's abilities.” Izumi recommended, and her partner nodded.

“If I understood, Izumi-chan has super-strength, isn’t it?” Unlike before, Tsuyu was now acting in a more serious-business way.

“K-Kinda.” She said, sheepishly. “The way it works, I gather energy in the part of my body I want to use and then r-release it. The more energy I use, the stronger it gets, and the more p-pressure it exerts. So if I use it repeatedly or with t-too much energy at once, my b-bones can break.” She noticed how Tsuyu flinched. “B-But you need not worry. I got b-better at controlling it lately. I-I will be fine!”

“Hmm, if you say so, I’m still worried, though.” Her expression was grumpy but funny, which Izumi found endearing. Not much people worried about her wellbeing, so it made her happy.

“T-Thanks. And what about Tsu?” She asked, wanting to get the other girl in a better mood. “I know Tsu has frog-related abilities, but I’m still not sure to what extent.” She asked carefully, not wanting to seem nosy.

“Well, I can do most stuff that frogs can do. From jumping long distances, and wall-crawling, to shooting my tongue up to 20 meters to use it like a whip and hit stuff or swing myself around... I can also eject my whole stomach to wash it if I ingest something toxic and secret a mildly stinging toxin.” She said as if nothing, but a moment later her cheeks turned red. “T-Thinking about it, those last two are virtually useless so you can forget about them.”

“T-They aren’t! The stomach thing sounds like it could be a lifesaver!”

“But not something particularly nice to watch or discuss, so please don’t mention it.”

“A-And the stinging mucus could have its uses.” Some part of her wanted to just shut up because she knew she was making Tsuyu uncomfortable, but the nerdy part of her was stronger. “I’m just theorizing here, b-but shouldn’t Tsu be able to detect allies or enemies using such t-toxin as a marker?” Tsuyu looked at her with her eyes open wide and then moved her finger against her mouth, thoughtful.

“I can’t say I tried something like that before, kero. It could work, maybe.”

“Then, try it with m-me!” It didn’t occur to Izumi how weird that sound.

“No way.” She flushed again and before Izumi could insist she added, “I can already feel where you are anytime, anyway.” It took Tsuyu less than a second to notice she had said too much.

“D-Do you?!” Izumi asked, surprised. “W-Wait. Can you feel where everyone is?! If it is like that, then-!”

“No, I can’t.” Tsuyu interrupted her. “I can only feel Izumi-chan, kero.”

“Eh, just me?” She pointed to herself, and Tsuyu nodded. “... W-Why?” The only answer she received was an embarrassed ‘kero’. “...A-Anyway,” She changed the topic “considering our abilities and our opponents I think w-we should separate.”

“Gero?” The girl tilted her head.

“We are the v-villain team. So our conditions of victory are a) defeat the heroes, or b) p-protect the bomb until time’s over.”

“So, we separate and then each of us takes one hero?” 

“Exactly. Kaachan is n-not a team player, so it should be easy to arrange. In any case-“

“I’ll deal with Bakugou, kero.” “I’ll face Kaachan.” They both looked at each other for a moment.

“...W-What? No, Tsu n-needs to go after Iida-san.”

“Izumi-chan should fight against Iida-chan. I’ll stop Bakugou.” She said with a serious expression. Now that Izumi noticed, there seemed to be a bit of hostility in the girl’s voice when talking about Katsuki.

“...T-That isn’t a good idea.”

“You said you couldn’t use your Quirk too much... And I really can’t imagine fighting against Bakugou ending in a good way.” Izumi frowned. Tsuyu acted as if she had a grudge against Katsuki or something.

Though it wouldn’t be that weird. Katsuki had always had a great talent for bringing out the worst in people.

“I k-know. But this is about Iida-san and T-Tsu.” Tsuyu lifted an eyebrow. “You two have huge mobility, but even though Iida-san is faster, he will be in great d-disadvantage fighting in a closed space. Which isn’t your case... So between you two, I’m 80% sure that Tsu would be the winner... On the other hand, b-because of my lack of control, I can’t say the same thing about myself... Iida-san would be a bad m-match for me.”

“But isn’t Bakugou going to be an even worse match?” She was clearly worried. And then Izumi understood...

Tsuyu’s behavior wasn’t because she hated Katsuki, though maybe she did… Tsuyu was being protective of her.

“Maybe.” She said, deceitfully calm. “But I know e-enough about Kaachan and his Quirk to win or at least endure enough until the times up or Tsu joins me against him.” Her eyes were full of determination.

“So that’s your plan?”

“Yes!” She nodded. “Tsu only n-needs to hide the bomb on the last floor. There’s only one access to it, so y-you can wait on the previous floor to ambush Iida-san... Meanwhile, I’ll make K-Kaachan fight against me by himself. It will be e-easy. Knowing him, he is not going to accept anyone’s help, so I will leave Iida-san advance towards the upper floors straight into your trap. And then we can regroup and go 2vs1 against Katsuki.” She finished and waited for her partner to answer. Tsuyu repeated her finger tic with a little frown, divided between accepting her plan or not.

“...What is going to stop Katsuki from ignoring you and just go after the bomb himself?”

“He won’t even think about it,” Izumi answered immediately. “Kaachan is exactly the kind of e-egocentric person who can't imagine himself losing. So he only cares for achieving a perfect victory, and w-winning by securing the bomb is something he would consider lame and b-boring, so he won’t do that... His only option is to try to c-capture us, to show t-that he is the strongest...”

“...Fine. But that’s not the case for Iida, kero.” Tsuyu interjected. “And as much as you trust me to win. I’m not sure of being able to do it while worrying at the same time about keeping the bomb safe. After all, Iida-chan is fast enough to just avoid me and go straight to the bomb if he wants. Carrying it around isn’t an option either, and it would be truly bothersome.” Despite her words represented a true problem, her tone was tired. Tsuyu probably didn’t have more sound reasons to deny her plan.

“I have a tactic to m-make Iida-san forget completely about the bomb.” Tsuyu’s expression turned crestfallen. They both were being stubborn, but Izumi knew she was right. She sighed and then smiled. “I know that I don’t look like a particularly strong person and that I am somewhat m-meek. I recognize that I still have a lot of stuff to change about myself to achieve true strength... But if anything, I know that I can’t just give up and avoid every challenge in front of me just because it can h-hurt me. I almost did before and I learned that you c-can’t win anything if you don’t fight for it... So please, trust me on this, Tsu.”

Tsuyu remained silent for a couple of seconds that seemed infinite and then nodded slowly.

“I’ll do it, kero.” She smiled, and the tension finally disappeared. “...So then, what do I have to do with Iida-chan?”

OKAY, THE TEN MINUTES ARE OVER! THE HERO TEAM CAN ENTER THE BUILDING.“ All Might finally announce.

“Finally! I was about to fucking fall asleep before it was our turn.” Katsuki started walking at the building entrance, leaving his partner behind.

“Where do you think you are going?! We planned nothing about what we were going to do!” Yelled Iida running to catch up to him.

“What the fuck is there to say? I just have to find frog-face and make her explode.”

“T-That’s a horrible way to say it! Weren’t we supposed to be the heroes? Did I got something wrong?!” He looked dismayed.

“Fucking chill, bastard!” Tenya stopped gesturing and just gaped at Katsuki, unbelieving of the guy’s terrible attitude.

Was this a nightmare? Was he being punished for something he couldn’t remember he did?

“...And what about Midoriya-kun?” Katsuki stopped walking.

“...What about her?” He said nothing else and kept advancing.

After a while, they reached the third floor, still finding no trace of the girls or the bomb.

Tenya was the only one actually looking for the bomb, though.

“Did those fuckers barricaded themselves on the last floor or what?!” It would make sense. Most of the floors had two access, one going up and the other going down, except for the last one. “Where the fuck-?!” He turned a corner and then saw her, standing by the end of one of the side corridors. Her green eyes fixed on them. “Deku.” He grunted.

“YOU VILLAIN!” Tenya pointed his finger at the girl. “We are here to put an end to your reign of terr-!” Katsuki slapped him on the back of his head before he could continue. “T-That was unnecessary!”

“FUCKING ROLEPLAYING IS UNNECESSARY, YOU DIPSHIT!”

“I don’t know what roleplaying means but if it means to act trustworthy as it would be proper for a hero, then I’ll keep roleplaying until the end of my life!”

“What-the-fuck...? How can someone be so fucking stup-? AAGH! FUCK YOU! JUST STOP SAYING STUPID SHIT AND FUCKING DAMN MOVE!”

“That’s what I was going to do when you interrupted me.” Tenya seemed unaffected, despite the blond time-bomb standing beside him.

Instead, he was careful of Izumi, who just stared at them in silence.

“NOT TO HER! I MEANT THE FUCKING STAIRS! DIDN’T YOU WANTED TO SECURE THE DAMN BOMB?! WELL, GO AND FUCKING DO IT! DEKU ISN’T EVEN BLOCKING THE ACCESS SO JUST GO AND GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!”

“Are you going to fight against Midoriya-kun by yourself?”

“DO-YOU-THINK-I-NEED-YOUR-HELP?!” His eyes were murderous.

“Fine.” Tenya nodded. “I’LL BRING YOUR PARTNER TO JUSTICE, VILLAIN!” He yelled suddenly and started running towards the stairs.

Katsuki watched him disappear behind a corner and then turned to Izumi. The moment his eyes looked at hers, the girl put herself in a battle stance.

“Tsk.”

Meanwhile, Tenya ran through every hallway and looked inside every room on his way up, finding nothing. Eventually, he reached the penultimate floor.

It came as a total surprise when a pink whip-like thing shot towards his left foot, wrapping it and pulling him with enough strength to make him fall on the floor.

Immediately he tried to kick it with his other foot, but the thing released him before he could hit it. He stood up and backed away, avoiding as it moved again, hitting the section of the floor when he was just a moment before.

“You made me wait for a bit too long, hero.” Said the frog-girl in front of him. “But now you’ll meet your end, kero.” Despite the cute croak, the girl’s voice sounded unnervingly cold.

“HA! I WILL NEVER FALL IN YOUR CLAWS!”

“They aren’t claws.” She showed him her hands.

“STOP PLAYING! Tell me where is the bomb and let’s end up with this madness!”

“Don’t wanna, kero.”

“HOW CAN YOU BE SO EVIL?!”

“Fine, if you insist: the bomb is in the room directly above this one.” The words barely left her mouth when the tall boy had already turned around to run towards the last stairs. “If you leave, I’ll make it explode.” The boy stopped in his tracks.

“W-What?” He turned his head slowly.

“I’ve been waiting for this for a long time, hero. So you can’t leave. If you do it, I’ll use the bomb’s remote control to make it explode.”

“R-Remote control?!” Tenya had turned pale. “...But A-All Might didn’t mention it... Something like that just can’t exist in this simulation... is it...?” He was sweating so much, Tsuyu feared he would have a short-circuit.

“All Might? What does All Might have to do with this? This is between the both of us, kero... And simulation? Don’t know what you are talking about. This is real, kero.” She observed the boy having something akin to an existential crisis, and couldn’t but be amused that Izumi’s plan seemed to work exactly as she had predicted. “So, if you don’t want me to activate the bomb and harm hundreds of innocents, we are going to have a duel, kero.” She smiled. Being the villain was fun.

At the same time, the rest of the students along with All Might observed the exchange from multiple screens.

“What is that dude even doing?” Asked Kaminari a bit disconcerted. “If he just started running right now, I doubt Tsuyu would be able to stop him.”

IF HE DID SUCH A THING, HE WOULD IGNORE YOUNG TSUYU’S THREAT.“ Added All Might.

“Does it matter?” Asked Jirou. “The remote control doesn’t exist, and the bomb is not even real.”

DO YOU THINK SO?“ Asked the man, in an amused tone, smiling brighter than before.

“Of course! You were the one that said it.”

DID I? I THINK I’M GETTING OLD BECAUSE I CAN’T REMEMBER. ...WHAT DID I SAY THAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS EXERCISE, YOUNG KAMINARI?

“Well, like a 2vs2 fight and stuff-.”

WRONG!

“EH?! But you said it!”

CAN’T REMEMBER A THING, BUT I’M SURE THAT I DIDN’T EXPLAINED IT LIKE THAT. CALL IT A HUNCH.

“This is a simulation of indoors battle between a team acting as heroes and another acting as villains, assuming the latter has a bomb in their control.” Intervened Yaoyorozu.

PERFECTLY SAID, YOUNG YAOYOROZU! AND AS THE WORD SIMULATION IMPLIES, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LEARN WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO ACT IN SUCH SITUATION WHILE PRACTICING IT IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT.“ He turned to Kaminari. “SO THEN, YOUNG KAMINARI, IMAGINE THAT THIS IS A REAL-LIFE SITUATION AND A VILLAIN THREATENS YOU TO ACTIVATE A BOMB IF YOU DON’T FIGHT AGAINST THEM, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

“E-Eh? But... The bomb and the control aren’t real.” He said, insecure.

OH, BUT ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT...? DO YOU TRULY WANT TO RISK CALLING THE VILLAIN’S BLUFF AND ENDANGER YOURSELF, YOUR PARTNER AND THE CIVILIANS IN THE VICINITY IF YOU END UP BEING MISTAKEN? SO, ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES?“ At that point, Kaminari’s face was pale as chalk. “...HEROES HAVE TO DEAL WITH SIMILAR DECISIONS EVERY DAY, SO I FOUND YOUNG MIDORIYA AND YOUNG ASUI’S BLUFF FITTING AND A VERY CREATIVE MANEUVER!

“...But, All Might-sensei, if Iida-kun ignores the bluff and goes after the bomb... What will happen?” Asked Ochako.

THE EXERCISE WOULD END UP WITH THE HERO TEAM’S VICTORY, OF COURSE.“ Everyone waited for the punchline. “BUT THEY WON’T PASS.“ He started laughing merrily.

Meanwhile, to Izumi’s surprise, Katsuki’s anger seemed to have dissipated somewhat.

“What are you fucking doing here, Deku?” He sounded more disinterested than angry.

“I’m n-not going to let you pass me, Kaachan.”

“Bullshit, you couldn’t stop four-eyes and you can’t stop me either... But that’s not what I asked?” He scrunched his eyes. “I asked, what are you doing HERE?”

“U-Uh?”

“HERE.” He started walking towards her. “Like in this fucking school, in this fucking building, in this fucking corridor.” He stopped at less than one meter from her. “...In front of me.”

“...W-What?” She paled.

“I knew you would fuck it up and ruin my opportunity to be the only one of our shitty middle school to make it to UA, you Quirkless shit, but I expected you to at least go to the fucking General Department.” With each thing he said, he seemed angrier and angrier. “SO WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING IN THE HERO COURSE, DEKU?!” She was completely paralyzed at that point. “DO YOU REALLY DON’T CARE A SHIT THAT YOUR FUCKING USELESS PRESENCE HERE IS STAINING UA’S REPUTATION?! OR YOU ACTUALLY JUST DID IT TO SPITE ME, YOU SICK FUCK?! ...TELL ME WHY ARE YOU HERE...?! JUST ANSWER ME DEKU!”

And as fast as it started, Katsuki’s anger stopped, and he just looked down at her with an annoyed expression.

“You are just wasting the fucking time of everyone, including yourself, by being here. Lying to yourself to think your fucking useless struggles meant something. But I will be nice and tell you something: THEY DON’T. Just because you repeat it to yourself every time you are crying in your fucking room for being a waste of space, doesn’t mean it will become true... You will not be a hero, don’t matter what you do. So just go away, Deku.” He bumped her shoulder and walked past her.

After some seconds, she turned slowly and watched him go.

...She felt empty.

She had expected him to be completely awful like that, of course. But she hoped to find some kind of catharsis after finally being able to fight against him. To be finally recognized as an equal...

She sure didn’t expect that... He had totally brushed her off.

Izumi couldn’t understand. If he didn’t even plan to fight her from the start, then why did he stop Tenya? Was she really that worthless in his eyes he didn’t even wish Tenya -who he seemed to hate- to waste his time fighting her?

Izumi clenched her fist, feeling as suddenly the emptiness disappeared and was replaced for something that she had rarely felt before...

...For Katsuki, she was nothing but a weak and useless nobody. Not even worth to be called an extra or used as a stepping stone... And he treated her like that, even though he knew NOTHING about her.

She already knew that simple words and promises without the strength to back them up accomplished nothing... That just wanting something didn’t make it likely to become true if you didn’t fight for it. She didn’t need Katsuki to tell her that. She had already learned it by herself.

She also knew something that Katsuki didn’t... The meaning of her new Deku...

Green energy surrounded her legs. Then she leaned forwards and jumped past Katsuki, landing with ease at the end of the corridor.

She then turned and looked him directly at his red angry eyes. Her own radiating with burning rage.

Katsuki had always had a great talent for bringing out the worst in people.

“Sorry, Kaachan but I’m here, and I don’t plan to go anywhere else!”

14