Catching Frogs (Drabble)
159 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okay, technically this is not a regular chapter, but a drabble based on this story and the prompt "a sparring match between Izumi and Tsuyu" proposed by my friend Alexa4077, who is now helping me beta-reading my fics. Bless her!

Anyway, this takes place chronologically in the FUTURE…! Some months in the future at least. Hope you enjoy it!


 

Unlike other young girls, Izumi Midoriya always thought frogs were cool and kind of cute. Pretty often she would look for the poor little amphibians to hide them in a safe place, so Katsuki and his friends wouldn't mess with them.

Years later as a UA student, frogs were her favorite animals and she still followed them around, but for very different reasons.

"Full Cowl!" She shouted, her body surrounding itself with green electricity, and dashed toward her objective, covering the large distance between them in just a couple of seconds.

"That won´t work, kero," her opponent said, jumping out of the way thanks to her incredible reflexes. She was Tsuyu Asui, her classmate and one of the most important people in her life.

And they were currently in gym Gamma, enjoying a nice training exercise Tsuyu had invented, called ´the hunting´. It was quite simple, the winner would be the first to hold onto their opponent and endure for longer than ten seconds. A bit like in wrestling.

However, beyond grappling at each other, they couldn't throw any punch, kick or similar. Only attacks at mid to long-range were allowed. So it was more a question of technique and thinking than anything else. Especially for them, being mainly accustomed to close-combat.

Making a U-turn, Izumi went for another try. This time, Tsuyu jumped over her head and attacked back using her tongue, successfully hitting Izumi… On the butt.

She skidded to a halt and glared at Tsuyu. It wasn't that much of a severe look, though, not with the blush adorning her cheeks and the slight distress on her expression.

"It wasn't on purpose, kero." It didn't sound like a lie, but it wasn´t making the situation less embarrassing for Izumi.

"Delaware smash!" With a flick of her finger, she sent a wind blast toward Tsuyu.

The frog girl dodged it, but Izumi kept attacking relentlessly, trying to force her to make a wrong move, which she eventually did.

While in the middle of one of her jumps, Tsuyu noticed how she was prepared to strike the moment of her landing, so she pulled herself away by wrapping her tongue around a lamppost. At that moment, Izumi leaped as a torpedo to its target, extending her arms to capture the defenseless Tsuyu in mid-flight; her greater and only weapon -her tongue- currently unavailable.

As her arms started enclosing around Tsuyu, Izumi thought it was her victory. However, with a series of delicate movements as if waltzing, Tsuyu maneuvered around her and escaped from the holding attempt.

Still propelled by the power of her jump, Izumi continued going upward, but as she was thinking about what she´d do next, a pink whip-like thing shot past her and then curved at the end. "No!" In an instant, it started wrapping around her body, trapping her arms effortlessly, and something light clashed against her back.

A very familiar pair of arms surrounded her neck.

Despite landing forcefully, the extra weight didn't leave Izumi´s back. Instead, now there was also a pair of toned and admittedly nice legs hugging her waist. "E-EH?!"

"Got you. This is my victory," said Tsuyu, right by her ear, sounding slightly funny for obvious reasons.

Izumi shivered, and immediately shook her head, ashamed by her own reaction. "N-N-NOT YET!" She dashed at max speed and started jumping around wildly, hoping to get Tsuyu off her.

It was a dumb tactic, but she literally had the tongue of her girlfriend wrapped tightly around her torso. Her body so close she could feel Tsuyu´s heartbeat, so her thinking process wasn't too logical at the moment.

The ten seconds passed, and Tsuyu kept her hold onto Izumi until the end.

She stopped moving, breathing deeply in exhaustion. "O-okay, Tsu. You won. N-now, please get down."

Tsuyu didn't move. "Don't want to, kero. You´re too warm and comfy, Izumi-chan."

"T-Tsu!" Izumi racked her brain for any excuse to stop this from continuing. "You a-are too, um, heavy…?" Tsuyu´s hold only tightened. "S-sorry! That w-was a total lie!"

Izumi was having a mini panic attack at the moment.

It would be a lie to say she was uncomfortable. Actually, almost from the start of their relationship Izumi had relished the physical contact and intimacy with Tsuyu, but that was only when she was sure they were alone. The thing that made her so anxious now was the possibility that someone would walk on them or that they were observed through the security cameras.

Not that she could say something that embarrassing aloud.

As if reading her thoughts, Tsuyu decided to have mercy on her. "Which are the magic words, Izumi-chan?"

She was perfectly aware of what Tsuyu meant with that. Thinking of them made her relax, as her chest became warm. "I love you, Tsu," she mumbled, so only Tsuyu would hear.

Only the frog girl needed to, after all.

As if they were magic words indeed, Tsuyu retracted her tongue and finally got down off her back. "I love you too, Izumi-chan." Tsuyu gave her a soft peck on the lips, making her feel as if every cell in her body was burning. "But I won, so you owe me a cup of jelly, kero."

Izumi pouted but didn't protest too much. It was just a question of time, when Tsuyu least expected it and they were alone, she would strike back.

It would be sweet.

5