Prologue
1.5k 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was on a peculiar normal school day, everything seemed normal as always. Still feeling quite tired from falling asleep late at night I woke up.

(Playing games late at night is a bad choice huh.)

While thinking so I started dressing up. After that I went down the stairs and arrived at the living room. In this room there is also a small kitchen. There was a person sitting on the chair near the table. It was my little sister Eriko. Well we aren’t really blood related as she is the child of my second mother. She came with her mother and my father told me to take care of her as they will be going overseas to work. It isn’t really a problem as the money is sent to us and the house bills are paid by my father. It is enough for our daily needs and we always have something left. She has black hair which is not too long and not too short. She has a cute face with golden-ish eyes, that’s a trait from her mother for sure. I’m sure she will be a beautiful lady in the future. She is pretty smart for a 12 year old too. Her height is around 146 to 149 cm.

[Good morning Onii-chan. The breakfast is ready so eat it or its going to cool down.](Eriko)

[Yes, sorry about that Eriko. You don’t have school today?](Satoru)

[Ha~i I’m free today because our class organized a trip to the mountains today but I didn’t want to go so I declined. Now let’s eat sa~sa](Eriko)

After saying that she started making cute gestures as if inviting me to the table. What is this cute creature? When she first met me she was shy but looking at her now I don’t see a trace of that. Of course I gave in and came to the table to eat the breakfast. After eating it I took my bag and came to the exit door.

[Then I’m going! Take care of the house for me!](Satoru)

[Bye Onii-chan. Have a good day!](Eriko)

After hearing a response I went out.

[Oh man, that game was so good that I even forgot to check the time. That’s a bad habit right there. I can’t believe I forgot to check the time again.]

That’s right, I Doyomi Satoru love games, especially MMO/RPG’s. That satisfying feeling when you level and power up your character is the best. You just feel your character getting stronger the more effort you put in. The minus of that is it takes too much time when you get into it. Enough about games because its not the only form of entertainment I have.

As I was on my way to school I was thinking about such stupid things. Well, its not like I have anyone to talk about that with. You guessed right, Im a loner, who needs friends when they can just stuff you at the most critical moment and tell you that they dont want you to talk to them, well that is an another story and a painful one at that, so I wont talk about that.

(I wonder what life I would lead if the world would have the concept of fantasy like the RPG’s do, im sure it would be a lot of fun. Maybe something akin to making our bodies superhuman allowing us to jump on buildings or running at a super speed. There would be magic too.)

Lets face reality here, that can’t happen. The world balance would collapse and crimes would happen all the time because some stupid people wouldn’t abide the laws when they can simply run away or blow those pursuers off.

Thinking about that I finally arrived at my school. It is quite a good school when you look at the grades of the students. Well my grades are something between average and good, its not something worth bragging about. As I entered the classroom as always, there was the usual sight of my class consisting of thirty people. Not that I care about any of them really, well maybe about one or two people? Taking in the account that im so uninterested in them that I know only some of the peoples names. I remember that I was with them in the same class but because I don’t like their personalities I don’t approach them as they are annoying to deal with.

There is the nerd type Takamune who is the boss of his group and a gaming club sitting in the corner of the classroom. He has the typical look of a nerd with glasses. His body build is like a stick. He is supposedly cold to others aside form his club. I experienced that myself when I tried to talk to him. There are the biceps enthusiasts like Harikuro having muscle for brain in the middle-back of the classroom. The only thing you can talk about to them is muscles. That group looks all the same to me. I see only mases of muscle. Well I can’t say I don’t like muscles, but that is too much for me. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for other people there are certain students in my class. The top students in our school. They have good grades as well as good looks. Compared to them I have an average looking face, black hair and black eyes and am considerably tall and that’s that.

When I was scowling at the unfortunate me for being in the same class as them one of those top students suddenly approached me. She has long black hair, a cute face with blue eyes making you want to protect her and a well developed body. Her height is around 173 cm. She makes you feel like she is a shy person but I don’t really know about that. She has the second best grades in school and attends to the music club.

[Good morning Doyomi-kun, you look tired today too.] (Azuki)

[Y-yes, good morning Yasudera-san.](Satoru)

(Here comes the morning dose of happiness and annoyance. She greets me like that everyday. I don’t know why is she always smiling when our eyes meet, what the hell. Im not even good with girls to begin with being that I was bullied for no reason when I was younger, of course not only girls, there were boys too, so its hard replying to her like that. Well she’s cute and isn’t annoying as the rest so it doesn’t really matter, but the gazes that are sent to me by those around me when she greets me are annoying. Is she some kind of absolute existence to them or what? As annoying as they could be its not something to be worried about because if they started something I would fight back you know? Considering that I play games all the time im still pretty confident in my arm strength and endurance.)

When I greeted her back, as if following Yasudera-san, another one of the top group approached us. It was Yasudera-sans childhood friend Hirose Hisagi. She as well has a well developed body and red eyes. She’s around the same height as Yasudera-san. Does having brown hair combed in a ponytail make her the cheerful type? She does act like that so maybe its true. She is also an ace of the tennis club and has won countless tournaments.

[Good morning Doyomi-kun. Is it one of your games again? Didn’t Azuki already tell you to mind it because if you don’t sleep much you will just be exhausted on the next day?] (Hisagi)

(What are you my mom?! Well it is certainly true that im exhausted after playing that late at night so I won’t say anything and Yasudera-san certainly did say that to me somewhere around 3 weeks ago. Sighing in my mind I replied.)

[Good morning to you too Hirose-san. I just lost the track of time.](Satoru)

As I was retorting in my mind the other two of the top group approached us. They were the duo of the top: Mitsumaki Tomoki and Uyemiya Shireo, famous duo rumoring to have the top grades in the school. About that, Tomoki is the number one and Shireo is the third. They both have fan clubs consisting of not only girls but boys too. Of course the girls have their fan clubs too. Tomoki has black hair and black eyes like me and his height is around 182 cm? In contrast Shireo has blond-ish hair and brown eyes. He also is a little shorter than Tomoki. Are his parents foreigners? They both are in the student council as well as Yasudera-san and Hirose-san.

[You shouldn’t bother with him Yasudera-san. The only thing he can have a conversation about is games, which is not interesting.](Tomoki)

[That is certainly true hahaha](Shireo)

(Simply displeasing, I don’t know what do girls see in him. He isn’t even greeting me. For me he is just an arrogant kid from a doting family. He is blessed with a good face and is tall too but for me his face and personality doesn’t match as his character is just bad in my opinion. Well im a little taller than him so that’s my win hehe. Maybe he just acts like that to me only, I don’t know. And why are you laughing, what’s so funny about that?!)

[What Mitsumaki-kun, are you jealous because Azuki talks to him? (ho-ho)](Hisagi)

[Surely not, Its just because Doyomi doesn’t really talk that much with others so that is why its pointless and there isn’t much to talk about games anyway.](Tomoki)

(Hmpf, there isn’t much to talk about games? It surely isn’t that you are just not interested in the subject from the start, nope totally not. And why did you even come here. No one invited you here so please go away.)

Felling being left out, I walked away from them in the way of my seat. When I did so, suddenly the floor begin to shine and I noticed something akin to a magic circle you see in games and it seems I wasn’t the only one who noticed this irregularity.

[W-what the hell?!](Satoru)

When I was confused I started looking around me and I caught Yasudera-san gaze. She wore an anxious look on her face. It was the look of confusion and fear of the unknown that is about to come.

And finally after a speck of time we were enveloped in the bright light.

9