Chapter 3
764 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I started walking again I found another horned rabbit on my way. Its status was almost the same as the one I met before. This time I chose to fight it directly to have at least a little battle experience. When I approached it, it turned its face from the grass to my direction and started running forward.

(So its sensing me about 5 meters away. That is good to know for the future. Its speed isn’t that high. It’s at the level of a dog running at full speed. It should be easy to dodge.)

When the rabbit was almost in front of me I sidestepped to the right. The rabbit realizing its miss slowed down, turned around and started charging again. But this time the dash was a lot faster and i was startled.

[Woah, careful there!](Satoru)

When it suddenly accelerated I forced all of my body to move to the side. I almost got hit as the clothing got a little ripped. The horned rabbit then proceeded to repeat the same tactic again.

(Its probably using its skill! So its speeds increases to about double when it uses its skill. Good to know. Now im prepared! Come at me horned rabbit!)

The horned rabbit again accelerated but this time I dodged faster than before so my trousers didn’t get torn again. It then repeated that action 3 times and at the last dash I was able to land a counter attack. It again died in one hit and I heard the announcement a short while after. When I checked my status again it seemed that I leveled up 2 times more. After storing the body of the horned rabbit in the item box I started walking again. Proceeding forward I first met 2 rabbits with both having a little higher level than the previous ones I fought with. They attacked me simultaneously. I somehow fought them off and won.

I got some scratches but it was fine. Next I met another 3 horned rabbits and being already used to fighting two at the same time I won without much difficulty. The next ones I found on the track were killed by me after sneaking behind them and taking them out. After the countless fights I finally arrived at the entrance of the forest. There was a road in front of me. The road was placed between the forest that I just came out of and another forest on the other side. Thanks to the skill that upgraded my vision I could see a city in the direction the road was extending to.

(All in all I killed 9 rabbits on my way here. They were similar in levels so I gained some level ups. In that direction is the city huh. That’s nice, but for now I would like to level up a bit more before heading to the city. I should let the bodies bleed out too.)

I took out a singe corpse of a rabbit and broke off its horn. It was pretty sharp so I made a large cut on the neck of the rabbit with it. Then I similarly cut the other ones and held them in my hands for some minutes each until the blood was gone. After storing them into the item box I went to the other side of the forest. The scenery was about the same as the forest before but, the feeling I got from it was a little sinister.

(What is this feeling? I didn’t have that feeling in the other forest. Does it have something to do with that skill again? Maybe there is something dangerous living here? I can only hope to not run into it. Now that I think of it, its the first time I’m walking in such a big forest. I never wandered into forests back in japan.)

Remembering my old times I walked through the forest. On my way I found four rabbits. They were eating grass near a single tree. I felt something different about them. Different from the ones I met before, so I tried to appraise them. When I did I saw that all of their levels were higher than 10 and there was one which had a new skill.

[Horned Rabbit]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
14
[HP] 70/70
[MP] 20/20
[Physical Strength] 18
[Intelligence] 18
[Agility] 26
[Stamina] 20
[Endurance] 12
[Skills]: [Rush 2], [Leadership 1]
[Titles]: [Leader]

After seeing that new skill I appraised it in no time.

[Leadership]: The user is able to control up to 3 subordinates. Enhance subordinates status (5%).

(Wow, what a great skill, It enhances the subordinates too. I’m still going to fight them but its good to know that they are stronger than the other ones. Their rush level is higher so I should fight cautiously since I might get hurt. Lets see… firstly I should target the leader.)

I tried to circle around the leader and hit it. My leg did hit it and the rabbit was launched away. It didn’t try to wait and see if it was dead. I immediately closed my distance to it and tried to hit it again but this time it dodged. At the same time it dodged my attack the other tree launched at me at full speed. When I looked behind they were only about 1 meter away from me. When they jumped at me I tried to force my body to dodge. It partly succeeded as I was cut on both sides of the torso. I clenched my teeth from the pain and paid attention to their moves. They didn’t attack again and regrouped. I sharpened my senses to the max. This feeling was a first, I knew that if I don’t win I could get seriously injured or even die.

(Shit! They are too fast! I need to get used to their speed or there will be many more cuts on my body! It seems like 3 work as a diversion and the leader is the one to do the final attack. Yosh, I will try to evade with my all and try to deal with the leader that comes afterwards.)

Just as I finished planning how to move they moved. It again was a coordinated attack of the 3 subordinates. One from the left, one from the right and one from the front. This time it was easier to dodge as I have already seen their attack once. When they came at me I jumped back then moved to the right to avoid the one which jumped right in front of me. I was pretty good at dodging when we played dodge ball with my class. My prediction was honed after playing so much online games too. I could guess how they would move. Well it isn’t always as I predict so it isn’t 100% accurate. The leader didn’t attack just as I thought and circled behind me. Just as it prepared to jump I sidestepped to the right again and after doing a turn I punched it. I was satisfied as I hit it even when it was flying in the air. It let out a shriek and flew to the ground.

(I think I broke its bones. This sensation isn’t the best one to experience. It died so the rest should be a little weaker now.)

After thinking that I readied myself for the next attacks. They didn’t move for a moment and then they suddenly rushed in my direction. The fight after defeating the leader of the horned rabbits was easy. It was a continuation of them attacking me and me counter attacking them. I got used to their speed so it wasn’t all that hard. After storing their bodies in the item box I evaluated the battle.

(The leadership skill allows them to coordinate to that degree huh… scary. It means that I must be on guard when I will need to fight people with that skill. It seems that when I killed the one with leadership skill they stopped moving for about 4 seconds. Does it cause a confusion to the subordinates that are bound by the skill if the leader dies? I should note that as a useful information too.)

As I finished evaluating the battle I again heard the goddess voice. This time I heard it several times.

[You have leveled up!]
[Hard Body skill leveled up!]
[You have learned Keen sense skill!]

After hearing the goddess announcement I checked my status.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Sex] Male
[Age] 16
[Level] 20
[Job] Apprentice Fighter
[HP] 120/140
[MP] 150/150
[Physical Strength] 85
[Intelligence] 50
[Agility] 85
[Stamina] 80
[Endurance] 70
[Skills]: [Fatigue resistance 3], [Cooking 2], [Hard body 2],
[Unique]: [Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 2], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [????]
[Titles]: [????]

(Lets see what changed in the hard body skill and check what is that new skill that I got.)

[Hard body 2]: Passive skill. +20 boost to statuses [Physical Strength], [Agility], [Stamina] and [Endurance]. The power of the boost depends on the skill level.

[Keen sense]: Passive skill. Boosts the reflexes and movement of the user.

(So the hard body skill gives me double the amount of the previous level when it levels up. That is quite good considering that the people can gain only 1 point per level. Playing games taught me that the higher the level the harder it is to upgrade it. The keen sense on the other hand will help me in situations like these. Maybe I will get less shocked in battle? Who knows. Also the appraisal seems to still take 3 mana for 1 use.)

As I ended checking the status and the skills, I bled out the rabbits and stored them into the item box. I then felt pain from both sides of my torso and remembered that I got hurt. I didn’t have anything to heal it so I just left it alone. Then I turned back and walked out of the forest. Thanks to my body clock I felt that it was around evening so I started to slowly walk towards the city.

6