Chapter 4
722 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While walking in the direction of the city I didn’t met a singe person. I hoped to get inside the city without problems.

(I mean, I will probably need something like an identification card. There were events like that in the novels I had read. If it is true then I hope I can get it somewhere. Is there an adventurers guild or something like that in this world? I don’t even have money so I hope I can sell the rabbits there if I can.)

Making my plan in my mind I walked towards the gate. The walls were enormous, almost like a castle. Standing near the gate were soldiers so I assumed I would go to them. They were shorter than me so it got me wondering if the soldiers had average height. What was also of great importance was the skill which allows me to talk in their language. As I got close to one of the soldiers, he spoke to me.

[Stop, I haven’t seen you around here. If you wish to enter the city then you need give us your identification card.](Soldier 1)

(Of course there is an identification card. My bad luck is shining right now. Man I was naive thinking that I would enter without it. Now what excuse should I give.)

[Umm, I don’t have one… Is there any way I can go into the city?](Satoru)

When I answered him, he looked at the other soldier. The other soldier then talked to me with a difficult face.

[You don’t have one? Hmm, we can let you in with a temporary identification card but you will need to register in the span of 2 days. Also you need to touch this crystal ball.](Soldier 2)

As I was confused what was about that crystal ball I followed his instructions and put my hand on it. When I did it shined in yellow color.

[This crystal ball checks if you have any criminal record. You are safe so you can enter the city. Here is the card, remember to give it back to me when you get your own card. I’m usually in the barracks over here so if im not near the gate you can ask for me there. My name is Alfred and you?](Alfred)

(Alfred huh… What are you, some great knight? What a cool name you got there. I should ask him where can I get the id card.)

[I’m Satoru, nice to meet you. Um, I have one question. Where can I register for the id card?](Satoru)

[Oh, there is the adventurers guild or you can register at the city lords mansion. I advise you to go to the adventurers guild. Its faster that way. The guild is open from morning to a little after the sun sets so it should be open right now. The guild is located in the center of the city. It’s a big building so you will recognize it when you see it. And welcome to Lostgate city!](Alfred)

[Thank you, after registering I will return the temporary id card to you, bye.](Satoru)

After saying that I entered the city. I started walking and thought about the city.

(Lostgate is probably a pretty big city for the fantasy standards so the population should be high too. It seems that there are two gates, the one behind me and the one that is located further to the front. There isn’t that many people walking here. They don’t swarm the city around this hour huh. It’s reasonable I guess. While im walking here I should look out for shops. They have signs representing the shops here so it should be fairly easy to check for any useful store. Oh there is a picture of an anvil here so its probably the blacksmith and the weapon shop as I see weapons inside. On the opposite is a sign with… a bottle and a bag filled with gold? Is it some kind of all purpose shop? I will have to check it later along with the blacksmith.)

As I passed both of the shops I could see a big building ahead. It was probably the biggest building in the city. On the sign was a shield and two swords clashing. The adventurers guild was mostly made of stone and wood. Its two big doors were open wide as if inviting you in. I was pretty excited about this. I gathered all the courage and entered the guild. The inside of the guild was nicely modeled.

On the left there were big boards with some papers pinned to them. In front was what seemed to be a reception desk. On the right was a place with many tables and chairs. There were some adventurers sitting here and drinking alcohol. I came to the reception desk, there standing was a pretty good looking receptionist. She had an unusual purple hair and red eyes. Her chest area was medium sized and her waist was thin. Her expression didn’t change when I came to the counter. As I did so the receptionist girl talked to me.

[Welcome to the adventurers guild! What can I help you with?](Receptionist)

[Yes, I would like to register as an adventurer.](Satoru)

When I said that, her brows twitched. I wondered what was that about but for a second but I soon forgot about it.

[Registration is it? Please wait a minute, I will get the papers.](Receptionist)

After saying that she went to back door and soon came back holding a paper and a pen.

[Here you go, please fill the necessary parts like the name and race. As for the skills and the jobs history, you don’t need to fill that. The purpose of writing that information is for the partys that wants to recruit you.](Receptionist)

When she handed me the paper and ink I started filling the necessary parts leaving the other blank. After filling in the paper I returned it to her and she asked me a question.

[I see you have a family name. Are you a noble?](Receptionist)

[Ah, no I’m not a noble. In my hometown normal people have family names. Also my name is Satoru.](Satoru)

[Oh, I see… okay everything needed is here, please come back tomorrow morning to receive the guild card. When you get the guild card I will explain you the system, is that fine with you?](Receptionist)

[Yes, thank you very much. Also can I sell bodies and materials of the monsters here?](Satoru)

[Yes you can, there is a separate counter for monster materials here, see? That guy will buy them from you.](Receptionist)

As she told me that she pointed to the counter that was in front of the big boards. Standing there was a masculine guy with a big scar on his head, he was bald and looked scary.

[Okay, there are two more things that I would like to know. First question is where to find a good inn. Also is there a library in this city? If there is I would like to know where.](Satoru)

[A good inn… there is one that I would recommend. Its ,,The late night” inn. There is good food and the rooms are cheap too. If you go out of the guild and go to the right you should see the inn after walking for a while. As for the library, there is one. It’s in the same direction as the inn. When you see a book on the sign then that’s it.](Receptionist)

[Thank you for the information. Then I will go, goodbye.](Satoru)

[No problem, goodbye.](Receptionist)

I then went to the counter where the big and muscular guy was. When I called him big, I had on mind that he was the same height as me. When I arrived there I asked him.

[Is this where im supposed to sell the monster materials?](Satoru)

When I said that, a smile surfaced on his scary face.

[Yes, you heard right boy. Do you have materials to sell? Then let me look at them. Also my name is Hugo.](Hugo)

(Hugo meaning huge? He certainly is huge so I guess his name matches him right.)

[My name is Satoru, I would like to sell these horned rabbits.](Satoru)

As I said that I begin taking out the horned rabbits. When I finished he had a surprised expression on his face.

[A item box skill huh… first time I’m seeing a person with a skill like that. That skill is pretty rare boy. You better not show it to others. You could get attacked having a unique skill like that. Next time you sell materials here please come into the room behind me to take out the stuff. Enough about that, I see you hunted 13 horned rabbits, that will be 2 silver coins and 7 copper coins. I added some bonus as I see you bled out the bodies. I would give you 8 copper coins if that one horn wasn’t broken. Here is the money. If you have monster materials then please come again!](Hugo)

I took the money he gave me and left the adventurers guild. Again walking on the road I looked at the sky. The sun was almost set. I hurried to the location of the inn worrying that it closes.

(That old man was probably a type with bad face but good personality. I can probably get along with him. The receptionist was nice too, it means that they have good employees. There wasn’t many people in the guild at this hour. They probably only come there to drink and ogle the waiters. Do your job! I mean if they did do their job then I guess its fine as long as they don’t make a racket. I only hope to not get dragged into their disputes.)

Just when I finished thinking those things I saw a moon on a sign, it was probably the Late Night inn. I looked around to see if the library was there but to no avail, even with my upgraded vision I didn’t see it anywhere. I then entered the inn.

The inside the atmosphere was quite good. There were people drinking and eating their meal. All of them were probably adventurers. Then a waitress came to me, it was a little girl. I wonderer whose child it is but I didn’t pry that much into it. She then talked to me.

[Welcome to the Late Night inn! Do you want to lend a room?](Waitress)

[Um, yes I would like to. Also can I know the cost for 1 night?](Satoru)

[Then come to the counter. There my mother will explain to you everything.](Waitress)

After saying that she left to the inside of what looked to be a kitchen. I came to the counter where a good looking woman was standing.

[I would like to know if there are free rooms available.](Satoru)

[A room for one person yes? That will be 4 copper coins, with a meal its 6 copper coins but as you didn’t get to eat the meal in the morning then it will be 5 copper coins.](Woman)

[How many nights can I stay here with these?](Satoru)

As I said that I took out all the money out of my pants. Of course I took them out of the item box but it looked like I took it out from the pockets.

[This will be 4 nights with meals including this night.](Woman)

(So 10 copper is 1 silver. Good to know.)

[Then I would like to stay for those 4 nights. With meals of course, I would most likely extend my stay here afterwards.](Satoru)

Just as I said that, she took out a list and a pen and handed it to me. I of course wrote my name on it. I also wrote the amount of nights I would stay for.

[Satoru huh… My name is Elaine and my daughter that works as a waiter is named Maria. If you have anything to ask then please do come here. Your room number is 3. Its on the right side, on the first floor.](Elaine)

After saying that she handed me the key. I took it and stored it in my pockets(Item box). I sat down in a seat located at the corner of the room and received the meal. It was a stew with vegetables. I was never picky with food so feeling quite hungry I started eating. What amazed me was the taste of it. It tasted so good that I couldn’t believe it. While eating it in fast peace I wondered if the ingredients in this world were that good.

Finishing the meal I saw some guys walking to the counter with their plates. I drank the water that I was given along with the stew. I then came to the said counter and placed the empty bowl and cup there. Next I went upstairs and came directly to the room. It wasn’t that big and there was only a bed, table and a chair. I, who spent the entire day with encountering many unexpected was quite tired. I jumped on the soft looking bed and immediately fell asleep.

6