Chapter 15
494 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The start of the eleventh day. Today I wanted to defeat the kobold boss and enter the middle floors. After doing my morning routine I changed into the new clothes that I bought yesterday. They looked good on me in my opinion. Thanks to being in this world my build changed a lot. I got down the stairs to eat.

(Today I’m killing the boss eh? I wonder how difficult it is, I didn’t even look at it’s stats but it should be considerably strong. Do people in parties struggle with the bosses? Thanks to the skills I’m not a normal person, that’s for sure. I wonder where I will be going next after clearing the dungeon. I hope I will have enough mana to talk to the goddess. I feel like I still don’t have enough mana. Time to go to the dungeon I guess?)

I finished the meal and got left the inn. My life in this world was still peaceful. There weren’t any strong monsters popping up. But I knew that something would happen, that’s why I grinded in the dungeon. Solo farming was efficient as all the exp would go to me.

I went to the guild to see if there are any good requests to take. I entered the adventurers guild and went to see if there were any requests.

I teleported to the dungeon again. The MP didn’t exhaust itself that much when I teleported to the lower floors. The reason for that is that I just teleport under me so I don’t cover the distance of the whole floor. The magic consumption is bigger the further the location of my teleport is.

When I got to the boss room I prepared myself and took out my sword. I didn’t look at it’s stats before so I appraised them now.

[Kobold Leader]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
40
[HP] 3000/3000
[MP] 500/500
[Physical Strength] 1050
[Intelligence] 300
[Agility] 900
[Stamina] 900
[Endurance] 1000
[Skills]: [Roar 3], [Smash 3], [Sense presence 4], [Leadership 4]
[Rank] D-

Around it were twelve kobolds. Their stats were upgraded e little by the boss but they were small fry for me. I started running in the direction of the kobolds first. When I got close to it I cut its head off with the sword. The cut was pretty clean and I didn’t feel any difficulty while slashing it. I fired magic on another two kobolds and jumped to the next one. I targeted their heads because it allowed me to kill them in one hit. After I killed half of the kobolds the boss roared and started running at me. While the kobolds had a pickaxe as a weapon the boss only had it’s claws. It tried to slash at me but I narrowly escaped. The roar affected me so my reaction was a bit slow. I fired magic again and gained distance, when the boss rushed after me I teleported in front of another kobold and looped its head off. I then turned back and kicked the other one to the boss.

I sent him flying into the boss and while at it bombared it with magic. It’s hp have gone down considerably. I finished the other four kobolds in a flash and prepared to fight the boss. It already started rushing at me and swung its hands wildly. I focused on evading as I didn’t want to get cut up to pieces. It didn’t stop trying to hit me so I bound its legs with different magic. It was a combination of four different types so it should have been hard to break from. I circled behind it and started slashing at it. I tried slashing its head but it stubbornly protected its neck.

When it finally broke out from the bind it’s HP wasn’t high thanks to my countless slashes. It roared again and began its rampage. Its movements were faster than before and I felt from the pressure in the air that the force behind the hits was more powerful as well. I could only evade or run as it was impossible for me to counter it in this state. I teleported to the back and started shooting magic. The boss ran to me at full speed while trying to evade my magic. It evaded only some of it because I was good at predicting. While I played RPG’s most of the time I was good at MOBA games too! When it closed in to me it jumped at me at full power. I teleported above it and brandished my sword.

[It’s the end]

As I said that I looped its head off. The resistance was so so, maybe thanks to the enhancement and my stats. After defeating it I heard announcements again.

[You have leveled up!]
[You have learned Swordsmanship skill!]
[Skills Smash, Fire magic, Ice magic, Water magic, Earth magic, Wind magic, Lightning magic, Dark magic, Space magic, Mana manipulation leveled up!]

I stored the corpses into the item boxes but left one of them. I wanted to roast it and see if it’s edible. I roasted it on fire magic and waited. After some time it was finally done. The taste was somewhat good, it didn’t taste bad or had a bad smell. The experiment was a success so I roasted the rest of the body for later. I could eat it while looking for the entrances to the lower floors.

I left the boss room and started the boring cycle of finding the entrance. I wondered if there were any skills that would help me locate them faster. I tried doing the same thing that I did when I acquired the sense presence skill. This time the amount of magic released was a lot bigger and I tried to make it as thin as possible too. When it spread I next visualized the various reactions I got from the mana placed on the surroundings. Thanks to releasing my mana like that I could feel various things better. The wind blowing, the trees shaking and the energy seeping out of the monsters nearby. There were only kobolds so there was nothing to be afraid of. Then I heard the voice of he goddess again.

[You have learned Map skill!]
[You have learned Magic perception skill!]

(Why did I learn two skills? I wanted to try if I could get something like the map skill but why did I get the mana sense? Is it because I felt the energy of the monsters? Man magic sure is amazing, can do anything you think of.)

I was very happy with the result. I immediately tried the map skill and when I did a screen with the location of me on the map appeared. There the layout of the whole floor could be seen. The entrance was there as well, I didn’t need to waste anymore time to search for that damn thing.

(The monsters are showed too, there is a single party on this floor. Looks like they are farming their levels. Well time to go, the location is known so this will save me hours of time. That reminds me, this really feels like a game now all of a sudden. Of course it isn’t, if I die here I will die for real. There is only GAME OVER, there isn’t a retry button.)

I just went into the place where the stairs were while hunting the monsters along the way, first were kobolds, on the next floor were forest wolves. They again had better hide presence skill than my sense presence so I needed to level it up quickly. I continued like that to the fourteenth floor. The scenery here was just like a marshland, a big open space filled with water and mud. There were new monsters, they had the same size as me, a tail and a lot of scales. They wielded weapons too, some of them had spears and the others swords and small shields.

(Is this some type of lizard monster? Seems hard to deal with, they come in packs too. Let's try with a sword for the first ones. I will figure out what to do later.)

I appraised them.

[Lizardman]
[Race]
:Monster
[Level] 44
[HP] 500/500
[MP] 100/100
[Physical Strength] 450
[Intelligence] 150
[Agility] 450
[Stamina] 300
[Endurance] 350
[Skills]: [Roar 1], [Swordsmanship 2], [Sense presence 2], [Hide presence 2],
[Slash resistance 1]
[Rank] E

(It's E rank? Wasn't the fifth floor boss E rank as well? Their status is higher compared to him, the only thing that is lower are their HP and MP. Ugh, doesn't matter as I should be able to deal with them.)

I activated stealth and rushed to the one that was near me. They all tried to hide themselves in the mud and water. They could be able to ambush other adventurers but not me. I sliced through the lizardman easily. It was probably thanks to me having many more points in stats that I barely felt any resistance. Even with slash resistance it only amounted to nothing.

The other monsters revealed themselves and started attacking me. I brushed them off and finished each one of them. There were around fifteen of them

[You have leveled up!]

(Is there supposed to be this big of a group around the entrance? Wouldn't it be hard for others to fight them even if they are a party? Well I have seen less and less of them the higher I go up so maybe this floor is hard to get to. Also there are those big stone plates on each floor that I have discovered but I thought that they are just some rocks. Maybe the is some sort of teleport? That won't change my ways of teleporting here though.)

I hit max level after defeating these monsters so I wanted to chose my next job.

Choose job:[Warrior(low grade)], [Apprentice Scout(low grade)],,[Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], [Swordsman(low grade)],[Magic Fist(middle grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)], [Fire Mage(middle grade)],
[Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)],
[Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)],
[Water Mage(middle grade)]

(Wow, that’s a lot of new jobs. There are a lot of magic jobs now but I think I will take all of the low grade jobs first. The lesser the exp the better because I will get double points for a level anyway.)

I chose Apprentice Scout and just hunted the lizardmen for the rest of the day. When I finished I came to the guild to sell all of the materials to the guild. When I threw out everything in my item box there Hugo-san began to question me.

[Let me ask you a question Satoru, say the truth please. Do you have a party or a companion of sort?](Hugo)

[Nope, I plan to be solo for a while. Did I hunt too much?](Satoru)

[So you are solo huh? I see there are bosses here as well. Tell me, did you receive any help from other adventurers in the dungeon?](Hugo)

[Not really, I didn’t want to lose experience so I hunted them by myself. Is there a problem with something?](Satoru)

I was confused, I didn’t know why would he ask me those questions.

[Never mind then, I will have to tell the guild to rise your rank again. If you are able to hunt the boss all by yourself then you should be pretty strong. Okay here is your payment, you are doing quite the unbelievable.](Hugo)

[Haha thank you, well then I will be going now.](Satoru)

I went out of the guild and came back to the inn to end the day. All of that materials gave me a quite a lot of money so I was happy. After eating to my full I ended my day.

8