Chapter 16
512 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Sa..t..u](?)

[Hmm, just five more minutes](Satoru)

[Satoru!](?)

I open my eyes on the sudden shout and I see Akasha standing near me.

[Satoru long time no see!](Akasha)

[What do you mean, it hasn’t been that long. And why can I have a conversation with you in the first place?](Satoru)

[Well you have enough mana right now so I called you. The time is limited though, anyway I wanted to tell you something.](Akasha)

[Tell me? What exactly do you want to tell me? Is it about my little sister?](Satoru)

[There is also that, but first I need to tell you. There will be a monster invasion on the city you are staying at. So I wanted to let you know that.](Akasha)

[Okay, thanks for the warning. So the bad feeling that I got was from this huh. And the other one?](Satoru)

[Your sister was transported along with the heroes. She was a person I didn’t expect to be in the classroom. I gave her the stats and the job you would get from me. She should be one the same level of power as your classmates. Well we are running out of time, please survive until our next meeting.](Akasha)

As she said that she hugged me. I raised my hands in the air and was confused. I didn’t understand why did she do that. When I looked down I saw her red face looking up. She stared at my face and then backed off.

[Etto, what was that?](Satoru)

[T-that was a good luck hug! We are running out of time now so do your best!](Akasha)

My vision began to fade then I woke up on my bed.

(Why is she so bold? Damn, I’m getting even more confused now. When I summon her I will ask her why does she behave like that. Forget it, she said that my sister is with my classmates so she should be alright. I need to level up faster because the wave will soon come.)

After exercising and eating I left the inn. I came to the adventurers guild to look for a request. I came to look at the big boards and saw a good request. There was a quest for thirty lizardmen just for the E rank. I had an F rank but I could take ones that are above by one rank so I took it. I came to the counter and greeted Emma-san. She returned the greeting and saw my quest.

[You are hunting lizardmen already? You are growing stronger and stronger aren’t you?](Emma)

[Haha maybe, I don’t want to die after all.](Satoru)

I then left the guild and went to the dungeon. I hunted the lizardmen first and then came to the boss room on the tenth floor. As I entered the boss room I tried teleporting out and just as I thought. I couldn't use teleport there, so I defeated the boss as it didn't have any role now. I then teleported back to the fifteenth floor and looked inside. There standing on a big rock was a wolf. It was the biggest wolf that I have seen. Standing near it were three smaller wolves. They were bigger than the Forest wolf but smaller than the boss. I appraised them and what came out was this.

[Alpha Wolf]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
45
[HP] 4000/4000
[MP] 500/500
[Physical Strength] 900
[Intelligence] 400
[Agility] 1400
[Stamina] 1500
[Endurance] 900
[Skills]: [Sense presence 5], [Rush 4], [Slash resistance 3], [Magic resistance 2],
[Rank] D

[Beta Wolf x3]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
45
[HP] 1500/1500
[MP] 200/200
[Physical Strength] 600
[Intelligence] 200
[Agility] 900
[Stamina] 900
[Endurance] 600
[Skills]: [Sense presence 4], [Rush 3], [Slash resistance 2]
[Rank] D-

[Magic resistance]: You are more resistant to all attributes.

(Well those guys will be hard to defeat. I feel that they are dangerous but I don’t have the feeling as it’s impossible to defeat them now. I should max my job and then come fight with these guys.)

I continued to hunt the lizardmen for a while. After some kills I finally hear the announcement again.

[You have leveled up!]
[Sense presence leveled up!]
[Appraisal leveled up!]

Choose job:[Warrior(low grade)], [Fighter(low grade), [Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], [Swordsman(low grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)], [Fire Mage(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Thief(low grade)], [Scout(low grade)]

I chose swordsman as a next job and went to the entrance to the boss room. The feeling of danger was lower than before. I prepared myself and then stepped into the boss room. I began to run in the direction of one of the three wolves immediately after stepping in. I could get the first hit on it which aggroed the wolf. It began to run in my direction so I bombarded it with magic. The other two followed it to gang up on me. The main boss was standing and watching its subordinates fight. I sneered at it for being retarded, if I killed its subordinates the fight with it would be much easier.

My fight with the beta wolves continued. They were very strong and they constantly used rush. I couldn't land an attack so I began to get angry. My skin was being ripped and healed while I dodged. My body began to hurt more and more so I defended with my all. I couldn't focus enough to use space magic. Under the barrage of attack from the wolves something inside me switched.

[FUCK OFF!]

I screamed and stomped hard on the ground. The ground crushed under the pressure and the debris flew around. Then I used ice magic to freeze everything around me along with the beta wolves. Then I impaled them with earth and dark magic. That action left them with only one third of their HP. They still weren't dead so I teleported to each one of them and cut their heads off. I needed to slice two times to completely cut off their heads, that's slash resistance for you. I then looked at the boss and smiled. Immediately after that I appeared in front of the boss and slashed at it with my sword.

The boss dodged it but I teleported to the place it was going to dodge and plunged my fist with no-attribute magic into its torso along with smash. It didn't seem to predict that so my fist landed. The boss contrary to its appearance flew away and crushed into the dungeon wall. That hit seemed to do a lot of damage so I checked its HP and I saw that one fifth of its HP was gone. I was astonished for a second because I didn't expect to deal that much damage but I soon regained my concentration. The boss angered jumped at me and prepared to bite my arm. In response to that I shot my magic and slashed my sword in the direction he was about to jump. If it used rush I would certainly suffer casualties.

The boss was in the middle of the jump so it couldn't avoid the magic but it caught my sword with its fangs. I tried to take it out from its mouth but it didn’t budge. The sword wouldn't be able to endure its bite so I added magic to my other hand and started punching it in the face. After hitting it twice it let go of the sword and jumped away. Unfortunately for me I realized too late and allowed the boss to speed up. The sudden feeling of danger gave me goosebumps. I jumped with my all to the side to avoid the hit. Thanks to that I avoided a fatal hit but I couldn't react fast enough to completely dodge it. I didn’t have enough leeway to catch my breath as the next hit was about to come.

I couldn't follow the boss with my eyes but my skills allowed me to sense from where the attack would come. I tried to defend the hit with my sword and was successful to do so. Because of the force behind the attack I was pushed back. Behind me was a wall so I had to struggle with all my might. I clad my sword with no-attribute magic to further sharpen it and make it more durable. The wolf sensed that I was preparing something so it let go of my sword. I didn’t let that chance slip and jumped after it. I slashed horizontally which resulted with a large cut on its neck. The boss activated its skill and took distance.

(It’s hard to pierce its skin with the normal attack so that’s why I added no-attribute magic to the sword. The denser the magic on the sword the more durable and sharper it becomes.)

The wolf then started running in circles around me and tried to attack me in my blind spot. Unfortunately for it I started to accustom my eyes to its speed. That was a blunder on its part because thanks to that I could finally see its movement. Even if my speed didn’t mach the bosses speed I could manage this thanks to my skills. It jumped from side to side to hurt me but because I could see it’s attacks I didn’t get hurt.

After making some counters the boss HP was really low. It suddenly sped up and had bitten me in my stomach. I coughed blood and while panicking healed myself continuously. I felt great pain and my eyes begin to get hazy because even if I healed myself the blood didn’t regenerate. The wolf began to bite stronger and stronger so I concentrated as much as I could to execute the space magic. I brandished my sword and teleported out of the wolf’s vision. I put every ounce of my strength along with all my mana that remained while also using the smash skill and slashed down my sword.

[HAAAA]

A scream leaked out of my lungs as I beheaded the alpha wolf, the boss of this floor. Soon strength left my body and I sat on the ground. The boss’s corpse fell down onto the floor as well. Then I heard continuous announcement in my head.

[You have leveled up!]
[You have learned Charge skill!]
[You have learned Pain resistance skill!]
[No-attribute magic leveled up!]
[Light magic leveled up!]
[Fatigue resistance leveled up!]

As I sat on the ground I opened my status.

6