Chapter 18
494 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have leveled up!]
[Mana perception leveled up!]

(Phew, I'm beat. I hunted the orcs like crazy. Their stats are double of the lizardmen but they die in one hit if I slice their necks. Without that I only need 3 to 4 hits to kill them. That should be all for today. I need to pay for the room in the inn today.)

I left the dungeon and came back to the city. It was pretty late so I rushed to the guild and there I sold most of the corpses without the magic crystals. They still sold for a lot of money so I was satisfied. I came to the inn and there I asked Maria if she could help me make food for me in the morning. When I said I had some orc meat Maria happily agreed. After that I ate the food that she gave me and went to the room.

The fourteenth day arrived. After waking up and doing the morning routine I went down the stairs. There I found Maria cleaning the tables, I came to her and asked for the thing we discussed yesterday. She agreed and so I followed her to the kitchen. We made quite a lot of food out of the orc meat. I gave her some as thanks and left the kitchen. After eating the food I went to the counter and prepared the money to stay for another week. When Elaine-san came I told her I will be staying for another week and gave her the pay.

I went out of the inn and came to the store that I saw while I was doing odd job requests. When I entered I saw that they were selling bottles for potions so it was very fortunate of me. I soon began to trade for the bottles and I the result was good. I bought many bottles so they wouldn't run out too quickly.

I then went back to my room as I wanted to make potions. They would help me to replenish my mana faster. My skill would go up too and because I already knew how to make them from books I only needed bottles. After doing the first one I seemed to succeed so I appraised it.

[Health Potion]
[Quality]
:E
Restores 10% of max health.

(Isn’t this better than the one in the store? I made this potion without infusing it with mana. I wonder if it had been made with mana would the quality rise too? Let’s test it!)

What I didn’t notice was that some of the books I had read were in ancient language. Normal people wouldn’t be able to decipher them. It was thanks to the skill translating it to my head that I could read it. I did another one that was a little different from the first one. This time I worked with mana while making this so the effect should be better than the first one.

[Health Potion]
[Quality]
:E+
Restores 15% of max health.

[You have learned Alchemy skill!]

As this way of making potions was better I continued to make potions. I of course made all types of potions so the alchemy skill leveled up two times. Mana manipulation also leveled up. After making all the potions and storing them in the item box I left the inn. After leaving the city I teleported to the dungeon as usual and looked at the jobs I could choose.

Choose job: [Elementalist(middle grade)],[Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], 6[Wizard(middle grade)], [Fire Mage(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Thief(low grade)], [Scout(low grade)], [Knight(middle grade)], [Magic Swordsman(high grade)], [Magic Fist(middle grade)], [Tank(low grade)], [Barbarian[low grade)]

(I will invest in speed for now so lets take scout. I should be able to defeat the golem on the twentieth floor now. It should be some type of a golem right?)

I entered the boss room and there stood a huge ass golem. The boss room was very spacious as well. I didn't have the feeling of danger from it so I wondered if it’s weak in fights. Its body looked quite sturdy to me.

[Ancient Golem]
[Race]
:Monster
[Level] 50
[HP] 8000/8000
[MP] 500/500
[Physical Strength] 3600
[Intelligence] 200
[Agility] 1000
[Stamina] 4000
[Endurance] 9000
[Skills]: [Slash resistance 6], [Smash 4], [Hardening 3]
[Rank]: D

(Geh, it will take me years to defeat it. At least its magic defense is low so I will be able to defeat it with magic. Lets get to work.)

The fight with the boss this time was boring. It’s attacks couldn’t connect because I had much more speed than him. Even if it had that ridiculous strength and endurance I just fired magic at it continuously and after using half of my mana I drank a potion. This proved to be very effective. I focused more of my mana in a single shot and fired it. The shot was a combination of two elements. When it connected it caused an explosion. It caused large damage to it so I continued. After five shots it died but my mana was exhausted. It crumbled to the ground and the magic crystal was revealed. It was big, as expected from a golem of this size.

[You have leveled up!]

I happily stored it in the item box and proceeded to the next floor.

(If I remembered correctly Radak-san wanted me to hunt the wolves on the twenty first floor. It was ten I believe? Well I’m going to hunt them anyway so that won’t be a problem.)

I hunted the wolves necessary for Radak-san and some to sell. I then came to the next floor to level up my magic. The scout leveled up to max after killing two golems so I chose another job. There were two new jobs: [Archer(low grade)] and [Thief(low grade)]. I chose thief even if the name sounded bad it should be useful.

[You have learned Disarm skill!]
[You have learned Lock pick skill!]

(There are traps in this word? Like the ones I see in games all the time in the dungeons? Thankfully I didn’t see any so this dungeon should be safe. But because of this I should be careful when wandering into other dungeons.)

I didn’t bother that much and continued to hunt in the dungeon. The wolves hide presence didn’t level up anymore as it stood at 5. I proceeded to the twenty-fourth floor to fight the orcs. They had the highest level and even if the didn’t give the most experience they were easier to defeat. I always went to the big groups so my magic would hit a bunch of them. I had a feeling that I didn’t have much time before the wave of monsters arrive. I hunted and hunted and before I knew it my job hit 100 again. I chose tank and as it was the end of the day so I left the dungeon.

[You have learned Provoke!]

[Provoke]: Provokes enemies to attack you. You receive 10% less damage when activated.

Before coming back I ran around the city again. This time I could run many more times so I stopped after the twelfth time. My stamina rose up very much, the same for my speed. The combination of my stamina and the skill allowed me to full sprint a marathon easily. I then went to the guild to sell all of the monsters I hunted today. Then after eating at the inn I ended the day.

On the next day I still hunted like crazy. I glanced at the boss on the twenty-fifth floor and what came out were three bosses accompanied by twelve lizardmen each. Their stats were something like this.

[Lizardmen General x3]
[Race]
: Monster
[Level]
55
[HP] 3500/3500
[MP] 700/700
[Physical Strength] 1700
[Intelligence] 600
[Agility] 1540
[Stamina] 1200
[Endurance] 900
[Skills]: [Roar 3], [Swordsmanship 4], [Sense presence 4], [Slash resistance 2], [Leadership 4]
[Rank] D

I wasn’t ready to fight them so I just grinded the twenty-fourth floor. I already knew how the orcs would react so it didn’t take much time to kill a group of them. I even saw some people fighting the orcs.

[Skills Fire magic, Water magic, Earth magic, Wind magic, Lightning magic, Dark magic, Swordsmanship, Concealment No-attribute magic, Mana perception leveled up!]

My swordsmanship and magic leveled up while fighting the orcs. Concealment leveled up too because I used it every time at the beginning to ambush them. Only space magic was left behind as I didn’t need to warp in fights. I focused on combining my assault with swords and magic. I didn’t take long to accustom myself to it and thanks to that made me kill monster more efficiently. But then, I noticed something new appeared on this floor. It had a different feeling from the other monsters. It was a violet orc, normally orcs were brown so I wondered what it was. When I appraised it I saw that this was in fact a rare type. It was two times stronger than a normal orc but it wasn't a match for me. I ambushed it and quickly ended its life.

[You have leveled up!]

(I wonder if the taste is different when it’s a rare. I should try it in my spare time. The exp it gave was the same as four orcs. My job is in the seventies and I think I will fight the 3 bosses after maxing tank.)

After finally maxing out my tank job I chose elementalist. My magic stats were behind by a lot so I wanted to focus on the magic jobs for now. I had a lot of them too so I had could choose whatever I wanted. Leveling my magic stats could prove helpful when dealing with the monster wave.

After preparing myself I stepped into the boss room and what awaited me were the full armed lizardmen. They didn’t notice me because I just entered. I activated concealment, even if it was useless to the generals the normal lizardmen couldn't notice me. I started accumulating no-attribute magic into the swords. It was the charge skill, I also used it while fighting the ancient golem. But this time while accumulating magic into the swords I also charged magic above me. I wanted to shoot the magic into the other two groups while rushing to one of the generals. When I felt I finally accumulated enough of magic into all of the attributes I drank a potion. After drinking it I shot the magic into the groups and ran to the one group that was left. That indicated the start of the fight.

6