Chapter 19
479 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran across the lizard soldiers that didn't notice me thanks to my concealment. While jumping in the air I brandished my swords. The general noticed me when I was near him so it successfully blocked one of my swords. The other one came after the first attack and it pierced its chest, it would have if the general didn't sacrifice his left arm to defend. While I cut off its arm I jumped back and looked how the other groups were faring. The aftermath of the magic killed most of the soldiers. While the generals were fine their HP dropped too. I continued the assault on one of the generals. As I was faster and had a better reaction than him my attacks dealt a good amount of damage. Even if its swordsmanship was a level higher It couldn't win.

It tried to gain time until the other generals came but I couldn't have that. I baited it with a fake attack and 5warped behind it. It was surprised that I vanished and tried to sense me but before it did I cut its body in half. I aimed at cuts on both sides of its body so slicing it wasn't that hard. Just when I ended its life I felt a presence behind me so I ducked and felt a wind pressure on my head. I hastily rolled away from the spot and while rolling I saw another one of the generals. It ran to my position so I stood up and prepared myself to deflect its slash.

When it came at me I used one of my swords to deflect the attack and kicked its stomach. I was only able to slash with the remaining sword as the first general was near me. It didn't take much of its HP so I was annoyed. One of the generals hissed and the remaining soldiers grouped behind me. I was encircled but it was easy to break out. I used the same method that worked on the wolves and jumped to the soldiers. They died quickly, not having enough time to shout their cries. The two generals were the last ones to deal with.

(Now how do I do this? Should I bait them and attack from behind? No that won't work they look prepared for this…)

I then suddenly remembered something and ran to the place where my magic exploded. True enough there were craters here and there. I hastily casted my magic into the craters creating magic traps. It took a considerable amount of mana from me. They would explode with their element if I set them off. I then stood firmly, looked at the generals and used the newly acquired skill.

[Provoke]!

After using it the generals eyes were bloodshot and both of them ran at me with full speed. I grinned and waited with my swords ready to set off the traps. When they were in range I activated the traps. Both of them were swallowed in the explosions. I smiling jumped into them and cladding my swords with mana along using smash I stabbed both of the generals in the heads. I took out the swords and jumped away. They fell down and the announcements came in.

[You have leveled up!]
[Skill Charge leveled up]
[Skill Smash leveled up!]
[You have learned Multi cast skill]

[Haah that was tiring.]

(But it was exciting at the same time. I know that it's dangerous but thanks to those situations I’m accustoming myself to danger. I don't want to die after all.)

I stored the corpses and left the boss room. The weapons that they had were useless for me so I left them. The dungeon would absorb them anyway. I went to the lower floors to gain experience, there wasn't anything new so I just went past the floors to the twenty-ninth floor. I was bored from grinding so I started adding different attributes to my swords. When I got to space magic I didn't think that it would succeed but it did. When I hit the enemy it didn't do anything special so I was confused. I tried different approaches but they didn't work.

Just when I was going to give up I tried it the last time. This time I thought the same way like I do with teleport or warp. I imagined the cut hitting the body of the enemy from long range or from up close. And then that happened, a large cut formed on the belly of the orc. I then tried slashing at a tree and transferring that to the orcs. I hit the tree with a sword and it cut the it in half. I couldn't feel the presence of the orc anymore. When I turned around I saw its head rolling on the floor. I smiled and said.

[Experiment completed!]

I was happy that I had more ways to attack or defend myself.

(It's something like a dimensional slash. It can practically double my amount of slashes. The normal slash hit the tree and the other one killed the orc. Doesn't that mean I can kill someone that is out of my range? Let's check the range.)

I tried to cut a tree 10 m in front of me and it succeeded. Then I tried cutting 15m and it succeeded too. But the 20 m and onwards didn't so I put more mana into the attribute. Doing that allowed me to extend my range.

(So the more mana I put the more range I have. If adding space attribute to the attack is possible then defending with it is possible too. It probably only defends me from the space attribute though. Well anyway it’s good to know how to defend myself from that. It is a nasty attack after all.)

I then continued to fight with the space attribute and by the end of the day it leveled up. Because my job level was low I gained 50 levels in a day. From 50 onward I had to kill four to five orcs to level up. I could have gained more levels if I just killed them without stopping. I didn't do that because I practiced the space magic. Thanks to that my space magic leveled up. When it was late I went back to the city to eat at the inn. After eating I secretly teleported back to the dungeon and continued grinding. I didn’t have to sleep thanks to the skills and fatigue resistance. I still needed to eat and drink so that’s why I went back to the inn.

I hunted using conceal and space attribute magic combined with other ones. I knew that this attack could count as a second attack but it was weaker than normal so I tried changing to a different attribute. What then happened was out of my expectations, the space attribute stayed and added another one on top of it. What changed was that my sword slash used one and the dimensional slash used the other. It was hard to do and it consumed a lot of mana so I stopped after testing everything and returned to killing monsters with no-attribute added. I wanted my magic to be on a similar level so I wouldn't have that many weaknesses. Thankfully my kit was very powerful. I had magic skills, assassin like skills and other melee skills. What remained for me was to train myself with other weapons and try archery. There was a job for it so I wanted to be proficient at it too.

(I always liked different fighting styles. I wanted to try them too but I was too lazy to do it. I have a chance now so I want to try everything. Magic is very interesting and there are skills too. I wonder what type of mass destruction weapon will I become. Well first I need to fend off that wave. It feels like some sort of a test and I will be sure to clear it. I have potions prepared so all I need now is to level up my jobs and skills to get stronger.)

I started running and massacring the orcs. The spawn rate of the dungeon was pretty fast. When I finished my loop the first ones already respawned. I was thankful for it because I could level up faster and wouldn't have to wait for them to spawn.

(I practically took the whole floor to myself but who would care? I’m the only one here anyway.)

I was a little bothered to be seen fighting here like crazy but I wasn’t scared of being seen either. I was just a normal adventurer so all they would see is me hunting monsters. The feeling of accomplishment was the best. After hunting for hours I got a little bored so I repeated the bosses fights as well. They would give me a lot of exp even if they were on the lower floors. I also felt that I have become stronger as the fights with them were easy. I knew the tactic to defeat them so killing them wasn’t much of a problem. Thanks to that I stocked on materials too. After defeating the twenty-fifth floor boss my skill leveled up.

[Fatigue resistance leveled up!]

My level was in the seventies already and it was nearing the eighty level. I gained a lot of status points from a middle grade job. It was much better compared to a low grade job. My stats were almost higher than the adventures that I saw in the inn. They were pretty powerful but if they needed that amount of power for the boss then how much would I need to gain in order to defeat it? These questions were unsolved as I had yet to take a look at the boss. I was near the entrance but the feeling that I got was bad. It indicated that I couldn't fight it for now. All I had to do was to level up so I did just that. When it was near morning I teleported back to the inn. I was tired sure but I managed to get my job to a high level which was eighty seven. I managed to level up to almost a hundred in the span of one day. I was satisfied with the result and I carried on with the exercise and went to get my food.

9