Chapter 20
493 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning of the sixteenth day came. I didn't sleep this night so I was tired. As I ate my food Maria came to me but when she saw that I was tired she didn't bother me. While eating my food I thought about how much of a good kid Maria is. I also wondered what tactic should I use on the wave but the only thing I was able to think of was laying traps and jumping right in.

(Well I will figure it out later. I don't even know what monsters will be in this wave. I feel like they should be the same as the ones in the dungeon though. And if that’s right then I already have a tactic to defeat all of the enemies besides the orc boss on the last floor. I should get a better weapon since the sword I first bought is on the verge of breaking.)

On the twenty-seventh floor there were steel golems. They were harder to kill but I still hunted some of them. They were made of steel so I wanted to craft weapons from that. I also had to make the throwing knifes too. I made my way to the room and started crafting the weapons. I didn’t know what the process would look like but when I thought about creating a throwing knife out of the piece of steel it actually formed itself. It costed my my mana but it didn’t take much so I began to make more and more.

When I thought that I had enough of them I started to make the steel sword. I wondered about its shape but then I found a solution, I would just make it the same shape as the dark steel one. I thought that it would look cool having the same shaped weapons in both hands. After making the throwing knifes and the sword my forging skill actually leveled up two times. I enchanted every single knife for sharp edge afterwards.

(Making the throwing knifes seems efficient. I can imbue an attribute to them or smear them with poison if I have one. I will keep them in the item box and throw them after taking them out. I should practice actually throwing them too.)

I stood up from the bed and went out to sell the monsters in the guild. There Hugo-san made a surprised face at the amount of orcs I took out. He told me to wait and left me in the room. After a while he came with another person, he was a person of smaller stature than Hugo-san but he his presence was still quite strong. He looked at me and asked me a question.

[Are you the adventurer that has been hunting a lot of monsters recently?](Man)

[Maybe its me, I just hunt as many of them as I can.](Satoru)

[Is that so, come with me then. Hugo in the meantime please count all of them.](Man)

[Yes.](Hugo)

[But can I ask something first? Who are you?](Satoru)

[I’m the guild master, this branch’s manager. My name is Gerwin.](Gerwin)

I wondered why would the guild master want to see me. Did someone have a problem with me or was it something else. When I was thinking about such thing we arrived at the front of the door. This building had a floor so that’s where the guild master’s office is. We entered and the guild master told me to sit. We soon began to talk about the topic of why I’m here.

[I won’t beat around the bush. We want to rank you up to rank D. Your rank right now is F right?](Gerwin)

[Yes my rank is F. But why would you want to raise my rank that quickly? I just got promoted to rank F recently.](Satoru)

[That’s because we want your rank to be representing your abilities. If you really can solo the dungeon up then your rank is D or even higher right? The Lostgate dungeon is rank C after all.](Gerwin)

[What does it mean that a dungeon have a rank?](Satoru)

[I means exactly that. The final boss is of rank C. To defeat it you should have a party of four to six D ranked adventurers.](Gerwin)

[Is that so. So you need a party of four to five of people ranked one tier below the monster to match it?](Satoru)

[That is until the monsters of C rank. The higher ranked ones are something like disaster. A B rank monster can wipe out a party of B ranked advernturers. You would need an A rank adventurer to match it. A rank is levels above B rank, they are viewed as heroes by the common people.](Gerwin)

[So its like that? Okay then what do I need to do to rank up?](Satoru)

Gerwin-san had a surprised expression and started laughing loudly.

[Haha you sure know your stuff! That’s right, there’s a catch. If you want to rank up then I have job for you to do.](Gerwin)

He then gave me a quest. It was a quest to deliver him one hundred orcs and two beta wolves in one day. I looked at the quest and then at him. He smiled when our eyes meet.

[Okay I will accept it. When can I start?](Satoru)

[You can start today or tomorrow.](Gerwin)

[Then I will start it today. Is that all that you wanted to talk about?](Satoru)

[Yes, you can go now.](Gerwin)

I left the guild master’s went to the doors to leave the guild. I felt that there were curious gazes around me. They belonged to the adventurers that saw me go to the office with the guild master. Of course I didn’t mind. If some new guy was summoned to the guild masters office I would be a little curious too. I left the guild like that and proceeded to the dungeon.

There I fought the aforementioned orcs and wolves. I was already used to fighting with them so it didn’t pose a problem. I first fought the boss and then fought the orcs when it was respawning. I didn’t want to lose my time so I did it quickly. After doing the task I was given I returned to the guild and came to Emma-san right away. There was a little line so I had to wait though.

[Emma-san I came back, can I see the guild master?](Satoru)

[Sure, he told me to get you.](Emma)

I followed after Emma-san and we walked to the guild master’s office. He smirked when I entered the room.

[What, is the task too hard for you?](Gerwin)

[Opposite of that, it didn’t even take much time.](Satoru)

I smirked at his dumbfounded expression.

(He sure didn’t expect me to do it this fast, hah get rekt. Anyway, my job is on the verge of being max level. I think I will choose another magic job. If the wave is going to be big then a lot of mana will be helpful. I don’t really care if someone sees me shooting magic of different attributes. I should be plenty strong by now, of course it doesn’t mean I wont get stronger.)

[So, can you show some them?](Gerwin)

[Yeah, but they wont fit here. Where do I take them out?](Satoru)

[Don’t bother taking out the orcs. Let’s go to the room where you usually take out your monsters and I want you to show me the wolves.](Gerwin)

[Sure.](Satoru)

We exited the guild master’s room and went down to the back door. There I took out the two wolves. When he saw them he agreed and asked me to give him the guild card. I gave it to him and went out of the room. I got the money for the monsters corpses that I hunted and waited for them to update my guild card. After some time passed Emma-san came to me and handed me my new updated guild card.

[Now you are a D rank! Congratulations, in this town a rank C is the highest you can get. That is if you defeat the boss of the dungeon which is also C rank. You can get it by defeating it in smaller party. Also you are almost the second person who ranked up so fast in a span of some days before registering.](Emma)

[Thank you, so if I defeat the boss solo then I can rank up to a C rank?](Satoru)

[Well you will have to do a test first.](Emma)

[What kind of test?](Satoru)

[You have to fight with and examine. They are usually C or B ranked. You don’t have to win with them but they will grade your fight.](Emma)

[I see, thanks for the information, I’ll get going now](Satoru)

I left the guild and went to the dungeon. I wanted to max out my job and get another one. I loved the process of defeating monsters and leveling up at the same time. Living in this world is much better than back in Japan. It felt like my emotions were slowly dying just by living the lifestyle that I had. It didn’t mean that if I changed it I would suddenly change.

(I would like to visit different locations too, this is a fantasy world after all! I would like to see different races too. I sure want to see how do elves look, people in this world are more beautiful that in Japan after all.)

[You have leveled up!]

I finally maxed out my job. Now I had to choose my next job.

Choose job: [Blacksmith(low grade)],[Enchanter(low grade)], [Wizard(middle grade)],
[Fire Mage(middle grade)], [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)],
[Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Knight(middle grade)], [Magic Swordsman(high grade)], [Magic Fist(middle grade)], [Barbarian[low grade)], [Archer(low grade)], [Guardian(middle grade)], [Element master(high grade)]

(I will choose fire mage, I always loved the fire element. It’s convenient and powerful, and isn’t fire just cool? The shadow mage is tempting too but I feel that the fire mage will be better. I mean, do they differ in something besides the name? I will have to see it later.)

[Fire magic leveled up!]

I chose the fire mage job and continued to hunt in the dungeon until a peculiar event happened.

7