Extra 2
512 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some days later in the Dizar Kingdom.

POV: Yasudera Azuki

[HAH!]

I shouted while attacking the soldier, the attack hit his flank. I was about to continue but I heard the capitan from the training grounds shout. That signalized the end of our combat training.

[Here you go, a towel](Eriko)

[Thank you Eriko-chan, this training is exhausting](Azuki)

I took the tower and wiped off my sweat. Every day we train with the weapons that our job is best at. My job is holy spear so I use a spear, of course it’s a wooden spear. We have a duel with royal knights every day and thanks to it I leveled up the spearmanship skill.

[Well my training just contains of controlling or using magic. It consumes mana which makes me exhausted as well but I don’t think its actually harder than yours.](Eriko)

She is already accustomed to her grown up body, even if she looks almost grown up on the outside she is actually twelve.

[I don’t think so, controlling mana is supposed to be hard you know? My magic skills aren’t that good.](Azuki)

Then in the middle of our talk Hisagi came and entered our conversation.

[How do you feel Azuki-chan?](Hisagi)

[Exhausted, that’s for sure. Anyway, why are we practicing combat with humans if we are to fight monsters?[(Azuki)

When I asked that Eriko handed Hisagi another towel.

[Ah, thank you. I think they said that the monsters supposedly fight with weapons too and that’s why we are practicing fighting with other people.](Hisagi)

[Is that so? Well I didn’t even get to see what those monsters look like. Are they similar to the monsters in games?](Azuki)

[I know something about that! They said that they are ugly and there are various kinds of monsters.](Eriko)

We talked for a while until the commander of royal knights and Tomoki came to us. The action of Tomoki ogling us didn’t escape my eyes. I was pretty disgusted about that action but I let it go. I also felt that Commander’s face wasn’t real too but I didn’t know what to think of it.

[How is the training going?](Tomoki)

[I think it’s going alright, we are better at handling weapons now at least.](Hisagi)

[And you Yasudera-san?](Tomoki)

[I don’t know, the skills do seem to level up but I’m still not good at combat. And you?](Azuki)

[Well fighting commander Rowley is hard, he always know how to counter my attacks.](Tomoki)

He said that and dropped his shoulders, I didn’t really care about how is he dealing with it but I pretended to listen to him.

[Don’t worry Tomoki, you are getting better and better as the days go by. That reminds me, tomorrow we will go with you guys to the dungeon. It will serve as training too.](Rowley)

[Really? If its true then I’m super hyped!](Tomoki)

[Of course we will go with you but we will only watch how you guys fight.](Rowley)

[So what about our weapons? You don’t expect us to fight with the wooden ones right?](Azuki)

[Of course we will give you weapons according to your jobs and skills.](Rowley)

(I wonder how will we fare against those monsters. I hope that I will do good enough. I want to leave the city and look for Satoru. Maybe I will meet him if I search hard enough.)

We ended the conversation and went to our rooms. The maids in the castle would bring us our food so we didn’t have to wander around the castle. The whole class seemed to accustom themselves to this new world. After eating our meals we went to the training grounds again to train again, this time we were alone. We all decided leave the kingdom when we get strong enough to survive on our own. We also tried to collect information but they didn’t tell us that much. They only told us that there is an adventurers guild which is a good job to make some money.

On the next day we grouped in the training grounds because today we were supposed to go into the dungeon. We also changed our everyday clothes into combat armor. Everyone had been given a leather armor.

[Please form a line and take the bracelet. It will help us locate you if you somehow get lost inside the dungeon.](Rowley)

We were handed a black bracelet which is supposedly able to track our location. All of us just wore it without suspicion and proceeded to exit the castle. All of us entered some carriages that were waiting outside the castle. Next we rode out of the castle grounds to a bustling city. There were many people on the streets. There were a lot of people with armors and swords so I wondered if they were the supposed adventurers. It was just like the streets in Japan, full of people.

We then exited the city through a big gate and rode to the dungeon. It was near the city, something along a 1 km walk, we on a big road through a field. The quite small compared to the gates. We went in it and walked on some stairs to the underground. When we got our there was a plain with monsters. They looked very ugly and reminded me of a common enemy in RPG games that Satoru played. They were goblins, when some girls in our class looked at them they voiced their dissatisfaction.

When they noticed us they immediately attacked. Thanks to our stats we were levels of power above them but some people were still scared. I took my first step and pushed my spear in the face of the goblins. It impaled the goblin and it died instantly so I was surprised. Some other people including Eriko and Hisagi attacked them too. Hisagi slashed with her sword and Eriko shoot them with her magic. The explosions consisted of wind and fire type magic.

[Combining two elements in such a small amount of time, as expected of a hero!](Soldier 1)

[Not wavering while facing their enemies for the first time, as expected of a hero!](Soldier 2)

I found their praises actually didn’t contain any spec of respect. They were just some useless praises to probably get on our good side. I didn’t know why they would do that but it seemed that those praises got to Tomoki’s head. He was trying to act cool by defeating more goblins. He succeeded in doing so and flashed a glance at me but I was busy fighting the goblins so I didn’t see his action. I was fighting them near Hisagi and Eriko so we helped each other out. Our teamwork couldn't be called perfect but to me we were doing good enough.

After the fight’s ended we walked to the next floor. There the next monsters were some sort of bulls, they had three horns on their head and were quite fast. We didn’t really have any difficulty dealing with them. Our dungeon trip ended when we moved to the fifth floor and fought the boss in our designed groups. Before we fought with the boss the duo of Tomoki and Shireo invited us to their team. We refused as we felt that they would get in the way of our teamwork. The fight with the boss which looked like a big goblin ended quite fast. It wasn’t hard to kill it as it didn’t even survive three hits from me and Hisagi. Erik cleared all the other goblins that were in the boss room.

Our jobs after a day of fighting leveled up only twice, but the points that we got from the were a lot. Our team managed to defeat around fifty two monsters and one boss. We were exhausted after fighting this much, our bodies still weren’t that accustomed to moving that much in a single day. When coming back I wondered when will they let us out because we couldn't even roam around the city.

(I want to eat different kinds of foods and maybe buy some clothes. I only have the school uniform to walk in and the same is for everyone else. The king didn’t even give us any other clothes besides the ones for training. Why is he so skimpy, he doesn’t even allow us to get a job and make our own money. The day when we are free to do what we want will be the day I register as an adventurer and leave the city.)

We arrived at the castle grounds and went to the dining hall to eat. There we were having a talk with the tree of us when the king came in.

[O heroes, I was told of your magnificent performance in the dungeon. Tomorrow I hand out some money to you and allow you to roam around the city. The condition is that you won’t leave the city.](Reinfred)

[You hear that Azuki-chan? We will finally be able to buy some different clothes!](Hisagi)

[Yes! I can try registering in the adventurers guild too!](Azuki)

[I want to do it too, Azuki-san will you help me register too?](Eriko)

[Of course we will go together, what about you Hisagi. Do you want to register with us?](Azuki)

[Sure thing!](Hisagi)

We finished eating and went to the bedroom. There we talked what where will we go tomorrow. We wanted to buy new clothes, eat delicious foods and register at the adventurers guild. Then still feeling excited about exploring the town we fell asleep.

In the king’s room at night:

[So tell me, do they have any suspicions?](Reinfred)

[My king, I believe that they don’t have a slightest idea about the bracelets and our plans.](Rowley)

[Haha, if our plan succeeds then our kingdom will be the strongest one in the continent thanks to the power of heroes.](Reinfred)

[When our plan succeeds I want to make some of the women mine. There are some women that I fancy.](Rowley)

[When the plan of making this kingdom the strongest of the human race succeeds then you can do as you like with those women.](Reinfred)

[Thank you my king.](Rowley)

[You can leave now.](Reinfred)

[Yes my king.](Rowley)

When the commander of the royal knights left the king started to laugh like a madman. The laughing only reverberated throughout his room.

6