Chapter 23
495 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending some time in my room I finally created another one Dark steel sword. I enchanted it too but I could only enchant it with Sharp edge and toughness. The magic edge seemed to need a higher level of enchanting. Sure enough when I appraised Radak-san his enchanting level was 5. I only have enchanting level 3 so it is not enough. After finishing the sword I stored it in the item box and went to the clothing shop.

I wanted to buy more clothes as the money from the reward was big. I didn’t take a lot of time and bough some clothes. Most of them were black as I liked that color. Other than black color I like red and gray too. Thanks to the shop assistant I didn’t have to waste time. Next I went to the guild again as I wanted to ask for the nearest dungeons from this city. I knew where the cities were located thanks to the books but there wasn’t any information on the dungeons. The guild deals with monster materials so they should have that kind of information too. I went to the guild to ask for information. When I came in I went to Emma-san and starter talking.

[Emma-san, I want to know. Where is the closest dungeon from here?](Satoru)

[Please wait a second, I will get the map.](Emma)

She left to find the map and soon came with it. She opened it up and placed it on the counter. It was similar to the maps in the library but it had names on it.

[The nearest dungeon is in the Leridge city, its here.](Emma)

[Okay, and about how many days do I need to travel to get to the city.](Satoru)

[It should be around four to five days.](Emma)

[I see, by the way is the any possibility that I can buy this map?](Satoru)

[Well we have several of them, as you helped in the defence we can sell it. But it will be around 50 silver coins.](Emma)

[Then I would like to buy it.](Satoru)

[Also tomorrow morning there will be distribution of rewards for the participation in the wave.](Emma)

[Okay, I will be there, thanks for the map too.](Satoru)

I placed the money on the counter and took the map. On it were mapped all of the dungeons in the human continent. The map was quite big so I quickly got out of the guild and stored it in the item box. Next I went back to the inn and repaired my armor which was almost destroyed by the orc kings attack.

On the next day I woke up in the morning and immediately came down to eat. I ordered four portions of the meal and after eating it I took the preserved and stored it into the item box. I bid farewell with Maria and Elaine-san and left the inn. Next I came to the guild which from came many voices. When I entered I saw many people sitting and drinking, the mood in the guild was quite good. I saw many people lined up to the counter so I did so too and waited in the line.

Each one of those people were getting the rewards for the monsters. From my observations each one of them gained from 50 silver to two gold coins. Of course the higher ranked adventurers having between 1 gold coin to 2 gold coins. The lower ones could gain one gold coin and below. When it was finally my turn I was given my guild card along with 2 gold coins. I took them and went out of the guild.

(Now its time to go, Leridge city is supposed to be in the east. It seems that if I follow the road I will arrive at that city. Well walking four to five days is a pain so I think I will run.)

I went out of the different gate that I came to the city and walked for a while. For a second I turned back and admired the look of the city from afar. It was the first city that I found and the people in it were friendly. I also reminded myself that not every city can be like that. Finally turning back I started running. The first day was peaceful, only some monsters attacked but they were only low level monsters like goblins. I just shot my magic while running and killed them in one shot. Out of boredom I though about upgrading or modifying my magic to have a better destruction power.

I tried making small bullets out of earth magic and shot them at the enemy at high speed. At first it didn’t work as intended and burst on the first target. I wanted it to be able to hit at least three targets so I pondered about what to do. Only after some time did I finally manage to succeed. The power was astounding, when I shot it at a tree it made a big hole and the tree collapsed, the same fate suffered the next two trees. I actually needed it to rotate in high speed which I forgot to add. It was practically the most important thing so I wanted to smack myself in the head for forgetting about it. I actually tried to do the same with other attributed but the effects were different.

For fire the bullets simply exploded and scorched the whole tree. The water bullets gouged out the tree, light bullets were like lasers the same with dark bullets. Wind bullets were the ones that made the most similar effect to normal bullets. It went through the trees easily and made a hole, the size of it depended on the amount of magic I released. Ice bullets worked just like a shotgun shells and lightning bullets were something similar to the fire bullets and wind bullets combined. The power and effect was much worse though. The space attribute wasn’t compatible with it so I didn’t try it.

Just like that I continued to run to the next city. I only made a small break to eat some food before the night came. I wanted to train my movements, vision and hearing in the dark, after all some of the dungeons floors might not be illuminated. I quietly ran across the road and carefully listened to everything around me. After running for a while the goddess voice again resounded in my head.

[You have learned Night vision skill!]
[You have learned Improved hearing skill!]
[You have learned Improved vision skill!]

(Sweet, those skills will certainly help me. I wanted to gain the night vision skill since in would be a great help if I find myself fighting in a dark room. I could always use light magic but why would I waste my mana for such a pointless movement.)

Just as I was rejoicing about getting those skills I suddenly heard some voices. They were weak but I could still manage to hear them. They came from the forest, the people which were the ones speaking were deep in the forest. I stopped, activated concealment and tried to get close to the voices. After getting close enough to hear what they were talking about I stopped and listened to what they were talking about. It could just be a group of adventurers but it was weird that they would go so deep into the forest. Nevertheless I still wanted to hear what the owners of those voices were talking about.

[Big bro we sure gained a lot today, thanks to your plan it was an easy job!]

[Yeah big bro thanks to your great plan we managed to get a lot, those women were quite good especially how they screamed when we raped them!]

Hearing this my mood got worse. I was just curious about those people but didn’t expect them to be bandits. I suddenly remembered the advice that Alfred told me, inside the dungeon you must also watch out for others as they can be targeting you. Although this isn’t the dungeon but this doesn’t mean that it won’t happen.

[Haha you guys, it was just a simple plan. You also can’t forget about the magic bow that we looted! It will surely sell for a lot of money!]

I used concealment and appraised the trio.

[Name] Gather
[Race] Human
[Age] 23
[Level] 46
[Job] Bandit
[HP] 1300/1300
[MP] 200/200
[Physical Strength] 1046
[Intelligence] 100
[Agility] 1346
[Stamina] 746
[Endurance] 500
[Skills]: [Disarm 2], [Lock pick 3]

[Hide presence 3], [Sense presence 3], [Smash 2], [Swordsmanship 4]
[Titles]: [Murderer]

Those guys weren’t really all that powerful. The best one of them was this Gather guy and the rest was weak. They were still talking but I didn’t bother listening anymore. They were bandits so I prepared for my assault. This world allows killing the criminals so it wouldn't be a burden on my heart later.

(If they hunt people then it’s normal that they can be hunted instead.)

I prepared my magic and aimed at the heads of the weaker two. The magic that I used was one of the bullet types. Wind bullets make the practically no noise and they penetrate the target. I quickly shot those bullets and jumped behind the strongest one of them and slashed my sword at his neck. When the bullets hit the two it was just a moment. The last bandit didn’t even have time to scream as his head was separated from his body. The whole action took only about three seconds.

[You have leveled up!]

(Now that’s dark, I can level up by killing people too? I wonder if I changed, I don’t even feel any regret after killing those three. Even if they were bastards but they are still humans. In any case it is somewhat a good point, at least I won’t hesitate much in a critical moment. I wonder if they have any bounty on their heads, it’s a fantasy world after all. It’s better to take those three’s corpses and then inquire about them. If they don’t have any bounty then I will just burn their corpses.)

After storing those corpses in my item box I looked at the bags that were laying on the ground. There were two of them, one small and one big. I first opened the bigger one and what was inside was equipment. There was a bow a sword two daggers and a staff. I appraised them and besides the bow and the staff the rest were ordinary weapons.

[Magic staff]
[Quality]:
E
[Ability]:
[Mana manipulation]

[Magic bow]
[Quality]
:D
[Ability]: [Attribute granting]

(So the magic bow grants an attribute to the arrow. It seems that it is worth quite a bit of money. I will take all of them. It’s better to sell all of the equipment besides the bow as I probably won’t use it anyway.)

Then I opened the second bag and it actually was a magic bag that stores things. In it was money, about 7 gold coins. I then left the camp and continued to run to the city throughout the night. I didn’t encounter any problems for the rest of the way.

5