Chapter 25
499 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the next day after waking up and eating breakfast I decided to go straight to the dungeon. While eating I also looked around but I couldn't find that wolf girl. I figured those guys wouldn't be here after making such a ruckus and embarrassing themselves. While on my way to the dungeon I also found out that there were other races here and there among the adventurers.

On my first day in this city I actually didn’t pay attention to other people at all. When I noticed that I began looking at all other races besides human, well most of people that caught my attention were girls. After all in japan there were many games with demi-humans or monster girls, of course I played them only for research purposes. In my opinion the animal ears or tails made them look cute. While walking I enjoyed seeing the other races and saw quite a lot of different ones. Most of them had cat or dog ears, the same was for men too. There weren’t a lot of other races though.

When I arrived at the dungeon I entered it and rushed in the direction of the stairs that lead to the next floor. I quickly found the stairs thanks to the map skill. On the second floor the scenery was like a jungle, completely different from the first floor. There were man eaters but just like treants they couldn’t move so it was easy to kill them or avoid them. My job reached max level again so the next job I chose was Enchanter. I though that maybe if I chose this job my enchanting level would rise.

After choosing my job it did increase by one level and I chose to go onto the next floor. The third floor had goblins which were called red caps that jumped on the trees. They mostly had bows or spears and moved in groups trying to ambush me. It didn’t succeed as my level of sense presence was better than theirs. Their power wasn’t that good but their speed was very fast. Their rank was D but because they were probably barely considered as D. They moved in groups and thanks to their high agility they were harder to deal with.

The fourth floor was still a forest but the monsters this time were monkeys. They jumped from tree to tree and tried to smash into me from different angles. They were stronger than the red caps but their speed wasn’t as good. Well even if they were fast I could still see where they were. Thanks to my upgraded senses I could see their movements but they were still very fast. I trained my reaction speed and counter attacks while getting besieged by the monkeys.

The attacks came from different ways and were targeting different places on my body. They didn’t really pose any threat to me so I trained like that for a while and my swordsmanship leveled up! After I noticed that continuing this action wasn’t effective anymore I just went to the boss room directly. Inside the boss room was a big withered tree. When I appraised it the name of the monster was Elder treant. It was a stronger type of treant but it still fell quickly thanks to my magic.

After finishing the boss my enchanter job rose to the max level which was very fast. I remembered that those monsters are actually much stronger than the ones I found in my first dungeon. The exp I gained by defeating a monster here was definitely higher than so my job level rose quickly. Especially because that job was a low grade job. The next job that I chose was archer, I didn’t know when will I use the bow but I first wanted to be proficient in melee combat.

When I left the boss room and went to the next floor the scenery was the same as the first floor. The only thing that changed was the enemies. This time the enemies were Evil treants, they attacked with dark magic along with their branches. But even if they were stronger they still couldn't move which was their biggest flaw. I didn’t want to waste my time on this floor so I quickly found the stairs to the next level. The next floor monsters were in the same order, they were just a somewhat stronger than the ones on higher levels. I decided to ignore the monsters and run all the way to the tenth floor. On the way I also saw a lot of parties fighting on those floors. Their teamwork was quite good so they easily defeated the monsters. After running for some time I entered the boss room and when I appraised the boss this was what came out.

[Vineweb]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 70
[HP] 3500/3500
[MP] 900/900
[Physical Strength] 2000
[Intelligence] 1000
[Agility] 2100
[Stamina] 2000
[Endurance] 2000
[Skills]: [Whip 4], [Hardening 3], [Web creation]
[Rank] C

When I looked at it stats I suddenly remembered the Orc lord that I fought with. He was stronger than me but I managed to defeat him by luck.

(This time it must be different as I see that I’m stronger than it. The entire monster is like a plant so the fire and ice attribute should be the best way to deal with it. I’m only worried about this web creation thing. I must watch out for that and try do destroy the boss as fast as possible.)

I began to cast my magic and got close to the boss. I also infused both of my swords with ice and fire attributes to strengthen my defense. When I got close enough to the boss and began shooting my magic it also responded with slamming its body at me just like a whip. Each of it’s attacks was heavy but I proudly stood on the ground and tried to reflect them at the best angle possible.

The magic soared and smashed into the boss and created explosions leaving only charred skin or directly frozen parts its body. The more I bombarded it with my spells the faster the whips would swing. After some time I couldn't reflect the attacks at the best possible angle so the damage was slowly transferred to me. It turned into the battle of endurance but the bosses hp fell faster than mine and my attacks didn’t consume that much of my mana. I could also heal myself but I decided not to.

Then I saw something happen, it suddenly revealed it’s mouth and opened it. Inside was a white substance which reminded me that this boss still didn’t use one of it’s skills! I tried to charge my right sword with more mana to burn them but I wasn’t fast enough and the web was already shot. It directly hit me and glued me to the ground. The boss didn’t miss this chance and tried to crush me to the ground with it’s attacks. I was in a pinch and tried to burn the silk directly but the silk was somewhat resistant so I could only endure the attacks while trying to burn this web.

[Pain resistance leveled up!]

While burning the web I also tried to heal myself but the effect only manged to heal the same amount of damage that I was suffering.

[Pain resistance leveled up!]

(Damn! This shit hurts a lot! This web is almost burnt and the mana charge in my right sword is almost done!)

I finally burned the web and escaped from that place. The boss tried to catch me but I only closed in to the face of the boss. It tried to shot the web again but this time I was faster and after brandishing my sword I brought it down while releasing the mana withing. The fire attribute contained in the sword broke out and made a deep volley in it’s body. The boss began to slowly burn and finally fell down.

[Mana manipulation leveled up!]
[Ice magic leveled up!]

(Well that was fucking hard! At least I know that fighting with the fifteenth floor boss with my current strength is idiotic. I should level up and maybe find a member for my party.)

I took out the magic crystal out of the boss and left the dungeon room. When I got out I sat down on the floor and took out my potions. I drank them to restore myself and left the dungeon. It was already late so I slowly returned back to the city. I took my time and strolled on the road and after some minutes I was near the city my ears suddenly picked up a voice. The voice was coming from the forest depths. I hesitated for a second but the hesitation soon disappeared. If there was a person calling for help why wouldn't I go and help them. I wasn’t so coldblooded to just ignore it so I jumped into the forest and ran to where the voice was coming from.

When I got closer to it I could make out that the voice was familiar. It was the voice of the wolf girl that was in the inn yesterday. When I was relatively close the voice stopped so I hastened my speed. When I got close I saw four people encircling the wolf girl. Those people were the people of her party but I knew that they didn’t really place her in their eyes at all. The girl’s body was tattered like she just experienced a battle. One of the men was blocking the girls mouth with a cloth while the other looked at her. I activated concealment and walked up to them.

[Haha, stupid dog. Thanks for all the money that you gave us! You was actually quite useful for us hahahaha!]

[Now we will sell you to the slave merchant and get a lot of money too! You will sell for a lot for sure, those nobles have quite a taste after all!]

[Bro do you mind if we have a taste first? We can’t let go of such a great opportunity right!]

[Yeah I agree, girl let’s have some fun. You surely won’t forget this great experience.]

He ripped off the girls armor and revealed her valley. The girl was crying and the light in her eyes began to dimm. He then reached with his hand to the lower part of her body.

[Haha my brothers I will go first!]

[Yeah, you will be the first one to die, trash!](Satoru)

4