Chapter 26
461 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A figure suddenly revealed itself from the shadows of night. In it’s hand was a sword that was coming down at the guy who tried to assault the girl. That guy didn’t even have time to react when his head tied with bandages was pierced. His body fell to the ground and didn’t move anymore. Those people took their weapons and were ready to fight but they couldn't help shivering when they looked at the face of that man. His eyes were cold, you could also notice disgust directed at them.

[W-wait, aren’t you that guy from the inn? Why the fuck are you here!]

They suddenly remembered that one guy that played around them in the inn. That brought shame to them so they wouldn't appear at that inn again. They wanted to get back at him the next day but ultimately failed because they couldn't find him. Now that that man was already in front of them what they were waiting for?

[Now that you are here don’t expect to leave alive! Come on brothers let’s avenge our brother!]

After those words they quickly regained their confidence. They all forgot about their loss in the inn. They all used all the power their could muster to kill this person.

The first one that came to me was the guy with daggers. While he was running to me I charged some mana into my sword. I didn’t wait for him to begin his attack and slashed at him when he was in range of my attack. He tried to block this slash with his dagger but the force behind this attack wasn’t anything to scoff at. That man daggers broke and fell to the ground and my attack made a slash mark on his body.

When he fell to the ground another one of the men came up, it was the guy with the sword. I smirked and parried his strike and while doing that I took out a second sword. With that sword I pierced the location where his heart would be. He fell lifeless to the ground just like the first guy. The last guy was the one with the battleaxe, but his whole body was shining in red aura. When he attacked I felt some danger from this attack. If I took this attack head on I would probably lose in therms of power. I evaded it and appraised this guy again and I soon knew why his power almost doubled. It was thanks to this berserk skill. His job was berserker so I wondered if he got any skill from that. I quickly appraised the skill to have some information.

[Berserk]: While activated doubles your Strength stat. In exchange your mind is confused and you lose the ability to think. The more you use it the more exhausted you will be after deactivating it.

(So it makes you just like a wild beast with power huh? A convenient skill but you take a risk as well. If you won’t defeat the enemy in time you will probably die.)

I focused on evading as his power now was above mine. I could evade for the whole minute but where was the fun in that? This was my first fight with another human where we wanted to kill each other and he was somewhat decent in power. I didn’t really feel any repulsion from killing people so I wondered if everything with me is okay. While evading I though for a while.

(This time even if his power is above mine his other stats aren’t higher than mine. For example my speed, I can evade his attacks easily as they strong but not fast. The same could be said about using magic, I could just blow him up considering that his intelligence isn’t high. At the start appraisal told me that intelligence can help resist mind attacks and is responsible for the magic attack strength. But it probably also represents some kind of magic resistance. From what I know the monsters that are supposedly weak to magic have low intelligence stat.)

In the end I decided to just quickly deal with him. Now that all he have is strength he isn’t much different from a monster. I charged some mana into the sword and stepped before him. He used a battleaxe as a weapon which means that if I step directly in front of him he will have troubles with attacking me. Now that he lost his mind all he could do was just try to smash me with the pole of the battleaxe but before he did that I cut off his right hand. It slowed down his attack speed so I could duck in the right moment to avoid the collision from the pole of the weapon.

Wind swept just above my head but I didn’t waste this moment. While he regained his posture I was already back in front of him and easily cut off his other hand. The battleaxe fell to the ground along with his hand and when I looked at his expression I was surprised. I couldn't see any felling of pain revealed on his face, it was just like he didn’t suffer any wounds at all. I didn’t wait for another moment and tried to end his live but at that moment I sensed something flying my way.

I felt the huge danger that came from behind me so I quickly turned around and saw the guy that I first slashed wasn’t dead. In fact he was standing up and held an empty potion bottle. The thing flying at me was round and red. I tried to cut it but before I did I saw the ball explode. Before the flame spread I saw his happy face and heard him laughing at me and soon got engulfed in the flames.

[You have learned Fire resistance skill!]

The pain is unbearable so I began rolling on the ground. I tried to use water magic to protect myself but it evaporated in an instant. I saw that the water magic is useless so I activated light magic with water magic at max output and began to heal myself. While healin I also rolled on the ground to try to put the fire down. It felt like every inch of my body is burned and healed constantly.

[Fire resistance leveled up!]
[Pain resistance leveled up!]

The newly acquired skill leveled up and the pain eased a little. The next thing I knew was that I could actually level up this skill so I bore with the pain.

[Fire resistance leveled up!]
[Water magic leveled up!]

After rolling for a while the skill leveled up again. I didn’t know how long would I need to be lit alive to level this skill up more. When the fire resistance skill leveled up to the third level I could bear with the pain so I focused a large amount of my mana to make a waterfall above myself. When the water began to pour down some of it evaporated but the fire soon was put out.

[W-why are you still alive! That was a middle grade explosion ball! It can evaporate a C rank monster in a matter of seconds!]

That guy was in disbelief about what was happening and he when he looked at me he was horrified just like he suddenly saw a monster. I didn’t bother and quickly teleported in front of him and severed his head. When he finally died I began to gasp for air. In that moment I was scared that I would actually die from that.

(What was that fucking ball? I didn’t know that this kind of consumables existed in this world? It nearly burnt me to death! If not for my healing magic from the light and water attribute combined and my high intelligence stat I would have surely died! Isn’t this ball too overpowered?)

After grumbling inside my head I suddenly remembered the girl that was attacked by these guys. When I looked at her I saw that she fell unconscious so I feasted my eyes on the scenery for a second before quickly taking out a cloak to cover her. Next I took the remains of those guys and took all of the valuable things from them. These valuable things were mostly money but there was a surprising amount of it. A whole eleven gold coins inside, probably most of it earned by that wolf girl. I left the remains of those guys in the place where I was lit up and incinerated them. I then changed my clothes as all of them were burned down. Then I took the girl on a my back and while feeling a nice sensation pressing on my back I walked back to the city.

When I was at the gate the guards were concerned but I told that that everything was fine and entered the city. I went back to my room in the inn and placed that girl on the bed. It was dinner time so I came down to get it. I ordered five portions and ate my three. After eating my portions I took the rest and went with them back to my room. When I came back I saw that the wolf girl was already awake.

[How are you feeling?](Satoru)

She just stared at me vigilantly for a while and then she seemed to remember something. After remembering that her eyes softened and she began to talk.

[A-are you the one who rescued me?](Girl)

[Well it seems like it, here you go. You better eat something first then we can talk.](Satoru)

[A-ah thank you very much.](Gril)

When she was about to get up she remembered something again and her face was red. She glanced at her chest and then sighed in relief. She stood up and came to the table where the dinner was placed and began to eat. I watched her stuffing herself with the food and let out a slight smile. After she was done she stood up and bowed, I felt a sense of deja vu.

[For the second time I must thank you! What can I do to repay you for saving me!](Girl)

[For now can you tell me your name? My name is Satoru](Satoru)

[Yes, my name is Lisa!](Lisa)

[Lisa, okay. Can you first tell me why were you with those guys to begin with?](Satoru)

5