Chapter 33
442 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now we are eating breakfast in the inn. For the whole week I hunted big bulls along with Lisa to level up her jobs. I too leveled up some of my jobs too so I got stronger too. The equipment helped us a lot, especially the swords. Thanks to them I had easier time penetrating the skin of the black bull. Lisa had to accustom herself to the new sword so at the start she was a little clumsy but it got better further on.

You could say that every day I maxed out one middle grade job. It’s a peace that is impossible for others, only I can do that. At first I wondered why do adventurers have to spend so much time in the dungeons. It turns out that it’s because of my blessings from Akasha and the amount of my skills. Even if someone had stats like me he couldn't do something like that without skills.

Anyway I managed to max out eight jobs including wizard throughout that whole week. They are knight, berserker, assassin, magic fist, tracker, guardian and reflector. I also went to the higher floors as the big bulls we hunted weren’t hard to kill anymore. I secretly teleported to the dungeon at night and explore further in. The boss on the fifteenth floor was a monster Red cap King accompanied by several red caps.

The boss was much quicker than the normal red caps. Thanks to my stats I could see his movements and even catch up to him. He didn’t have high defense so he died after several hits from my swords. The higher version of red cap called blood cap that is on the sixteenth floor is tricky. They use poison on their weapons and their camouflage skills are better. I continued to the twentieth floor and on the nineteenth floor were minotaurs as strong as the orc king. On the twentieth floor the boss was a King Ape. You could say that he looks like a big gorilla.

His attacks were strong, he had both strength and speed. If I were to compare him to any monsters that I defeated then he would be a bit stronger than orc king. They monkeys that accompanied him were trying to hit me in sync but because my endurance was higher their attacks didn’t deal much damage. There was a moment when the king ape was enraged and activated his berserk skill. He just grabbed the monkeys near him and threw them at me with incredible speed. I had to cut them before they smashed into me.

The strength of the ape king after activating berserk skill was top notch. At first he threw everything near him including trees and rocks at me. When it saw that this didn’t have any effect he again charged to me to fight at close range but because his ability to think was reduced I could deal with him by teleporting to his sides while attacking.

After defeating the Ape King I moved on. The monkeys on the twenty first floor are similar to a small version of the boss. They are named gorillas though. I also found out that on the twenty fourth floor the enemies are orcs. Unexpectedly all the orcs on that floor are variants. All of them are C ranks and their status is very high. Each one of them is a little bit weaker than an Orc King. They were troublesome because they appeared in groups just like normal orcs. The me in the past would probably instantly die by their hands.

Adding to that their sense presence skill is on the same level as my concealment so I couldn’t hide from them. I figured I would use it all the time to level it up. It wasn’t long until my concealment leveled up and they couldn’t sense me anymore. When I entered the twenty fifth floor I met the monster that my weapons and armor are made of, the Mad Bull. It didn’t behave like the big bull and rushed at me the moment it saw me.

I first stopped his charge with walls made of earth and ice and tied him to the ground with tentacles made out of light and dark magic. Stopping it’s movements took some of my mana so I didn’t wait for it to break out and tried to deal the most of damage. When it’s hp fell considerably it used the ability that I waited for, the rock splash. They restrains broke off and our battle changed to hit and run one.

All in all it wasn’t much different from the battle with the big bull. Mad bull’s armor is probably more tough than big bull’s but because I have the mad bull’s sword it’s considerably easier. After defeating it I stored the whole corpse in my item box. I would make armor and weapons out of them later. The bulls on the next floor were variants but as they weren’t hostile I just ran past them. It would take too much time to deal with each and every one of them.

On the twenty ninth floor there turtles and I don’t mean real turtles but big turtles. Their height is the same as the big bulls. If you hit them they would immediately curl up into a ball and roll. Just like a big boulder they roll and try to crush you under their shell. It’s shell is very hard and the turtle has a skill called roll that helps it move so fast. After it sees that it can’t defeat you that way it jumps to the sky and tries to crush you under it.

If you evade it’s attack the turtle is stunned for a moment and is vulnerable. When it gets up it stars to fight you head on. It tries to chomp you or hit you with it’s tail. The attacks are slow but heavy, it didn’t matter to me though. His attacks were evaded perfectly so it just died by being bombarded with my attacks and magic.

The thirtieth floor boss was just as I figured, variant orc king. Fighting it was hard, variant orc king’s stats were around five hundred points lower than me but his axe combat was the same as my swordsmanship. I quickly took care of the orc generals near him and fought him head on. Every time I attacked I made a small wound on his body but thanks to his vitality skill it didn’t affect him. The berserk skill was the most troublesome one.

I had to use space magic to teleport myself away every time he attacked. I was honestly grateful that his attacks were a little bit slower than me. I failed to defend myself three times but the damage I suffered was big. I hit from him felt like I got hit by a truck that rides at full speed. When I didn’t manage to deflect the hit I quickly used no-attribute magic to defend myself before being launched away at a very fast speed. I was grateful that I had the armor that I bought. If I didn’t have it I might have broken a rib or two. When I got up I had to immediately defend myself because the orc king was right in front of me.

Even if the berserk skill lowered it’s intelligence but it still had the instinct of killing it’s enemy. All in all I managed to trap it in a hole that I made thanks to earth magic and bombard it with magic. It died when it’s head was smashed in, I collected it’s magic crystal and left the dungeon after than. Entering thirtieth floor took me three nights so I was pretty sleepy and on the next day I slept like a log.

[Satoru, what are you thinking about?](Lisa)

[Aah I was just sorting out my thoughts, today we will fight the dungeon bosses all the way to the thirtieth floor.](Satoru)

[But how? You said that you can only teleport to places that you have been to and if you have the necessary mana.](Lisa)

[That’s right. I have already been to the thirtieth floor. I explored the dungeon in the night the night when you were sleeping.](Satoru)

[E-eeh!? Are you okay? Are you sleep deprived?](Lisa)

[It’s nothing much, thanks to fatigue resistance I can do that much.](Satoru)

[No! Tomorrow we are going to have a day off!](Lisa)

[But]

[No buts! You have to take a rest! I don’t want you to collapse in the dungeon.](Lisa)

[Alright mom.](Satoru)

[What?!](Lisa)

[Nothing, will this be considered a date?](Satoru)

[Etto, y-you c-can consider it one?](Lisa)

[Okay then, I can’t wait.](Satoru)

[Mou!](Lisa)

(All in all the in the last week I have grown considerably stronger. I can say that my power doubled thanks to maxing out these jobs. I wonder how powerful can I become if I max out all of those jobs, I can’t wait!)

By the way those are my stats after that week of grinding. I got new skills and most of them leveled up too.

[Name] Doyomi Satoru
[Race] Human (hero from a different world)
[Age] 16
[Level] 1
[Job]
[Job history]: [Apprentice Fighter], [Apprentice Mage], [Apprentice Warrior], [Apprentice Swordsman], [Fighter], [Mage], [Apprentice Scout], [Swordsman], [Grappler], [Warrior], [Scout], [Thief], [Tank], [Elementalist], [Fire mage], [Barbarian], [Enchanter], [Archer], [Hunter], [Healer], [Wizard], [Knight], [Berserker], [Assassin], [Magic Fist], [Tracker], [Guardian], [Reflector]
[HP] 4700/4700
[MP] 4350/4350
[Physical Strength] 5065
[Intelligence] 3450
[Agility] 4065
[Stamina] 3560
[Endurance] 4450
[Skills]:
[Fatigue resistance 6], [Paralysis resistance 2], [Poison resistance 2], [Pain resistance 4],
[Fire resistance 4]

[Mana manipulation 6](UP), [Fire magic 6](UP), [Ice magic 6](UP), [Water magic 6](UP),
[Earth magic 6](UP), [Wind magic 6](UP), [Lightning magic 6](UP), [Dark magic 6](UP), [Light magic 6](UP),
[Space magic 4], [No-attribute magic 5](UP), [Mana perception 3]

[Cooking 2], [Cleaning 1], [Forging(Dwarf) 3], [Enchanting 4], [Armor creation 2],
[Alchemy 3], [Disarm 1], [Lock pick 1], [Night vision], [Improved hearing], [Improved vision]

[Hard body 7(+640 physic stats)](UP), [Sense presence 6](UP), [Hand to hand combat 5](UP), [Dagger combat 2], [Smash 6](UP), [Swordsmanship 5], [Charge 2], [Danger sense 4](UP), [Provoke], [Archery 1], [Lethal strike](NEW), [Link](NEW), [Counter](NEW), [Berserk 1](NEW)
[Unique]:
[Language comprehension], [Akashas divine protection], [Item box], [Appraisal 7], [Out of boundaries], [Keen sense], [No chant], [Multi cast], [Concealment 5](UP), [Map], [Courage], [Party blessing], [????]
[Titles]: [Multi elemental magician], [Dungeon conqueror], [????]

[Link]: You can link yourself and another person increasing their endurance by half of your total endurance. If the linked allay suffers damage a portion of it will be transferred to you.

[Lethal strike]: When used the user sees the points on the enemies body where if attacked will deal the most damage.

[Counter]: You can fully counter a physical attack and reflect it back with full power.

I didn’t use those skills when fighting the bosses as I wanted to see if my strength alone would suffice. It proved that I could do that to the thirtieth floor but the enemies on the next floor may require the usage of those skills. I also peeked at Lisa’s status.

[Name] Lisa
[Race] Firewolf
[Age] 16
[Level] 1
[Job] Grappler
[HP] 2300/2300
[MP] 420/420
[Physical Strength] 1920
[Intelligence] 400
[Agility] 2120
[Stamina] 1720
[Endurance] 1520
[Skills]: [Fire magic 3](UP), [Mana manipulation 2](UP)

[Night vision]

[Sense presence 4](UP), [Smash 4](UP), [Swordsmanship 5](UP), [Archery 1],
[Hard body 2(+20 physic stats)](NEW)

5