Chapter 35
422 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes and see a big plain. There aren’t any grass or plants growing on it, although there are some trees they are withered and look like they are about fall down. It looks just like a dead zone. The sky is covered with black clouds that shine a faint red light. The are also rays of red light coming down to the ground throughout small holes in the clouds. This light makes the atmosphere all the more eerie.

Facing me on both sides are many lifeforms. It’s seems they mostly humans and monsters. Some monsters are as big as a mountain and some are hundreds of meters long. Their claws are big and sharp and on their skin are scales of different color and shape. Each of them is probably a powerful monster. Some of then look like they came directly from hell such as horned devils. On the contrary the humans emit a powerful aura too, like they have been in countless battles. Some of them have a proud look, some of them have a nervous look. All of them are facing in my direction and I wonder if they can see me.

That wonder quickly disappeared when both the humans and monsters roared and rushed towards me. Their roars boosted their morale and seemed to indicate the start of a fight but I still wondered why were they coming at me. Is there something behind me I thought. I soon got my answer when I saw at my hands, in them there black blade. On it were countless red lines that gave you the feeling that they were pulsing, just like a living being. It exuded a demonic aura and I soon noticed that my body did the same.

When I noticed it I was already running, right at the army of monsters and people. What bothered me was that my mind was too calm. I didn’t have a single feeling of worry even though I was facing hundreds of enemies. I deducted that it was thanks to spectating this person that my emotions were calm. I soon met my first enemy, it was a brawny man with a long sword. He slashed at me with a great momentum but when I slashed with my blade it was already over. My blade seemed like water, gently flowing through space. It deflected his hit and before the brawny man noticed his had was looped off his body.

The same was for the next person, and the person after that one. As hundreds of them fell to my blade I tried to learn this swordsmanship as it could help me in combat. I had a feeling that I was dancing throughout the battlefield. When a monster tried to smash me with it’s hand I lightly sidestepped jumped at its hand and slashed in the air at the direction of its head. My blade let out a sword wave that bisected the giant monster. As its now lifeless body fell to the ground I continued to fight with the wave of enemies.

When the people and monsters at the front backed off the people at the back brought out their bows and shot out countless of arrows. Each one of them was very powerful and came towards me. The rain of arrows fell down but I still wasn’t agitated I brandished my sword and destroyed the first arrow, then another one and another one. There were hundreds of arrows but they all disappeared under the force of my blade. My swings were so fast that it looked like there were countless blades deflecting those arrows.

When the rain of arrows ended it was accompanied by another wave of people and monsters lashing out their attacks at me. There were powerful breath attacks from the monsters but they didn’t manage to land on me. My speed was certainly faster than it’s speed so I managed to avoid them. Although I could dodge them the people around me couldn't so many of them died. There were piles of bodies and weapons on the ground. There were also ponds of blood that dripped from the people’s and monsters bodies.

When all the warriors and monsters in the front were defeated all that was left was the rear guard. There were human mages and archers and what seemed to be a long range type monsters. Each of them already finished preparing their attack. It would probably be impossible to finish them off even with the speed of the guy that I’m spectating. When each one of the mages and monsters were ready to attack I saw a huge dragon emerging from the back of the monsters and a blonde guy in golden armor came in front of the human mages.

When I saw this blonde guy I felt an a big surge of emotions emerging. I wasn’t calm any longer, I felt the deep rage of the person that I’m spectating. When the blonde guy waved his hand the dragon also let out a horrifying roar. With their action all of the monsters and mages released their magic at me. The pressure that came from the density of magic in the air came at me but it didn’t even bother the guy. I though that it would be the end of this guy but I was surprised again. The blade released a big amount of magic comparable to all of those guys attacks.

When the magic was released into the blade it glowed in a black and red light, similar to the clouds. I waved my sword from the ground to the air in a horizontal line at full speed and released a black and red sword wave. When this sword wave clashed with the attacks of the monsters and magicians it cleaved right through them and hit the people and monsters behind them. Besides the blonde guy and that big dragon all of them died from my sword slash or from the magic that exploded in the air. The mages tried to make a barrier but it was too fragile to resist the power of the explosion.

All that was left now was the big dragon and the blonde man. I could see that the knight’s face revealed a look of disgust at me. The dragon on the other hand released a threatening aura. After a moment me and the knight glaring at ourselves his body began to emit a golden light. It was a blinding light, like a thunder in a dark night. When he did so my body too began to emit an aura but it was black red. It was this demonic aura that I felt when I first saw that person in my dreams. I also don’t know why but the person I first saw was indeed me.

I indeed noticed that this body build that I’m spectating is oddly familiar to me. It is the actually the same as mine.

(So are those dreams or memories? It can’t be a future, it’s too different. But this is more similar to this world rather than to earth. I could only speculate that if they indeed are my memories then it means I was in a fantasy world before. I don’t know the reason why I was fighting those guys but it’s probably a good one, I ain’t so petty.)

When my whole body was clad with the black red aura I rushed to the knight. My movements were very fast, it only took a second to arrive in front of this guy. I brandished my sword and swung it down at him. He was a little flustered at my fast movement but he managed to reflect my blow. I continued to relentlessly attack him so I also noticed that my sword technique changed. It was now a little weird. It seems that my blows were centered on the same spot on the sword and they hit twice with each swing.

Because I always hit the same spot on his sword he could only defend. Even I could see that my sword technique was better than his. He tried to do a counter but when he showed the slightest movement I would close our distance to a level that I could easily punch him. With each of our exchanges creating a pit we continued our fight. I wondered what the dragon was doing when I saw the knight suddenly grinning. A necklace on his neck began to shine. It enveloped his body in a round barrier. I looked at my right and saw the dragons open mouth and a mass of energy formed in it.

I had a little time to react so I jumped behind the knights barrier and kicked him with full power into the dragons mouth. I stood in place and quickly gathered my energy to form a shield. All of these actions didn’t take even a second to do. The knights body enveloped in a round barrier crashed into this magic mass just before it was let out. I could see his terrified expression even from that distance. The power of the barrier seemed to be sucked into the ball of power. When the dragon unleashed it’s breath it hit the barrier.

It would probably withstand a certain amount of power from the breath but because part of it’s strength was sucked into the breath it cracked pretty quickly. When the shield was destroyed the knight inside was burned to a crisp. I on the other hand managed to make a shield of my aura strong enough to withstand for a while but it probably wouldn't last long. I converted the rest of my power into my other hand. I felt power leaving my body and concentrating on my right hand.

When my power shield began to crack I quickly brandished my sword. It’s aura expanded upwards towards the sky. After a second or two it was already as big as a mountain and after another two seconds it already exceeded the height of the dragon. When the barrier was almost destroyed I roared and swung down my sword. If someone looked from afar he would see a behemoth sword crashing down on a giant dragon.

The power in this sword contained all of my power so it cleaved right through the breath down on the dragons head. It seemed like the dragon didn’t expect it either as he took the blow head on. The power of this sword was crushing down the big dragon. It’s scales were very hard so even with that amount of power it took seconds to crush them. The dragons whole body didn’t last long and was cut in half by the sword a second after it’s scales broke.

The sword cleaved right through him to the ground and created a deep crater. The breath was cut in half by me but I was numb after using all my strength so I fell to the ground. I dropped my sword in the process of falling because I didn’t have any strength left to hold it. The power inside my body seemed to disappear. I felt a surge of emotions coming to my head as I fell to the ground, it was grief, unwillingness and sadness.

The vision was cut and as the memory ended I woke up. I was bewildered abut the experience but as today was the day I had a date with Lisa I decided to contemplate about it later.

5