Chapter 37
427 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up on the next morning without any weird thing happening. It’s a relief that another weird dream didn’t pop out. I ate breakfast with Lisa and we to the adventurers guild first to look for some quests as I didn’t have much money. There were quests for the lower floors but o my surprise there was one quest that had a good level of difficulty. They asked to hunt a few tortoises and take their shells.

If an inexperienced party took a quest like that then they would probably die. But they would also need to go to the twenty ninth floor first so they wouldn’t be that weak either. I took this quest and assigned it to our party. The woman this time asked if we will be okay and with my approval handed us the quest paper. We then went straight to the dungeon. I couldn't wait to try out my new moves which were from that memory.

(The me in there was able to cut those monsters like tofu but it’s probably because his stat’s were much higher. Even if I can try to copy those sword moves I won’t be very good with them so it’s best to practice on monsters. It also seems to be a good technique but I don’t have much experience in dealing with swords. Now that I think of it the me in that memory didn’t use any magic right? At most he injected mana into the blade but he didn’t use any attribute. He only controlled the black red aura. If that’s so then maybe I can somewhat upgrade it with magic? I hope so.)

I didn’t tell Lisa about that event because it’s likely that she will only be confused by it. If Lisa notices the changes in my swordsmanship then I guess I just need to prepare an excuse. With that thought we teleported to the dungeon. I told Lisa to wait and went to the twenty eight floor to see if the minotaur is still there.

Thankfully the variant minotaur wasn’t here anymore. It seems to have despawned as it wasn’t shown on the map, there were only normal minotaurs here. Now that he is gone we can finally grind on this floor.

(It shouldn’t take much time to take the higher levels. I don’t know about the boss though, maybe it’s a B rank monster? If so then it will probably be hard to defeat. I hope that maxing out those middle grade classes can help me.)

I didn’t waste more time and teleported back to the dungeon. I told Lisa that the minotaur disappeared so we can hunt on the twenty eight floor. Lisa was happy and so was I. If I wasn’t with her grinding would probably be a lot slower. I tried those new sword moves on the minotaurs and they succeeded. Every time the minotaur attacked I parried his attack and the force from the attack didn’t leave. It instead added more power to my slash which in turn dealth more damage.

I was overjoyed at this fact, thanks to this weird memory my sword skills have gotten better. I also wondered if this style could work well with space magic. Every time I parried the attack I added space attribute magic to my blade and transferred the slash at it’s neck. On the neck formed a cut, a cut also appeared at it’s torso, just where I slashed with my sword. Like this I could take my enemy by surprise. I could see that it did work well.

We defeated a lot of minotaurs afterwards and I managed to raise my job to max level. I could see Lisa looking at my sword moves in confusion but she didn’t say anything. I wanted to max out all the middle grade jobs for mages but something caught my attention while choosing the next job.

Choose job: [Ice Mage(middle grade)], [Wind Mage(middle grade)], [Earth Mage(middle grade)], [Lightning Mage(middle grade)], [Light Mage(middle grade)], [Dark Mage(middle grade)], [Water Mage(middle grade)], [Heavy archer(middle grade)], [High archer(middle grade)], [Martial Artist(middle grade], [Samurai(middle grade)], [Aura controller(middle grade)]
[Sword master(high grade)], [Headhunter(high grade)], [Magic combatant(high grade)], [Stalker(high grade)], [Protector(high grade)], [Master reflector(high grade)], [Magic Swordsman(high grade)], [Element master(high grade)], [Fire master(high grade)], [Magician(high grade)], [War lord(high grade)], [Charge master(high grade)]

(A samurai? But I didn’t even touch a katana in my entire life. Is it because of that fragment of memory? There is also a new job War lord, aura controller and charge master. The war lord should be because I faced so many enemies and the aura controller because of that black red aura. As for the charge master, is it connected to the last attack launched in the dream? It seemed that all of my energy transferred to the blade without any time at all!. So if they come from those memories then does that mean if I see more of those memories then I can get access to more jobs? Well I don’t even know if there will be more of those memories. I will still pick mage jobs, my intelligence stats is behind the other ones.)

I also went to the twenty ninth floor with Lisa to show her the big turtles. They behaved as always and tried to smash us under their bodies but I didn’t allow that. We hunted a few turtles for the quest on this floor and then left the dungeon. By the time we left it was nearly evening. I went back to the guild to acquire the reward from the quest. When they handed me the reward I also asked if they know where could I buy seeds for herbs and such. They told me that it’s better to buy them in the capital which is west from here.

It seems that the capital is near the beast people territory rather than human territory. I thanked the receptionist and went back to the inn. There I again asked the chef to give me pointers and teach me various dishes. All the information that he said to me flowed into my head and were instantly remembered. I could also make various dishes and even some of the harder ones now.

I ate my fill and went back to my room and teleported to the dungeon. Even if Lisa tells me that I shouldn’t hunt in the dungeon at night I will still do it. I left a note saying that I will try to defeat the dungeon boss so Lisa don’t have if I may be late. Thanks to the fatigue resistance skill I can probably fight 3 days without sleeping, it’s a convenient skill. I teleported to the thirty first floor which I went to after killing the variant orc king on the thirtieth floor. The enemies were variant bulls again so I figured out that I’m pretty close to the end of the dungeon.

When I finish this dungeon I should go to the capital. Thankfully I have the map skill so I can see the location of it. The map seems to tell me the whole scale of the kingdom territory. The people in the city are marked as blue which should mean that they aren’t hostile. Lisa is marked as green which means she is friendly to me and I can even see monsters outside the city and they are marked as red. When I think about seeing a bigger scale of the map I can see that my let’s call it life form detector detects people and monsters in a forty seven kilometers range. The range seems to be related to my mana as I currently have four thousand seven hundred mana.

I continued form the thirty first floor up to the thirty fourth floor. The boss on the thirty fifth floor seems to be a minotaur with two big axes in each hands. He also wears a weird armor that doesn’t cover most of it’s blind spots. It also wears a helmet which protects it’s neck. Here are it’s stats.

[Gladiator Minotaur]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 95
[HP] 7000/7000
[MP] 1000/1000
[Physical Strength] 6000
[Intelligence] 1200
[Agility] 3500
[Stamina] 5500
[Endurance] 2400
[Skills]: [Vitality], [Axe combat 6], [Roar 4], [Sense presence 6], [No-attribute magic 3],
[Rank] C

He is pretty strong but I should be able to win. Now that I have that sword technique I’m a bit more confident. Although I should win I can’t be careless, this guy doesn’t have berserk skill so I should have an advantage if I activate it. Let’s go!

I rushed in and immediately shot countless magic attacks at him. The boss doesn’t see you if you don’t enter the room so if you do something like that you can hit him directly with the first batch of attacks. When he staggered I already jumped in front of him and dealt some damage with my swords. It seems like he didn’t like it because the moment he saw me and regained his stance he swung his two axes at me.

I immediately avoided them and circled around him to deal some damage. He tried to turn around but because I froze his feet he fell to the ground. I didn’t miss this chance and made a big wound on his chest and hit him with fire magic that exploded oh his helmet. Because the magic created a dust screen I jumped backwards and waited for the minotaur to get back up.

The minotaur got up and rushed at me the moment he saw me. He threw one of his axes aside and came at me with the other one. The thrown axe was spinning very fast so I had to squat in order to doge. The moment I squatted I saw that his axe slammed down at me. I could only activate berserk and defend it. After activating it I easily defended against it and slashed at his hand. I my attack actually cut off one of fits hands and the axe fell to the ground.

The minotaur was surprised but he slammed at me with the other axe which he caught while attacking me with the first one. Unfortunately for him this attack also didn’t do anything. I parried the attack with my sword and with added space and no-attribute magic attacked him from one side while sending the attack to the other side of his torso. Because the power of the attack was so big he was split in hald and fell to the floor.

[You have leveled up!]
[Space magic leveled up!]

5