Chapter 38
394 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The berserk ability allowed me to easily cleave through the bosses skin but I didn’t like to do things this way. I didn’t know that the gladiator minotaur could throw his axes like a boomerang so it caught me off guard. The next time I fight him I should be able to cope with it. But I think now I should just go to the fortieth floor and see what the boss is. It should be the turtles turn now right? I wondered how strong will the turtle boss be, will it be a B rank monster?

(It would be bad if the last boss is really a B rank monster. I haven’t met one in all the time in this world but if it’s stronger than a C rank then it’s stats should also be higher. Are they exceeding ten thousand? If so then how strong are the A and S rank monsters? Can’t they like level cities by themselves? I get shivers just from imagining them, but now that I think of it how strong were the monsters in that memory? A rank? S rank? Or maybe SS rank? If so then the me in that memory was really strong and that was only his ability.)

Anyways I continued to the next floors after defeating the boss. I didn’t have any problems on the next four floors. I could also see that the enemies changed, there were variant minotaurs with red patterns on their bodies and variant turtles. Variant minotaurs weren’t much different, they were just stronger than normal minotaurs.

On the other hand variant turtles were different. Their color changed to gray and when I hit it’s skin with my sword and that made my hand numb. Their skin seemed to be made out of stone. Hitting them was ineffective so I could only use magic to kill them. I gained levels pretty fast, if I hunted the monsters while using my berserk skill couldn't I level up pretty fast? I thought so but I continued to run to the stairs.

I wanted to know how strong is the last boss of this dungeon. There were many parties on the higher floors but there weren’t any in the lower floors. Of course I meant during the day not the night like I do now. Of course there wouldn't be any people in the dungeon at night, at least not in this city. When I finally got to the stairs I went down, while walking I noticed that the corridor was expanding. There stood a big double door with a big tortoise pattern in the middle of them. Protruding from its shell were big spikes.

I guessed that this is the image of the boss but I didn’t know why would there be so much space. The double doors were big, very big. I guess that you need to have good strength to open those doors but it wasn’t hard for me. When I opened it I saw an open plain with a spiky area. Immediately after entering the ground began to shake. Tremors rose from the ground and the earth showed big cracks. All of that process was quite a distance from me but I still readied myself. The earth rose to the sky soon revealing a giant figure. This was the earth turtle, this dungeon’s last boss.

[You’re a big guy]

I smirked and said that to no one specifically. The giant turtle raised it’s head along with a roar and looked at me. Well that was what I thought but I wondered if the giant turtle had even seen me. The roar created a shock wave that could sent a weak adventurer flying. Of course I stood firmly on the ground and watched it with excitement. I quickly looked at its stats.

[Earth Turtle]
[Race]: Monster
[Level] 100
[HP] 24000/24000
[MP] 5000/5000
[Physical Strength] 10000
[Intelligence] 4000
[Agility] 3500
[Stamina] 12500
[Endurance] 7300
[Skills]: [Roar 5], [Sense presence 6], [Rock splash 4], [Earth magic 4], [Earthquake],[Hardening 5]
[Rank] B

(Eeeh? There really is a B rank monster on the end of the dungeon. It also looks like it’s quite powerful, to be honest it’s on a different level. It has good endurance and intelligence, looks like this will be a long fight.)

The earth turtle didn’t behave like the other turtles. It instead started to slowly walk towards me. I may say that he walks slowly but on the other hand it’s quite fast, a person that have the same agility as it can’t outrun it. If someone gets caught under it then it would probably be the end for them. Thankfully my speed is faster than it so I started to close the distance.

The turtle roared and tried to affect me with it but it did nothing. He saw that it’s roar is ineffective so it closed it’s mouth and raised one of his legs. While I was closing the distance it’s foot slammed down and hit the ground. It created a big pit around 100 meters and created and earthquake. Because of it I slowed down a little and in that moment spikes protruded from the ground. The earth turtle tried to impale me with the ground but it didn’t work as I avoided them just fine. Even if I didn’t avoid them they wouldn't do much damage but it would slow down my speed a lot.

I still tried to hit me while I was running so an idea hit me. I jumped up and faced the spikes and when they came to me I jumped on each of them. While doing that I also charged my mana into my blades. When after jumping a few times the earth stopped raising so I jumped even higher to reach the same height as the earth turtle’s head. The mana that I imbued into my blade was around five hundred. The earth turtle moved it’s head and tried to bite me so I quickly released my attack.

The slash contained five hundred of my mana. The consumption of my usual magic attack is around fifty mana. You could say that if I used all of my mana on one attack then it could probably destroy a city or two. Magicians are truly a powerful asset no? Anyways the attack hit the head and a roar accompanied it. I saw that my attack made a twenty meter scar on its face. I quickly appraised it to see the damage done. It suffered only five hundred damage, the same amount of mana that I put in.

[Should I go for its neck?]

As I said that the earth turtle’s head swept towards me. I reacted to it and quickly teleported away. I actually teleported onto the turtle and charged my swords with mana. The earth turtle’s head looked at me and a second later my danger sense picked up something under me. I quickly dodged to the right and a moment later a spike came out of the ground.

There was a lot of earth on it’s back but my danger sense didn’t pick up back then on the ground when it attacked me with the magic. I then saw the spike and understood, it wasn’t a spike made out of earth at all. It is probably a part of the turtle’s body. While I deducted that while still gathering mana into my blades my danger sense picked up again.

This time I was prepared so I dodged it easily. The turtle seemed to be dissatisfied with its attacks being avoided but it still repeated it’s action. I avoided the spikes and when my mana finished gathering I jumped in the direction of its neck. The turtle tried to bite me again but just when its mouth was near me I teleported to its side and slashed at the neck with my blades. I also activated berserk to upgrade my physical ability.

I directed the two of my blades at the same place so the attack would hit at the same spot. I felt that my blade teared it’s skin and flesh and went down. The earth turtle made a loud roar again but this time it felt more as if it was screaming. My attack made a big scar that was a meter meters deep, if I kept going I could sever it’s head with another sixteen attacks or so, Unfortunately even if I had the mana potions they wouldn't work that well if I drank them again and again so I could probably only restore another 100% of my mana. That would last for eight or nine attacks depending on my mana usage. The rest I would have to barrage with normal attack with berserk activated.

When I landed back on its shell the turtle immediately attacked me with the spikes. This time they were a lot waster than before. Thanks to that dodging them became harder as well.

[Looks like it will be a long fight.]

I muttered.

Lisa POV

Lisa woke up and changed into her adventurer’s outfit. While changing she also thought what would she do with Satoru today

(I wonder how much stronger will I get today too. Fighting with Satoru is great as I don’t have to worry about suffering an injury or in the worst case dying. He provokes the monsters all the time so the focus is only on him and not me. He also covers for me when I make a slight mistake. He seems like he faced many battles, maybe he will tell me about some of them in our spare time. I should go down and wait for Satoru to get down too.)

After ten minutes Satoru still didn’t come so I decided to go upstairs to see if he is still sleeping or not. When I came to his room I was confused, I didn’t feel anyone’s presence in the room. I quickly came to the door and opened it and surely there was no one inside.

6