Chapter 39
390 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I didn’t see Satoru in his room I was a little distressed but I saw a note on the table. I came to the table and picked up the note. In there a message was written saying that Satoru went to the dungeon. When I continued to read the content of the letter I also got to know why Satoru is late. He has written that he will fight the dungeon boss so he can be late. He also wrote that if he is late for breakfast then I should eat without him. I began to get nervous when I read the whole content of the letter.

The boss on the thirtieth floor is so strong then how much stronger is the dungeon boss? Is it a B rank monster? Isn’t it too dangerous for him to go there alone? Those types of questions began to surface in my mind but I soon calmed down. Satoru is a reasonable and strong person. He wouldn't fight the boss if he didn’t have any chance in defeating it. I stored the note and went out of the room.

I ate my breakfast quickly and went off to the guild to look after some quests. I pondered what should I do when Satoru gets back.

(He said that after clearing the dungeon he will probably leave the city and I’m resolved to follow him. Although I’m a little angry about him going to the dungeon at night even though I told him not to but I guess if he can do it safely then I don’t have any complaints.)

I went to the adventurer’s guild and as I entered I noticed there is a turmoil. There are a lot more adventurers than normally. I saw that most of these people are near the quest board so I also came there to check what it is. Most of the people looked at the big notice no the quest board. It is a recruitment for a raid for the final boss, the earth turtle. It is written that it’s a B rank monster and only C ranked adventurers can participate. The raid would start tomorrow.

Even though there was this quest I wondered why there are this much people. It’s supposed to be hard for a B rank adventurer party to face a B rank monster. You would need hundreds of C rank adventurers just to face it but you wouldn't be guaranteed to kill it. I came to the reception desk to ask about that.

[Hey why are there some many people at the guild right now?](Lisa)

[That should be because of the dungeon raid quest.](Receptionist)

[But I don’t think that it would attract so many people?](Lisa)

[Well sometimes it do attract many people but this time it’s something else. The ones participating in the raid will be the Silver knights. It’s a famous adventurer’s party that consists of the swordsman Keito and his companions, the mage Sara, the tank Mia the archer Eliza and the healer Zoe. Keito is so handsome I tell you, also every woman in his party is a beauty. You don’t even know how I envy them.]

[So are they strong?](Lisa)

[Naturally! Almost every person from their team can face an C rank monster alone. Keito is even capable of fighting two C rank monsters at the same time! He is so strong despite being quite young. There are many people who admire the people in that party.](Receptionist)

[Alright alright then I would like to take this quest.](Lisa)

I handed her the quest I chose near the quest board and went out of the guild. I chuckled and wondered what would all those guys think if they knew that Satoru is fighting the boss alone. I didn’t even allow the idea of Satoru dying there to cross my mind. The quest I picked is a quest to defeat twenty spiked man eaters and take their vines back. Satoru handed me a magic bag back when we ended our date to store all of my clothes there. Kyaa I can’t believe I made such a move on him but it was totally worth it!

I hunted quite a lot of spiked man eaters back then so it shouldn’t be difficult now. I could probably fight with stronger monsters but I decided to not to. I still don’t have the confidence to fight them. Maybe I should fight monsters till Satoru comes… yes I’ll do that.

Satoru POV

(Fighting this turtle is harder than I thought. Just when it’s neck was half cut it retreated into its shell and doesn’t come out. Its hp is lowering thanks to the bleeding but I doubt that it will die because of it. I think it’s now time to attack its legs as being on its shell is more dangerous than on the ground.)

I jumped off of its shell and began to attack its legs. The attack surprisingly did work and it damaged him quite a bit. While I steadily whittled down its HP I had to be wary of its legs too. If it suddenly raised its leg up then I had to be wary of it stomping on me. Although I have similar strength to it I don’t think I will be able to take on it’s stomp.

While I continued to attack its leg it tried to attack me several times but it didn’t manage to hit me. It also used the combination of earthquake and rock splash that managed to hit me several times. While the earthquake was annoying the rock splashed wasn’t much better. When its foot slammed the ground big chunks of earth splashed in all directions. Their speed wasn’t anything to scoff at but I managed to avoid most of them. When the leg was heavily wounded it retreated into its shell just like its head.

Because of that it lost its balance and fell on the ground. Its body made a big pit on the ground that allowed me to hit the legs much easier.

Its HP have fallen down considerably but at the rate I was going I would need to heavily wound the other three legs too. It took around three uses of berserk to take care of one leg so I didn’t know if I would manage. To normal people one to two uses of berserk takes most of their stamina but I was still fine. I did feel that I lost a considerable amount but thanks to fatigue resistance it wasn’t that much. I clicked my tongue and went for the other legs. They were easier to hit now that it fell to the side and it couldn't really attack me that much.

I took care of the three other legs and I saw that the turtle remaining HP is around one and a half thousand. My mana recovered a considerable amount so I started to hit it’s shell with magic. What puzzled me that I didn’t do any damage but I soon understood. The thing that I targeted is the shell but I should aim into the holes where the head and legs are.

I chose the hole where the head is located and fired my magic into it. Its HP did fall down but just when I prepared to shoot another batch its head came out of the hole and bit towards me. My reaction time was slow so I was caught in its mouth. I wanted to teleport at first but I figured I would fire my magic here instead. Its insides should be weaker and the damage done should be bigger as well. Even if I was hit with the aftermath of the attack my body could withstand it thanks to my stats.

When the attack hit it roared and spat me out. The moment I came out it started to trash around the ground. It tried to destroy everything around but unfortunately for it the dungeon walls were sturdier than they look. It did create chaos around it so there were chunks of earth flying around at a very fast speed. I first backed off a little to see the situation and saw that while trashing around its hurt limbs were exposed. I didn’t waste this opportunity and fired magic at its revealed limbs while also slashing at it with my blades.

The turtle soon stopped its madness and died. As for me, I soon heard the goddess voice.

[You have leveled up!]
[Berserk leveled up!]
[Berserk leveled up!]
[Danger sense leveled up!]
[Charge leveled up!]
[Charge leveled up!]
[Smash leveled up!]

[No-attribute magic leveled up!]
[Appraisal leveled up!]
[Fatigue resistance leveled up!]

My job maxed out and some of my skills leveled up. Just that means how powerful is an B rank monster. I collected it’s corpse and just as I was sucked into the item box the earth on its shell fell to the ground. It made a cloud of dust that swept towards me but I resolved it with wind magic.

[Now it’s time to see what the dungeon has in stock for me. I wonder what will it be.]

I excited quickly found the door to the last dungeon room. Compared to the big double door that I entered through this is a small one or rather normal double door. I gently pushed the door and entered the room. Just like before there was a chest in the room.

7