Chapter 46
472 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Taking down a B rank monster that quickly. Satoru, I didn’t know you were that strong.](Alexia)

[That’s right! Satoru is strong isn’t he!](Lisa)

[W-well it’s nothing really. I just combined the some skills together with my magical power in one attack.](Satoru)

(I don’t want to reveal too much with Alexia here. I don’t really trust her that much yet. Even though I don’t think she is that type of person. She certainly is a beauty and I would like to add her to my harem, I don’t think that will be possible. She is a princess right? The king wouldn't agree for his daughter to go out with some nameless person, and an adventurer at that. Also there is the matter of Alexia liking me too. Ehh, I have a long way to go.)

[Judging from your eyes you used berserk right? But I heard that people who use the berserk skill lose their reasoning and revert to a person, who moves on their survival instinct. You don’t seem like that to me though.](Alexia)

[That’s because I have my ways.](Satoru)

I stored the monster into my item box while replying and went ahead to face another impaler, that spawned some distance from us. Lisa and Alexia followed after me. We repeated the at first, but I guessed that it would be too exhausting for me, so I changed the way I restrain him. It was similar to what I have done first, which is holding it down, but this time I secretly use gravity magic on his hands, so it works as an additional support. It worked almost the same as I did before and it seems that Alexia didn’t notice it.

We hunted for quite a while and even made breaks in-between. When both mine and Lisa’s job hit level 100, we ended the hunt. It seems like Alexia also leveled up, but because I didn’t add her to my party she only got one third of the experience. I looked at the jobs aviable.

Choose job: [Heavy archer(middle grade)], [High archer(middle grade)],[Aura controller(middle grade)]
[Sword master(high grade)], [Headhunter(high grade)], [Magic combatant(high grade)], [Stalker(high grade)], [Protector(high grade)], [Master reflector(high grade)], [Element master(high grade)], [Fire master(high grade)],[Ice master(high grade)], [Wind master(high grade)], [Earth master(high grade)],[Magician(high grade)], [Lightning master(high grade)], [Water master(high grade)],[Dark master(high grade)], [Light master(high grade)], [Destroyer fist(high grade)], [War lord(high grade)], [Giant slayer(high grade)],[Battle maniac(high grade)]

I decided to chose giant slayer, in anticipation that it would help me somehow deal with that dragon. In the worst case I would need to run away, though I hate the idea of doing that. I would probably feel the guilt of not doing anything.

[You have acquired Giant Slayer title!]

[You have learned Penetrating slash]

[Giant Slayer]: Bonus 1000 Strength when fighting against a giant monster.

[Penetrating slash]: Allows you to ignore effects of skills that buffs enemy’s resistance to attacks. Uses more stamina the more powerful the attack is.

(That’s what I’m talking about! Though, I wonder how much of my stamina will it take? Well I won’t use it that much anyway, probably.)

After leaving the dungeon I remembered one thing that I wanted to ask Alexia.

[By the way Alexia, how does the capital deal with dungeon breaks, that occur in the capital?](Satoru)

[Well there weren’t really many dungeon breaks in the capital. I think that there was one in the past, but I’m not too sure. Although if a dungeon break occurs, then the order of knights and adventurer’s guild would have to take out the boss of this dungeon, which is a red dragon. I think that the guild master is capable enough to fight 2 B rank monsters alone. The biggest threat would still be the red dragon. Even if we managed to repel it we will still suffer heavy casualities.](Alexia)

[Wow, you can still manage to repel an A rank monster? Shouldn’t it be powerful enough to destroy a country?](Lisa)

[Yep, our country is proud of our magic division. All of them at least have two attributes and each one of them has very powerful attacks. Most of them have the water attribute and some other attribute.](Alexia)

(Well, if they are so powerful, then they might be powerful enough to... wait.)

[Wait a second, you said repel right?](Satoru)

[Yes, I did say that.](Alexia)

[Can’t the forces stationed in the capital defeat it?](Satoru)

Upon hearing my question Alexia let out a laugh.

[Come on, that’s an A rank monster you know? How could we defeat it. Even if an S rank adventurer fought and defeated it, he would be at the brink of exhaustion, and even suffer heavy damage.](Alexia)

[I see, well will you believe me, if I said that, there will be a dungeon break in a very near future?](Satoru)

After saying that Alexia froze for a second before regaining her calm and responding in a hushed voice.

[Why do you say so?](Alexia)

[Let’s say that it’s one of my skills. Before, when I was in a city, I had this bad feeling. It came from a dungeon and with every day the feeling got worse. After some time, while I was hunting in the dungeon the feeling suddenly vanished. The dungeon started to tremble and removed all of the adventurers inside. That was when the dungeon break occurred. Please keep it a secret.](Satoru)

[And you are saying that you feel this bad feeling in the capital too?](Alexia)

[Unfortunately, yes](Satoru)

After hearing my reply Alexia stood in one place and started to ponder about something. I didn’t have to wait long before hearing her replay.

[Sigh, I don’t think that you are lying.](Alexia)

[Satoru isn’t lying! He isn’t that type of person!](Lisa)

[Alright, alright, I managed to deduce that from spending time with you guys anyway. It’s just that I don’t think that my father will believe me if I say that. I will try to persuade my teacher, maybe it will have some effect.](Alexia)

[Your teacher? Who’s that?](Satoru)

[Hehe, my teacher is the capital of the knight’s order! He is the most powerful knight in the capital. I guess his combat power would be that of an S rank adventurer.](Alexia)

She said that while sticking out her big chest, her tone was also a little prideful.

[I see, even though he has the capabilities of an S rank he still wouldn't be able to do much.](Satoru)

[Why? Didn’t Alexia say that an S rank could deal with an A rank monster?](Lisa)

[That’s right, but that would be if it was a ground type monster. Think about it, a knight fighting a dragon isn’t that good because the dragon can fly. If in the capital there isn’t anyone who can bring the dragon down then the dragon can just fly around the capital and burn it down with it’s breath.](Satoru)

[Indeed, that’s correct.](Alexia)

[Hee, I didn’t think about that.](Lisa)

[Well I will be taking my leave now. See you at the arena tomorrow.](Alexia)

Both me and Lisa said goodbye to Alexia and left in the direction of the inn. It was already evening, so we would still have some time to roam around, but I didn’t want to. We didn’t talk much on the way back to the inn. We enjoyed the food as always and I went back to our room. In fact, I only lied down on the bed for a couple of minutes waiting for Lisa to fall asleep, before teleporting straight to the dungeon. I was a little anxious about that whole dungeon break, so I wanted to strengthen myself the most I could.

I stayed at the fifty fourth floor and defeated as many monsters as I could. I didn’t even bother parrying as I just teleported behind them and dealth heavy damage with each attack. I gained experience points like crazy while using only physical attacks, with the effect of berserk. My level rose quickly and after defeating forty or so B ranked monsters, my level hit 100 again. My berserk skill also leveled up. Killing those forty monsters took something along two hours so I still had a lot of time. It was at least night time now so I could fight for the whole night, but there was one problem. I already felt that my a little tired because of the constant use of berserk.

I didn’t think too much and chose sword master as my next job. I gained a new title sword master but I didn’t check it and continued to hunt. Thanks to the berserk skill leveling up, my stamina depleted slower than before. After another two hours of battling in the dungeon, I already knew where I should focus my strikes and accustomed myself to evading the blows without the help of teleportation. After another two and a half hours I managed to raise another job to the max level. I already felt very tired. Just as I was about to choose another job I hear a voice in my head.

[Fatigue resistance leveled up!]

With that, my tiredness slowly retracted and after a minute, I didn’t feel so tired anymore. Although I still felt that my body is tired, the tiredness wasn’t as strong as before. I felt that I could still go on for another hour so I chose master swordsman as my next job and continued to defeat the monsters in haste.

[Swordsmanship leveled up!]
[Smash leveled up!]
[Sense presence leveled up!]
[Berserk leveled up!]

After another hour I felt satisfied so I teleported back to our room and looked at the sleeping Lisa laying on the bed. Because I was dead tired I fell on the bed near her and quickly feel asleep.

8