Chapter 6
1.5k 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“He-hello, welcome” The man says in a hoarse voice.

There was a name tag attached on his black t- shirt, it labeled “Mike”. He wore a black dirty tunic paired with a grey pants.

Rachael replied with a fake bitter smile.

“Good Afternoon” She said and took a step forward.

It was a bright smile, but the man sat on a chair inside the counter, while doing so, he took a book nearby on the counter table and read, as if he lost interest in her.

The rage of Rachael was hidden under her frightening smile. Meanwhile, Steph was scanning around the library, she wondered if she can duplicate all the books here, and store it to her space without giving a disturbance in the mana.

She didn’t made a debate and proceeds to the plan. Since, there is no one here, it’s really okay to disturb the mana and to silence Mike she’s planning to give him a mountain of gold coins.

But she sort it out and finally makes the plan. Rachael looks at Steph’s thinking pose. A hand on her chin, and direct eyes cast on the ground. Truly a beautiful and rare view for Rachael.

Steph walked to the counter and said.

“If you keep this a secret to what happens today, I’ll give you this”

Mike looks at her with dumbfounded expression. But then Steph lends out her fist on the counter and release it. 10 gleaming green coins with a dense magic infused, it made a beautiful noise upon impacting the wooden counter.

Mike widen his eyes upon seeing mithril coins, it converts to a hundred golden coins. A gold coin converts into a hundred silver coins, and a silver coins converts into a hundred copper coins.

One mithril coin is enough for your whole life, he can’t imagine what 10 mithril coins can do to him. He trembles and nods to Steph. Then he greedily accepts it, and because of the mithril he instantly forgets his ethics.

Steph turned to Rachael, who was behind her the whole time and she had the same expression as Mike.

“You too. If not, I won’t look at you”

Saying so, Rachael made a noticeably twitch. She had succumb to Steph’s eye torture to the extent that she doesn’t want to let go of it.

With a stuttering voice, Rachael give an honest answer while blushing.

“Y-yes”

Steph was satisfied with that. In the outside view, one can say it was already planned as if it was only a play to them. Steph walks inside the sea of books.

Rachael follows her from behind as her breathing becomes distorted. Steph’s statement gave her a verbal abuse and made a stimulation in her.

Steph’s stops her walk and turns to Rachael, which Rachael involuntarily twitch and made her become so distorted and imagine things that won’t become real.

“Stay here” She said and left Rachael.

‘Eh?’ Rachael thought. But she doesn’t have a choice but to follow her master’s command, she doesn’t want to dissatisfy her master.

Steph’s walks and walks. She roams around the library until her finally arrives at a podium that seem to be the center of the library, and if you walk a little forward, you’ll meet a roman like-theater.

There she seats at the ground and constructs a spell from numerology craft. [Duplicate] [Spell thief] [Acceleration] [Space distortion] [Space]. All are from different crafts, yet it was constructed at a single spell. Numerology craft, the combination of letters and numbers.

Though by means of letters, they’re actually symbols and are encrypted. Changing the spells into numbers, creating magic circles and magic forms from symbols. Steph creates a wide-range duplicate magic spell in a split second. Very inhumane speed.

If an average magician creates a spell through numerology craft, the magician needs at least an hour to convert the name to symbols, text to numbers, purpose to numbers, mana to colors, spells to numbers, creating correct magic structures, creating support magic structures and doing this, one must maintain their mana channel and continuously send mana to the symbols and other converted spells while making the encrypted magic symbols.

If any mages creates a spell, they cannot do it without the title [Sage] or rank [Sage] and to Steph, she had obtained the title [Magician] when she was young from her previous world, and even has the title [The holder of the archives] and [Grandmaster of the archive]

In any case, the magic extends throughout the whole building and hits the corners, then it levitate to the ceiling and going back to the lowest floor of the building.

When it hits the ground, the magic spell disperse into light blue particles and goes through Steph’s body without her consent. Steph’s body glows for a brief second, and disappears as if nothing has happened.

Steph nods in satisfaction and returns to Rachael. That magic spell was a wide-range duplicate spell, it does not copy living beings but copies the non-living things. The copy is now a small data at the magic circle she made, and that magic circle is a [Space] element.

In which, when she ever deploy the magic space that has that copy data. The space inside will be that copy data. To save the data, she grabs a book from the archives while returning. The numbers for it was 0000001.

The book is a grimoire, she opens it and paste the magic circle onto the book.

And store it again in her archives. No, she stops half-way and didn’t store it, instead she made a special satchel for her grimoire with alchemist creation. She wore it like a belt and store the grimoire.

While doing so, she arrived in front of Rachael, who seemed like a puppy waiting for its owner. Well, Rachael noticed something unusual to her master, but there seemed to be no change. After all, the grimoire is hidden underneath Steph’s robe.

Even if one individual is to steal this grimoire. They simply cannot because of the mana difference between the holder of the grimoire and the stealer is very different. And every individual has a mana difference. The Grimoire will become so heavy that it cannot be lifted by any means.

“Shall we head back?” Said Steph, she had obtained the knowledge she wants after all.

Rachael gave a nod and followed her from behind.

They left the library with the sun is slowly setting down. The streets in here is getting darker and darker, and there’s no streetlights in this district. Yet, Steph proceeds on the dark streets. It was not a problem to Rachael because she was used in the darkness, but she was worried for her Master. But it didn’t seem to be the case.

Rachael does not know what her Master did in the library, so she asked.

“Um… May I ask what you did in the library?”

While she was standing in the library, she glimpse to an unknown magic circle. It was colorful and also terrifying at the same time. After all she had never seen a magic circle that big and she had a feeling that the mana was completely compressed.

Steph gives a response while walking.

“Don’t tell anyone”

With just that, Rachael fell into silence and didn’t pry any further.

Both of them were able to get out of the town without a problem and headed towards their adobe. The house of the Reign family is atop the lonely plateau, you may think that this house can be easily be invaded. However, due to her mother – Jeanne Reign has a power called [Tamer] and have received a blessing from the Spirit queen [Friends of the wild].

Thus, the high ranking monster are protecting the area and if they counter someone they don’t recognize. They might get attack from the monsters. Like what happened earlier, when two guests was exploring the silent lake, they got attack from the wolves.

In any case, the dark is beginning to spread, yet didn’t mind it and continued.

The cool air fluttered the trees and was carrying a faint odor smell. Rachael noticed it and let her guard up, waiting for the enemy attack. She detected at least 14 bandits around them, and had already surrounded them.

Rachael thought she might die here in order to save her Master. A couple of seconds later, a fireball from the forest came out with a slowest speed that was the case to Steph. However, Rachael panic and push her master forward with both hands.

The fireball hit both Rachael’s arm, making her unable to wield any weapon. Rachael fell down on her knees with the unbearable pain spreading from her hands. The smell of burnt flesh spreads the area as the bandits slowly shows up behind the bushes and trees.

Rachael felt unbearable pain, it was not a pleasurable. Because it wasn’t from her Master. She shouted.

“Master! Ran away!!!” She shouted atop her lungs. She wasn’t able to stand anymore because of the pain spreading from her hand and her whole body.

However, Steph didn’t move. Is she this scared? Is she this weak? Why aren’t you running? Thoughts run to Rachael’s mind. Usually her master is very scary…

The Bandits slowly surrounds them, one step at a time. Slowly…

At that time, Steph was thinking. ‘My mana is almost depleted…’ Because of witchcraft spells that are spamming in a certain space, the mana she restores is also equally distributed to the spells. Hence, she wasn’t able to restore her mana.

There was also other space she continually gives mana to, and one of them is the library she duplicated. Hence making the mana consumption more than she could regen.

This is a fortunate chance for Steph too. To defeat these bandits single-handedly, she needed something to cover it.

As they finally grew closer to Steph, she also made her move.

A burst of blue light came out from Steph’s, the light particles made a wave, which spread throughout the forest and to the sky. The air suddenly became cold as if it was winter, and bandits noticed the floor slowly freezing.

--- A monster, that’s what they thought this moment.

Earlier they scouted a child that seemed to be close or maybe even be a child from the Reign family. They saw this child at the silent lake. Hence, they wanted to make money out of it.

However, these were the result for their greed.

They were completely frozen. Not only they, but also the whole forest, not even the monster that has resistance towards ice attributes, let alone those who haven’t.

The silent lake was also frozen, even the flying monster, they were frozen while flying away.

Fortunately, Rachael wasn’t frozen nor reach the town or the house of the Reign Family. Of course, Steph is also not, but due to maximizing mana capacity, she loses consciousness. The completion for the mana regeneration is also instant. Making her mana be regenerated the moment she lost conscious.

She gained 30% of her maximum mana capacity. She could also wake up any moment, but the growth of her mana capacity makes her not to.

 

<<Alchemist craft>>

A physical creation or physical conversion magic. An Alchemist disciple, that are classed as [Physical conversion] are able to reform or convert any physical objects to absolute anything, in exchange for huge amount of mana. It may also reduce your [life force] a bit, but it can heal overtime.

If an Alchemist disciple graduates its position, they are automatically classed as [Alchemy/Alchemist User] they maybe a professor or a researcher alchemist. But all of them are classified as [Alchemist user].

An Alchemist user that are able to use [Physical creation]. Those users are able to create any physical objects, in exchange for an unimaginable amount of mana. It may decrease your [lifespan] and may never heal again. But the alchemist user may able to select someone who is close to him during the incantation or magic release, and have the [shortening of lifespan to others]

In Steph’s case, she does not need to. For her mana is able to cover everything and not waste her lifespan. Though, with [substitute] hermit craft spell. She may be able to make her lifespan even longer.

27