Chapter 18; part 3
521 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Month 5th, Day 19, Year XXXX
Reign's Manor


“Step-Steph? What gives?” Confused by Steph’s sudden actions, Alusu couldn’t help but ask.

This is the second time that Steph came to him, all on her own. Well, the first one was she asked for permission to go to the town with Rachael, so Alusu safely assumed that Steph wants something from him.

When Steph came in front of him, he immediately know that this isn’t a doll but the original. He does not know why, but he kind of felt like it, perhaps because she’s wearing different clothes now, her atmosphere was also different.

Is it because of her clothes? Alusu was delighted to see Steph with new clothes and his exhaustion went away as he smiled brightly to Steph. This was something like Freya could do, her innocent smile can make people fell for her.

But Alusu’s smile ends when he hears Steph’s statement 

“I’m going to Cardin town” She said with emotionless face.

Like a lightning struck behind him, Alusu’s face became pale as he sweats profusely. He couldn’t properly comprehend what she just said and blink a couple of times. His mind went blank and couldn’t think properly.

‘Is this the rebellion phase again!?’ Alusu thought.

He had trained himself in the past with his children except for Linux and Freya, both of them are different from the rest. Linux has his pride to beat his hero father, while Freya wants to be pampered more. However, Steph is also somewhat different, his heart arches when he heard it.

Forcefully making his mouth to function from the big damage he receives, he asks.

“Wha-What do you mean?” Speaking carefully and try not to fumble up.

He hasn't received this much damage for many years since he fought with the demon king, he wondered how many hours he would last if this would keep up.

Rachael gave a whisper, not too loud yet not too quiet either “grant her everything”

Like a curse or a broken record, that statement repeated in Alusu’s head. He wanted to agree, but her fatherly side won’t let him. He is simply too overprotected to Steph, after all the first day of her exploration outside the house didn’t end well.

Steph gave one more push.

“I’m going to Cardin town in order to learn how others manage their fief properly” Steph said in a monotone voice, but it has a determined aura.

It was a lie of course.

Alusu shred in tears when he heard it, the worry immediately fade away, he took out a handkerchief in his breast pocket and wipes.

‘To think my daughter is motivated’ Alusu thought.

He decided and replied with a delighted tone.

“I’ll permit you!” He wipes his tears “I’ll prepare everything so you don’t have to worry!” 

Steph said without a slight change of her facial expression “thanks”

 And with that, Steph goes outside the room nonchalantly as if nothing happened in the first place.

Rachael stood up and declared “I will protect Milady Steph without holding myself anymore, I don’t care if she hates me as long as I can protect her! So please don’t ever prepare soldiers or guards”

Rachael has [shadow] magic, she is able to control shadows or move within the shadows. It’s a terrifying power if one were to master it, one can make an entire kingdom to be destroyed with a simple super dense shadow ball. The legend also said that it has the power to summon beings from the other side. Although, Rachael haven’t yet mastered her [shadow] magic but it has extreme power that it doesn’t even need it.

‘I see’ Alusu thought ‘She’s even risking it…’

 In deep thought for a minute, Alusu finally made up his mind and said.

“Fine, but please protect her dearly”

 

 

 

 When Steph step out of her father’s office, Steph immediately focus on her [mana zone] provided from the ring and search for the guests. They were at the grand entrance hall, descending down from the stairs. Steph also noticed the soldiers standing inside and out by the entrance of the door, although there was a small gap between them and the door.

She uses [Blink] between them and still remained unnoticed, Steph ignored them as if they didn’t exist in the first place. She pushed the double door that has the highest quality within the Lurian country and has the same size of an average metal gates.

The double door made a pleasant creak and immediately the soldiers let out a shriek of surprise as they instinctively took a fighting stance. 

“WAH!”

Not only did they, but also the soldiers inside have the same reaction, however it wasn’t something so serious after they recognize the person. Steph didn’t mind them and continued forth while the soldiers let out a rude remarks.

-What the hell? It’s only Stephan. Wait, where did she came from in the first place?
-What a weird brat.

Leaving them, Steph and the guests met up in the center of the hall.

 

“Did you enjoy our tea party?” Asked Steph.

Even though, she left them behind and let them do whatever they want during the tea party.  

“Indeed we did. I give you my utmost thanks!” Nervae said while curving the edges of her lip upward. 

“I agree as well” Said Arthur.

There was a major change of their character for a bit on this moment, this time Arthur was fully composed and calm while his first expression was a bit rude. Nervae in the other hand, she’s a composed child when facing others, or so that was the first expression of hers. 

‘Royalties, nobles and merchants really has many different personalities, huh?’ Steph thought, but didn’t mind their changes and She continued.

Steph only nodded in response and starts to walk towards the entrance and to the fountain in front of the manor. The silent was made between them, there was no room to discuss a rejection for Steph's request nor do they know about Steph.

To where they stood was a massive fountain, its size could be compared to one of those royalties. They simply waited for their carriage to come while basking under the silence until Nervae destroyed it. Also, looking at the soldiers who were guarding the grand entrance seem to have left their post.

“Be-before we leave” Nervae said while being nervous and unconsciously stuttering her voice “Can we know some extent of you power?” 

Steph, who was sitting by the fountain and stare at the ground full of pebbles, it was gravel. She gives a nod. She look above, a tinge of faint yellow mixed with pink painted the clear sky, although a pack of big birds were flying across them. Nervae and Arthur followed Steph’s gaze and saw the same thing. The pack of big birds were just enough for an average bow with a full power to reach.

Steph’s open palm pointed at the birds, the temperature around them suddenly drops in an unnatural way. They trembles involuntarily because of the unexpected cold that harass their bodies. Slowly, Steph made her hand that pointed at the birds to squeeze tightly and the birds fell to the forest. The astonishing view brought by the hero’s daughter, it made their jaw to drop.

Returning their gazes back to Steph with their mouths wide open. Steph was surrounded with a cold mist while the ground’s surface was coated with thin ice. Nervae, who couldn’t hide her amazement, runs towards Steph in order to give her a big hug, but Steph dodges it way before she could even jump. While Arthur in the other hand, he gives a remark and stayed composed.

It seemed like they both have a switch in them, their noble aura that they have was lost and could never be found. Steph find it amusing and have a desire to use [Evil eye] with only the [fear] level, because it would be amusing if they become fear all of the sudden. But Steph hold her desires inside.

Anyways, Nervae fell on a chilly, yet somehow half-soft and rough surface. She immediately rose up and ran away from the chilly area. Her appearance seemed to tell that the pain had gone away, however she crouch down saying that it wasn’t completely.

“Amazing! You’re so amazing!” She praise Steph from afar “You’re even a chantless mage that doesn’t use mediums!”

“Indeed” Arthur followed a praise “Furthermore, she is able to control her magic power pretty well”

After his praise, a series of repeating noises invades their ears and it seems it came from the main way of the Reign’s. They averted their gaze and saw an average carriage.

“It seems we will have to part here” Said Nervae, who returned to normal after seeing the carriage.

Steph only nodded in response. Nervae was expecting something different but what does she expect Steph to do? Shrugging off that idea, the carriages have arrive in front of them.

14